The Official 2012 Korea NT Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Jan 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Strange right? As if PCY had been a total disaster for the KNT...

2. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Its understandable and somewhat fair for Choi Kang Hee to reconsider PJY. Its just really irritating now how much trust CKH puts in LDG on the international level. LDG made a significant contribution to CKH's domestic success over the past few years but..... Now it seems PJY is on a short leash (understandably) and LDG is on a long one (irritatingly).

I stated this before, but LDG does not have what it takes to be good on the international level. Not fast enough, smart enough, strong enough, etc etc. If CKH does continue being the manager after the Kuwait game, he better not continue this bullshit with a 32 year old player (soon to be 33, 35 by 2014WC).

3. zdrav

zdrav Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    I think CKH has been quite clear that the team is he assembling for this one match is definitely not for the long term.

4. KyopoOhNo

KyopoOhNo Member+

Aug 3, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Is that because he doesn't plan on being the KNT manager for the long term? (I don't mean to sound like a jerk, I'm honestly asking.)

5. zdrav

zdrav Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    He's said that he doesn't actually want to be the manager during the World Cup itself.

6. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  7. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  8. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  9. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    [​IMG]

I still think this picture is more funnier. :D

10. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Ha I remember that photo

So apparently from the reporters, this is the formation they saw (from a training match). But remember that the two Euro boys havent started training yet. But i think the formation may be right.

Lee Dong Guk

Han Sang Woon---------------Lee Keun Ho

Kim Do Heon

Kim Sang Shik--------Ha Dae Sung

Park Won Jae---Lee Jung Soo---Kwak Tae Hee---Choi Hyo Jin

Goalkeeper

And then he changed Han Sang Woon with Kim Chi Woo and Kim Sang Shik with Kim Jae Sung.

11. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    no jung sung ryong?

12. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    I believe they train separately from the team so probably didn't even see him.

13. Chong-soo

Chong-soo Member

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Jeonbuk Motors
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Maybe no one knew how to use Lee DG (just speculating).

I always saw huge talent in this lad, but mysteriously he would just vanish and stay invisible during whole games.

Uzbekistan is a bigger threat than Kuwait, if the team can display some quality football in the next friendly they can certainly take down the arabic team at home, in Seoul.

Lee DG is a powerful forward, no doubt about that.
    But he miss pace and precision.

He needs to take his hands out of his pockets and play with his experience.

14. KyopoOhNo

KyopoOhNo Member+

Aug 3, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Article in English. FYI KSY and PCY are expected to join the team on Feb. 27. http://koreajoongangdaily.joinsmsn.com/news/article/Article.aspx?aid=2948696

15. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The team is having a lot of training sessions. One in the morning and another in the day today. The snow made the pictures look cool this time around

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Chong-soo

Chong-soo Member

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Jeonbuk Motors
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Choi hasn't even had his first official game with the NT yet, that the "i know everything journalist wannabees" talk about the weaknesses of his system and his limitations.

I mean, let the guy play first ?

Football is the only sport where supporters have such a deplorable mentality of taking down everyone and everything and acting like coaches when something goes wrong.

It seems to them that changing scheme and a few players can magically solve any problem in a football team.

While it's the total opposite.
    Performances mostly rely on the mood and the confidence of players/staff.

80% of football is in your head.

17. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    thats most sports i think not just football. everyone thinks they can do it.

but i think its not a bad read and a lot of research/time went into it.

18. sevup

sevup Member

Feb 21, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  19. Chong-soo

Chong-soo Member

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Jeonbuk Motors
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  20. KyopoOhNo

KyopoOhNo Member+

Aug 3, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I never got that impression of him. Based on his behavior during matches, he struck me as outspoken and confident. I just got the impression that he doesn't talk to the press.

21. Chong-soo

Chong-soo Member

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Jeonbuk Motors
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He doesn't have the presence to be a captain.
    Park JS would make himself understand well on the field by yelling and dictating the pace of the game.

I never saw Park CY yell when something goes wrong, neither i saw him dictate the pace of a game (maybe at Seoul, but not in KNT where he seemed shy to me).

A captain needs to have that aura and authority.
    As for Kwak, lets see what he can do, but it usually needs someone with broad elbows and a strong character.

22. Randomized

Randomized Member

Feb 18, 2005
    Let me clarify this for you Chong-Soo, since you seem confused about the intent of the article and the website. No-one on Tuhon Republic is claiming to know everything. We do our research, we watch games (time permitting), and we talk to others who are far more knowledgeable about certain aspects of football than we are. If you were to, say, provide an alternative op-ed on Choi Kang-Hee or Cho Kwang-Rae, that would be terrific since it means there are other, alternative opinions that would only help to stimulate debate and promote Korean football. Since there is a dearth of English-speaking Korean football websites at the moment, we felt this would be a great opportunity to help fill the void.

Since there aren't really any competing or alternative or even other websites at the moment, perhaps it seems like we're the only provider and arbiter of 'true knowledge', when in fact, we don't claim to be. We like to do our research, do our translations for those who might struggle with the Korean otherwise, and help provide insight.

I just went to the front page of ESPN's webpage on baseball and saw this editorial on the Yankee's new acquisition Pineda who has not played a full minute yet in the pinstripes.

Whether you tend to agree or disagree, a sizeable chunk of sports writing tends to involve speculation, rumours, forecasting, and predictions based on extant knowledge. This is not exclusive to football but about every sport out there. If you go to popular sports blog sites like SBNation, you'll be up to your knees in "I know everything journalist wannabes" who actually claim to know everything about every sport. This is far from the first time that this kind of article/editorial has been posted on BigSoccer Korea -- I found it odd that you chose to call this one out.

To attribute 80% of the performances of a football team, Korea or whatever, to mood, psychology, and confidence would be doing the tacticians and managers a disservice. Unfortunately, as important as these components are to a team performance (I do agree they are important), they're not the easiest things to quantify or operationalise. We can talk about the 'team mood' or the 'team atmosphere' and the psychology of any given individual on the team, but it's just as accessible to other people, if not more so, to talk about concrete numbers and figures and whatever else (heatmaps, diagrams, etc.) gleaned from the actual games. We'd welcome any fMRI expertise you might have in helping us out with that tricky 80%.

23. Chong-soo

Chong-soo Member

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Jeonbuk Motors
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Been there, done that.

Unfortunately it's a hassle to find authors interested in Korean football willing to type articles.

Some of the members here might remember the "footkorean" adventure.
    Didn't last long, but at least gave it a shot.

Good luck to you guys.

24. Randomized

Randomized Member

Feb 18, 2005
    It was a very good site, unfortunate about that bit. Thanks Chong-Soo.