The Official 2012 Pre and Regular Season News, Rumors and Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by glyconerd, Nov 30, 2011.

1. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes

2. chivos

chivos Member

May 29, 2011
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Tip of the cap MARCH you on top of your game.

3. sodi_gar

sodi_gar Member

Aug 2, 2006
    murrieta, ca
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Bofo? :p[/QUOTE]

that would be tight. I feel that if he doesn't get picked up by an MLS team he will retire. But regardless of what anyone says, his ability and sevice are amazing ....when he's on.For me , he's worth the risk . but who knows this colombiano dude you guys are speaking of could be good to. At least were scouting in the right areas now. Peru, ecuador , colombia, brazil. thats where your going to increase the probability of putting together a good team. and march confirms its that dude. march knows his $#!+ , so i belive him

4. dino1er

dino1er Member

Jun 5, 2009
    east side of la
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. sodi_gar

sodi_gar Member

Aug 2, 2006
    murrieta, ca
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Yeah I saw that today. Galaxy, Chicago fire . The most Mexican teams in the MLS.

6. hugo90301

hugo90301 Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Lawndale, CA
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
  7. ekker3

ekker3 Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
  8. nocturnal323

nocturnal323 BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 5, 2009
    Boyle Heights, ca
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well supposedly Najera was a "icon" in Cartagena, lets see what he can bring...

I'm upset about the bofo thing.. big slap in the face, and I'm not even sure if Chivas USA has even officially sign JPA!

Well so far it looks like its going to be a competitive squad this season

9. sikolec

sikolec Member

Feb 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4WYM5OKb_M"]Alan da Silva Souza - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOwILo8snJM&feature=plcp&context=C3efe345UDOEgsToPDskKOcABX1sG45Am5GtRIWBht"]Canal Cartagena - El volante cartagenero José Nájera jugará en USA - YouTube[/ame]

11. Gameface

Gameface BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 25, 2000
    Southern California
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. chivos

chivos Member

May 29, 2011
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    It looks like we signed Cesar Romero. I say we nickname him the Joker or El Joker. If you don't get it check out the old Batman show the one with Adam West.

13. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chivas USA takes on Loyola Marymount at 12:30 p.m. on Home Depot Center's University Field 2 tomorrow. The last preseason game at the HDC before opening day.

14. sikolec

sikolec Member

Feb 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like Souza had a decent game today. A goal and a few more scoring chances. Townsend gets 2 goals with the final coming from Romero. Najera also got playing time. Chivas USA 4 - Loyola Marymount 0

https://twitter.com/#!/cdchivasusa

15. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Souza was the only player that stood out to me the whole game. Souza has speed and likes to shoot from outside the box. Even tough they went against kids today, he was very fun to watch. Townsend had several opportunities to score as well as Souza who came close to scoring his 2nd goal but hit the crossbar.

16. glyconerd

glyconerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    Chivas USA TV Schedule.

http://www.foxsportswest.com/02/24/...edule/landing.html?blockID=673640&feedID=5589

Very nice. Lots of televised matches to pick up some attention.

Sorry, Wynalda. :(

17. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/soccer/post/_/id/14796/chivas-usa-tough-choices-vs-lmu

We officially have 24 players on the roster.
    http://www.cdchivasusa.com/players

This. Reminds of Ryan Smith, very fun to watch.

Explains why Chivas USA didn't sign Guppy.

18. chivos

chivos Member

May 29, 2011
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    So who do you think will be are # 3 keeper. Rowe or someone else.

19. ekker3

ekker3 Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Souza is bad ass. aggressive yet fluid in traffic. seems like a very smart player

20. sodi_gar

sodi_gar Member

Aug 2, 2006
    murrieta, ca
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    did they have suazo playing lone striker up top or is he more of an attacking mid? From the reports and the way you guys are talking he sounds bad ass. I want to see whats up with him. If we sign him that would be Angel, Moreno Suazo, townsend, romero and cortez for forwards. Now thats whats up! I'm starting to be very excited. Maybe they are reading our posts. when back when we would say we need to scout Colombia, ecuador, peru, paraguay, argentina etc.. we are finally looking dangerous. This season doesn't have to be a toda madre as long as we make the play offs and have some continuity leading into 2013 when we'll haveour own stadium and LA in our name. Damn...this is the first time I'm genuinelly excited and feeling optimistic for a long time.

21. ekker3

ekker3 Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    dont know for a fact, but from my perspective they had him as an attacking mid (not fwd) and spent plenty of time on the wings. guessing he was allowed to roam.

and townsend is on a TEAR.

also interesting that moreno seems to be playing in non-fwd roles this preseason. more often as a holding mid (which is odd considering the logjam we've got going on in the middle of the field. maybe its just to give others a shot up top.

22. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Scott French just twitted
    I'm a little surprised. We signed him last year, I wonder how long was his contract. Usually players sign for 2 years with option. Cortez is tall and on occasion he looks dangerous in reserve games, but that's it.

I'm surprised Ben Spencer (academy player) is going up with the team to Portland. He announced on twitter that he was going to college.

23. EastLAChiva

EastLAChiva Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Section 138
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm calling it now, Casey Townsend is:

The White Chicharito!
    [​IMG]
    (of course, I'm only joking.)

24. ekker3

ekker3 Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Dude I know it's only preseason, but the way he's been playing, you might not be far off

25. sodi_gar

sodi_gar Member

Aug 2, 2006
    murrieta, ca
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Got rid of Cortez ? This doesn't sound right. He's a kid we need to hold onto him and develop him further. This makes us look like we never stick to what we say we're go an do. What happened to developing youth. Xolos get another young undervalued kid.