The Official 2012 NFL Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Football' started by minerva, Mar 19, 2012.

1. minerva

minerva Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    he held that team hostage for at least 3 seasons.
    you know what, if you don't want to attend OTAs and training camp, come out and say so. sack up and tell your employer that you have no intentions of retiring, but you feel that you're above OTAs and training camp. that you don't need them. don't hold your employer hostage and weasel your way out of OTAs by contemplating retirement. spineless weasel.

Alberto repped this.
  2. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    fyp

I don't think either of us has played a down of NFL ball --I know I haven't-- but I last heard this sentiment expressed at the Pop Warner level. Superior talent gets special treatment from middle school on.

They unloaded Favre because they thought Roders was ready. That's all.

3. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Dude, management always knows the truth. They're not entitled to hear it plainly spoken because they're, y'know, management.

4. minerva

minerva Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know, maybe management saw past those teary-eyed outpourings of emotion at the season ending press conferences, but maybe not. maybe they really thought he was going to retire. management isn't all knowing. especially as it concerns a diva like Favre.

5. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was actually a pick then a FG from Tynes in 2008 but the point is still well taken.

6. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

He's is a self centered asshole. He retarded Rodgers development and quite honestly I would have sacked him at least three seasons earlier given how he played up to the fans through the media and particularly how he sucked on the field.

7. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    If only the uprights were a couple feet taller . . .

The NFL continues to lose every week with these replacement refs.

8. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah. It's a shame. This is the first year I've really poured myself into an NFL team and it's damn near unwatchable because of the reffing.

9. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    Looks like a pretty good pick tonight.

Probably unfair of me to bring it up, but...

10. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Redskins were going to draft Wilson. Colts were looking at him too.

11. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Actually, I think he aided Rodgers development - although completely by accident. The chip Rodgers has carried on his shoulder since college is a key part to what has made him so successful because of the type of person he is. Rather than sulking, he's got that personality of "f*** you, I'll prove you wrong" and the Favre debacle helped a lot with this. So yeah, not that Favre deserves any credit, mind.

As for the Wilson pick, I would imaginethe team most regretting not taking him are the Browns. Just like with Tebow two years back, everyone outside of their front office knew taking Weeden in the first round was an asinine move and would not work out (even if he were a surer bet, at that age he couldn't be worth more than a high third). I have a habit of looking back over past draft on wiki and the 'whatif' scenarios (eg. what if one team with no playmakers liek the Browns/Rams got all of Gronk, Hernandez, Emmanual Sanders, Antonio Brown and Victor Cruz in 2010 - which were VERY doable as they went in the 2nd, 4th, 3rd, 6th and UDFA). I would imagine the Browns are regretting not taking one of Fleener with that second 1st rounder, one of Alshon Jeffrey/Stephen Hill with their 2nd rounder, and Russell Wilson with their third rounder that they traded to the Broncos. What a difference that could have made to their useless offense, and coupled with Richardson that would be 10-12 years of probable franchise players all around.