Alert: The NT Players Performance and Ratings Thread 2012/2013

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Kirsten19, Aug 26, 2012.

1. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Özil and Götze definitely very different. I think the former is obviously ahead of the latter in development but also shows a greater ceiling to be honest. Özil's off the ball movement is what makes him special and it's much better than Götze's.

As soon as he refines his finishing he will be unplayable because it's hard enough as it is for defenders to deal with him.

SoccerFan4182, Kais3r and Kirsten19 repped this.
  2. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I don't know how fair that analysis can be, Gotze has been injured for a while now and hasn't had the time to truly bring himself back to the form he had earlier. I think they're too different for comparison. Gotze definitely seems like the kind of player who will be both scoring and assisting plenty.

3. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You're right. Götze far harder to assess because what he's done, he's done very sporadically.

This season can be make or break for him.

4. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Anyone here who's disapppointed at Thomas Mueller's development so far?

I mean he hasnt improved since WC2010. thats my take.

Mueller has been used as a winger on the far right, instead of going into the penalty box and takes advantage of his superior scoring instinct and positioning. I think the kid is lost. He isnt a winger simply because he cant cross too well and cant really dribble pass defenders and make his own shots/cross.

Reus, Oezil, Podolski, Mueller, Holtby, Kroos, Schuerrle, Goetze ...........way too competitive at those AM positions

odd1234 repped this.
  5. Leinad

Leinad Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    Düsseldorf
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    sporadically? Götze has shown a much higher consistency in his performances than Özil has ever done and this in a much younger age.
    That's why I also think that Götze is the one with the greater "ceiling" and this season is certainly not one that can "make or break him", that's just overly dramatic.

Raumdeuter repped this.
  6. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Its quite ridiculous to think that this is a "make or break" season for such a young player. Oezil was nowhere near the level Goetze currently is at the same age. Back when Oezil was with Schalke it was not clear to anyone that he would achieve the level of quality has has since then. One could also point to the fact that Oezil has stagnated over the past 2 seasons, and may be already at his ceiling in terms of talent.

7. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I disagree with this almost completely. I've been disappointed with Mueller, but mostly because he has spent too much time playing off of Gomez. He's far better as a winger but because of Robbery hasn't had much PT there. Also he's much better with a striker like Klose who not only isn't incompetent on the ball, but also can move out of the box and take defenders with him, that opens space for Mueller to run into from his wide positions, and Gomez can't do that at all.

8. Leinad

Leinad Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    Düsseldorf
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    To me Özil's biggest problem is still his lack of consistency and that he gets too easily frustrated in games which don't go his way. I hope that he can improve in that area but it's something that worries me.

9. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Utter nonsense. Götze needs an entire season under his belt to show any consistency.

Make or break doesn't mean he will not become a great player, but in terms of assessing what he is really capable of overt he course of an entire season...

10. Leinad

Leinad Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    Düsseldorf
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What the hell? Did you somehow miss the 2010/2011 season? His average kicker rating was a 2.70 while Özils best season (08/09) was a 2.89, not to mention that Götze had in the last season an average of 2.43 until his injury. That's 1,5 years of top performances in a very young age with hardly any bad game.
    Not that the kicker ratings are the end to any discussion but they provide at least a somewhat objective picture.

Again, it seems like you somehow missed an entire season. I already pointed out that Götze was performing for 1,5 years at this level before his injury and in his short appearences this season he has so far looked much better than Özil in Real's games.

Raumdeuter, nekkibasara and timh19 repped this.
  11. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This discussion is pointless though because Özil is a proven international, vetted in Europe for years and in two major tournaments.

That's consistency.

If Götze plays more than one season and on similar stages then we can have this discussion. To claim otherwise. To even draw up this comparison doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

SoccerFan4182 repped this.
  12. Leinad

Leinad Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    Düsseldorf
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So you decided to change the subject we were discussing? Now you talk about experience (on international level) and not about consistency.

No, that's a lot of experience for a player in Özil's age but that doesn't mean Özil was really consistent in all these tournaments/competitions.

What comparison? We just discussed consistency of their performances. Götze has of course to prove that he can also do it for Germany/on the international stage but that was also true for Özil in that age and it doesn't change the fact that Götze has so far been more consistent in his career though it's absolutely true that Özil has already shown great performances on a bigger stage.

13. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You are shifting. experience can be telling of consistency.

But he was. And has been. Nobody outside Barcelona rivals his assists record in the last four years.

That parallel is highly relative. Götze is far less experienced so you can claim he is 'more consistent' but what can you really draw from that assessment? Nothing. So why make it in the first place?

14. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    At 21, Ozil was the star of the German National Team at the world cup. He had one bad game, against Spain. But was amazing throughout the tournament, thats a pretty big deal for a 21 year old.

Gotze has to do a lot to make that kind of impact, ever.

SoccerFan4182 repped this.
  15. The Bavarian Oak

Apr 27, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    LOL Ozil the best player at WM 2010? Give me a break.

Make a few fancy flicks and everyone loves you.

Gotze could win a World Cup. Ozil will only make some pretty plays before eventually losing.

Raumdeuter repped this.
  16. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    In the German squad? Yes. He caught everyones attention, and for good reason.

17. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Schuerrle heading to Chelsea, probably as a backup of Torres

Big Money transfer tho, probably 20-25mil. But for a backup? n i dont think Schuerrle plays CF anymore

18. The Bavarian Oak

Apr 27, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think Victor Moses is going to be the backup for Torres.

I think Schurrle arriving at Chelsea would be more of an, "Oh sh*t, Marin sucks. We need another winger."

odd1234 repped this.
  19. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Yea, Marin isn't even on the bench for the team and i havent heard a word of him being injured.

20. Dr Faust

Dr Faust Member+

Jul 12, 2010
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Völler confirmed in an interview today that Schürrle is going nowhere and instead will be one of the leaders in Leverkusen this season - along with Lars Bender, who's also supposed to be staying no matter what, and Wollscheid.

From what I've read several times, Marin got injured during the preparation period after two very solid test game performances. He's either still injured or regaining fitness and therefore excluded from the squad for the time being. I haven't checked on his status lately, but the reason for him being dropped was definitely an injury.

bayern15 repped this.
  21. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Star of the German team? Not Muller, Not Schweini

Ozil really? i think some people take this fanboy thing to extremes

22. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Reus with an ineffectual performance this weekend.

Podolski with 1 goal and 1 assist, great start to his career - lets hope he bags plenty more.

23. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Ozil dazzled the outside world becuase of his technique and movement, which is impeccable, he's so elegant and he was definitely not our best player but by far our most attractive and ingenious.

24. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It was the ideal Podolski performance. Played dreadfully but got on score sheet.

He still isn't gelling with the team, which is expected but as many predicted he has settled into the Premiership quite well. Naturally, considering his fitness has always been superb.

What may not end up suiting him is Wenger's plan for the team. It still looks disjointed and Cazorla has already risen to be their most important players so we may see him build around the Spaniard. Will be curious to see how Podolski handles it.

25. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He had great combinations and good work rate. His body language is calm and all of that in relatively short time in a new country and a new team. This is reasonably an achievement. Full stop. I can accept that you don't want to see him as a starter in the German NT but come on, give him a fighting chance in the big picture and give credit where credit's due.

CanStriker and odd1234 repped this.