The Off-Topic Thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by DaveyGorgeous, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Northern Juventino

May 25, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Well at least you make sense. Eli almost threw for 5000 yards this year and has shown his mettle in the past at crunch time. Alex Smith has won one playoff game.

I guess you know who I'm buying

2. Bianconeri13

Bianconeri13 Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Anaheim, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    my heart says 9ers, my mind says giants :(

part of my problem with eli is that i still carry a grudge from his draft day actions, im not a chargers fan but he just behaved like a spoiled brat. so i always downplay anything he does. he has looked very sharp these playoffs tho, and it eerily looks like..08? whenever it was they beat the pats in the superbowl

3. Northern Juventino

May 25, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    You feel the same way about John Elway? Because he did the exact same thing

4. Bianconeri13

Bianconeri13 Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Anaheim, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    never was an elway fan lol . can respect his talent obviously, but i can't respect that. that undermines the whole meaning of the draft, the draft is to let the bad teams reload to become good teams, its why the nfl has so much parity.

but these players like elway or manning come in unwilling to put in the work at an organization to make it great, come into the league entitled like they deserve better, and have the audacity to get picky over who is going to pay them millions of dollars when there are 99.99% of people in the world with significantly less money.

5. Northern Juventino

May 25, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I feel the same way about Eric Lindros when growing up. Personally now I really don't care anymore about athletes morals but before it really bothered me.

6. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    I have no problem with a guy wanting to live where he wants to live. I don't know if I would go to a place like Green Bay, Atlanta or Tampa if I was drafted by one of them.

7. Northern Juventino

May 25, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Ummm Whats wrong with Tampa.

Eli denied San Diego which would be a place I wouldn't mind living

8. 1251alex

1251alex Member+

Oct 3, 2010
    La Mirada, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Alex Smith has thrown the fewest interceptions in a season in NFL history. Alex Smith is the ONLY quarterback in NFL history to have two TD drives in the last 3 minutes of a playoff game. So, he had two game winning 4th quarter comebacks in one game, under 3 mins. impressive huh? :D

anyways, everyone has been doubting the 49ers and Alex Smith all year long so I wouldn't expect otherwise for tomorrows game. Our D is 1000 times more physical than the Giants D. We ********ing tackle hard. Look at the NO game last week. The saints offense came out on their first drive like if they were hot shit, by the time their second drive came around it looked like none of their receivers wanted to be caught holding the ball. LOL. :D

it's gonna be a great game.

and as for Eli or any other QB passing for more than 5000 yards this season; I wouldn't look into it too much. The NFL has been making the league pass happy, and QB favored for a while now. its bullshit.

9. Bianconeri13

Bianconeri13 Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Anaheim, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    i know its all about qb's now, as a defense you can barely touch them.

smith was very impressive at the end last week, its just that he hasn't been in any of these situations before, and eli has succeeded in them. that's far from an end all be all necessity to win the game, but for now it gives eli the edge. the 9ers d is way better tho, and a physical d can take a team completely out of their rhythm.

i know this from divisional round when my falcons played the giants :( hah

who do you guys got in pats ravens?

10. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Being the "off-topic thread" and not just the "NFL thread", what is everyone's opinion about the Schettino thing? For those in Italy, what is the public's sentiment?

11. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    It's in the South.

I love San Diego. Different Strokes.

12. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    A comparison ....

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

13. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    ^Not sure I follow, Falc. Upper left is Schettino, right? Don't know the others or the significance in the comparison. Such a tragedy though..

14. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Are you that young? Or have I become that old?

Schettino is the one on the upper left. De Falco on the upper right. He is the Coast Guard captain that chewed out Schettino.

The two on the bottom row are characters from the show Love Boat. The one on the left is Gopher, the yeoman purser. On the right is Captain Stubing.

15. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    if the Gaints score first they will win. If alex smith is forced to throw long passes during the game the Gaints will take advantage. If the 49ers score first they will play defense and win im from SF and I dont really care for either the Gaints(baseball team) or are football team find the fan base here annoying and enjoy pissing of my family who are die hard fans of both teams:D but it should be good game if it rains the Candle Stick will need to provide boats for people to get to their cars.:p

16. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    I was about to say... No way most of these cats ever saw The Love Boat.

17. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    You are about as close to being my contemporary around here. I think you are the same year as my little sis.

18. Northern Juventino

May 25, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    agreed. I'm problably one of the older ones here and I barely remember it.

As for the Schettino incident I don't think he did all he could have. However; their have been some survivors of the boat who say he did his best to save as many people as he can. Nonetheless it just seemed he talked to the coast guard in an improper manner and was very unprofessional

19. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I thought upper right was the Coast Guard captain. But, yea, I don't remember Love Boat, vaguely. :p

20. 1251alex

1251alex Member+

Oct 3, 2010
    La Mirada, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Alex Smith had 6 fourth quarter comebacks this season(7 if you count both of them last sunday:p), he's been in this position before, nobody was paying attention though.

I wanna see the pats lose, but who know who will win. im iffy on that game. I think the ravens are the better team but I feel like the refs are gonna give BS calls for Tom Brady.

21. 1251alex

1251alex Member+

Oct 3, 2010
    La Mirada, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    cmon man, in todays pass happpy NFL, no lead is safe. and lol at every team the whole season trying to force Alex to throw the ball. how did that work out for the Giants in week 10? how about the Saints last week? :D

im definitely hoping for rain.

22. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    its raining now.:D im not much of a football fan but im feeling Alex Smith is having a wounder year this year i wouldn't bet on a repeat next year with him as QB and either way win or lose 49er fans will be annoying to me hopefully they win so i dont have to hear sobing and crying from them until the next football season starts...:p

23. 1251alex

1251alex Member+

Oct 3, 2010
    La Mirada, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Jim Harbaugh is a QB guru so I'm not too worried about your prediction for next year. :p

ahahaha. Go Niners!

24. Northern Juventino

May 25, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    #10 won that game for the Gmen :)

25. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    looks like i was right... A little dam pressure on Smith and would throw it to the sides and shIt himself a brick but that turnover screwed them...