Alert: The NT Players Performance and Ratings Thread 2012/2013

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Kirsten19, Aug 26, 2012.

1. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He only played there once so thats not a big deal, indicates how good a player he is if anything.

If he does well in the EL it'll be tough for Löw to justify leaving him out.

2. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Jantschke is decent, but cant imagine if he's NT calibre. Oczipka too as a matter of fact.

Lets dont forget Castro who did exceptionally well for Leverkusen in the last few years, arguably the most consistent RB in 1BL, also got overlooked by Loew. Loew doesnt like to bring in new fullbacks.

But still, its better than our situation up top. German strikers are even starting/playing for their clubs. Only Kiessling, Petersen n Riesinger so far in the last matchday

3. The Bavarian Oak

Apr 27, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It would help if he had actually been playing RB more than 50% of the time. He plays in midfield more often than fullback nowadays.

Gomez is injured, Klose started for Lazio, Kuranyi starts for Dinamo.

Ducksch, Hofmann, Quaschner etc. are coming through.

4. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I actually have some hope on Peniel Mlapa when he's back from injury

The kid is explosive and skillful for his size. I think he is a good replacement of Reus for Gladbach.

Hanke is not a good compliment to Luuk de Jong, they both have similar game; n De Camargo isnt very consistent.

Mlapa is mobile and as versatile as Reus, can play as a main striker as well as playing as supporting forward or winger. His finishing may be even worse than Reus', but he can provide pace, strength n versatilty as Reus did.

I think Mlapa, Petersen or even Polter(if he can start consistently later this season) may have better chance to make it than fullbacks like Jantschke n Oczipka. Loew actually have some options at fullback(Pander? Aogo? Riether? Beck? Castro? Schaefer?), but not many options at all up top

5. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Are you on drugs?

6. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    He obviously isnt as fast as Reus, but he is much bigger and is very fast for a player of his size. I m surprised a 6'4" player and that tough can have such pace and skill. He can definitely add pace/versatility/toughness/mobility to Gladbach's offense. And I thin that's exactly what Gladbach's need, they don't need another Towering CF like Luuk De Jong or Hanke

Before u criticize, have u ever watched Mlapa play?

Heck, maybe everything i said is wrong base on 100% stereotype. An ignorant poster like Dage who has never seen a single game from a certain player can criticize me?

Maybe I need some of what Dage has been smoking

7. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The important part is "may have even a worse finishing than Reus". Reus is one of the best finishers currently and yea I have seen a lot of matches of Mlapa. Mlapa is young and has talent but he's no NT material. He's a good Bundesligaplayer, though.

Apropos de Jong is no "towering target man", have you seen a single match with him?

8. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Yes, i think De Jong will be a targetman for Gladbach under this formation, function will be similar to Hanke's in last season

I dunno if Mlapa is really a good Bundesliga player, to be very honest. Or else he wouldnt struggle that much in Hoffenheim. But i think his game may compliment de Jong's well. Gladbach need such a mobile, versatile, pacy "false 9" behind de Jong

Reus has great shooting technique but i still remember him missing many sitters/easy chances, dont think hes a top finisher but he is very willing to shoot n he has good shooting power n technique

9. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Podolski with a fine assist and goal today in Arsenal's 6-1 win against Southampton.

10. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    ozil with a very disappointing performance for madrid today.

11. Leinad

Leinad Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    Düsseldorf
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So business as usual this season for him at Real. He has to be carefull or he will lose his spot to Modric.
    In other news good BL-performances by pretty much all german Bayern-players. I especially liked the play between Kroos, Schweinsteiger, Lahm and Müller, a lot of fluid stuff between them.
    Hummels and Götze also with a good performance for Dortmund. It should be mentioned that Götze played as AM and it seems likely that he will stay there for the moment.

12. Dr Faust

Dr Faust Member+

Jul 12, 2010
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Trochowski, the future saviour of German football, scored the winner against Real Madrid.

bayern15 repped this.
  13. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I was about to post same.

The solution to German football issues. Piotr Trochowski

14. Dr Faust

Dr Faust Member+

Jul 12, 2010
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes, he's much better than Özil, as was clearly visible today and witnessed by the entire world. There's no way around Jogi re-installing Trochowski as the focal point of the NT, while giving him the captain's armband as well. Trochowski was dropped in favor of such horrible players like Özil, Götze, Müller or Reus, neither of which has ever scored a winning goal against Real Madrid. Özil in particular doesn't seem likely to score a winner against Madrid any time soon.

By now, people must have realized that dropping Trochowski was a mighty mistake that will need to be addressed AND FIXED by tomorrow morning at 6:09 am.

bayern15, Cris 09 and odd1234 repped this.
  15. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Yes, Ozil usually starts like this though - he'll eventually kick it up a notch and will be Mourinho's favorite.

I was so impressed by Schweini and Kroos. Again, I think the key to getting the best out of Kroos is playing him as our #10, with Schweini behind him. He's going to have a tremendous season.

16. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    He's an above average player but that was a great finish.

bayern15 repped this.
  17. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    By the way, Robert Huth did an AMAZING job today, he effin destroyed Manchester City's attack. Why isn't he considered for the NT again?

18. Dr Faust

Dr Faust Member+

Jul 12, 2010
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes. Therefore what the NT needs now is this:

[​IMG]

With the unstoppable triangle of #10 players (Kroos, Özil, Götze) constantly moving like this:

[​IMG]

19. Dr Faust

Dr Faust Member+

Jul 12, 2010
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Doesn't fit Jogi's profile. Too brute, underdeveloped passing skills, and even dares to tackle opponents. Huth personifies everything Jogi despises about football. He also dared to slightly criticize one of Jogi's decisions in 2006.

20. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH I like that function though, you a mathematician?

21. Dr Faust

Dr Faust Member+

Jul 12, 2010
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes, I'm a mathematician and I'm specialized in the field of googling for "rotating triangle" and posting the first decent result. My calculations led me to believe that the gif would appear right in this thread and, as you can see, it worked perfectly.

22. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    High hopes there, I'm a scientist, so being the geek i am i thought others might be too.

23. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    For me he doesn't even have to score that many, just show that he has the understanding and technical ability to play the role.

So far he hasn't. I mean, what striker in a mobile 4-2-3-1 is limited by an inability to shoot with both feet, and play with his back to the goal? None. He would certainly be the first. Unless he learns to do both in a short time.

24. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Van Persie only shoots with one leg or he doesnt count?

odd1234 repped this.
  25. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't even have to answer this one...