The Official 2012 Korea NT Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Jan 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    i believe we have 6 players called up who can play centrally.

2. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It would probably be a 3-man battle between Kim Do Heon vs Shin Hyung Min vs Ha Dae Sung. Kim Sang Shik wont be off the radar but a sub appearance at best should be his target for now. Then again, we cannot guarantee that Ki Sung Yeung is an automatic starter. If the condition of the three players above are good, then two can start.

Its a pity that all the training will be hidden to the public. Its understandable but then there wont be much to talk about until the match (vs Uzbekistan) kicks off. We're not going to know anything or get any inside information.

3. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Id personally like this formation vs Uzbekistan

Lee Dong Guk--Lee Keun Ho​

Han Sang Woon--Shin Hyung Min--Ha Dae Sung---Kim Jae Sung​

Park Won Jae---Lee Jung Soo--Kwak Tae Hee--Kim Chang Soo​

Jung Sung Ryong​

And then in Second half tweek the formation a bit. Introduce Kim Shin Wook and Park Chu Young, Kim Do Heon, Kim Young Kwang, Choi Hyo Jin and Kim Chi Woo. If we can get more players in then 6, then Choi Tae Uk as well and Ki Sung Yeung and Oh Beom Suk.​

Kim Shin Wook​

Park Chu Young​

Kim Chi Woo---Ki Sung Yeung---Kim Do Heon---Choi Tae Uk​

Oh Beom Suk---Lee Jung Soo---Kwak Tae Hee---Choi Hyo Jin​

Kim Young Kwang​

4. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  5. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    new training kits

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  7. KyopoOhNo

KyopoOhNo Member+

Aug 3, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  8. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Choi Kang Hee's word ever since he took over

"A captain should be a defender or a central midfielder, who can stay longer than a forward and has the central control of the team."

Park Chu Young probably understands the decision.

[​IMG]

9. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    surprised it wasn't LJS if that was the case

10. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Kwak Tae Hee has more leadership than Lee Jung Soo, from a third person's view.

[​IMG]

11. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Kwak Tae-hee is coming off a MVP-like season. good for him and i agree with CKH about how a defender/center mid should be captain.

and looks like we got the arsenal template for training kits.

edit: also PCY is a pretty quiet guy off the field. you would rather have someone who can lead both on the field and off. this shouldnt be looked at as a disrespect to PCY but rather giving him less pressure.

12. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  13. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The captain should probably be someone with more international experience. Good international experience.... :roll eyes:

Didn't really think he would start again for the KNT after the AC.

14. KyopoOhNo

KyopoOhNo Member+

Aug 3, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yeah I was surprised also. His red card against Bahrain was the first thing that came to my mind.

15. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Was it him who conceded the penalty like an amateur against India?

16. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    Some of the cards were deserved but some of them were harsh in my opinion, if I recall correctly. Nonetheless he gave up an insane amount of penalties inside a small amount of matches.

17. KyopoOhNo

KyopoOhNo Member+

Aug 3, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yup.

18. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  19. gambeta

gambeta Member

Sep 21, 2009
    I can't even begin to describe what a horrible choice Kwak Tae-hwi is for a captain. I understand that he's a personable guy and all, but that's moot when his skills on the pitch are suspect at best.

20. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    He shouldn't be denied of captaincy just because referees in Asia are idiots. He did fine in the run of friendlies before the World Cup and never got sent off--in fact, he's been sent off once in his entire professional career.

Kwak Taehee is a good leader and has experience with captaincy. With Lee Jungsoo struggling as of late, he's the best option we've got for a captain. [If Cho Kwangrae didn't focus on turning the senior team into an under 15 team, then we would have players with more international experience.] He's actually on the rise as a player, his game is incredibly consistant, and he doesn't get hindered by the mistakes he makes. For a defender, there isn't a better captain material.

The better question is can he stay injury free for the majority of the campaign and show up for most of the call ups. My guess is no he wouldn't and selecting the vice-captain, whoever that might be, will be just as crucial as selecting the captain.

21. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    I used to think he was a tad bit overrated--and he was--but he's improved/matured tremendously over the course of last season and the Asian Cup. Ulsan is the textbook of defence 101, where the raw comes and learns how to defend as a team. I can tell you as the club's fan that if it wasn't for Kwak, we allowed way more than league-low 29 goals this season. In any case, Choi Kanghui wanted it all along to give the captaincy to a central defender; I don't think there is any other option at the moment.

If it were anybody else, I'd tell you to shut up and go watch more Ulsan matches, but since it's you, I suggest you be patient with the guy and give him a chance. I doubt he lasts the entire campaign as the captain anyways.

22. gambeta

gambeta Member

Sep 21, 2009
    Let's see. 1) He can't pass the ball out of the back, 2) he's reckless inside the box with shirt-pulling, body-checking and elbowing, 3) defends quite well when his marker is in front of him, but is clueless when the ball is played over his head (Ulsan, in limited times I've seen of them, play very deep defensively so it's hard to assess how much he's improved when it comes to dealing with balls being played over the top. It looks to me like he's playing in a system that allows him to be a penalty box defender which is when he's at his best).

While I agree that some of the cards he received at the Asian Cup were harsh, all of the penalties he conceded were rightfully given and you also have to admit that refereeing in the K-League is extremely lenient more often than not.

But if Choi Gang-hee is insistent on giving the armband to a CB, I guess I agree that there really aren't better options. Lee Jung-soo has been awful, Hong Jung-ho is too young and the rest simply aren't good enough.

23. Chong-soo

Chong-soo Member

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Jeonbuk Motors
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I agree at 100%.

He's been pretty decent in my opinion.

I even remember him scoring (Ivory coast game ?).

24. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It feels like the atmosphere of the KNT is that of LDG being the permanent member and PJY being the misfit. This is quite sad but comical.

25. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I think it's sad that those two are the best we have.