The NT Players Performance and Ratings Thread 2011/2012

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Kirsten19, Aug 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Can't Oezil and Reus exchange positions?

2. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Absolutely. Both have played out wide and centrally. This season Oezil has accommodated Kaka by playing largely on the right and interchanging. Similarly Reus has been interchanging with Arrango and Herrmann, moreso with the latter.

The issue for me is what our plan B will look like. We cant' waste all trhee subs on attacking players, at least that won't be an option at all times but we have so much talent outside the starting eleven and we can't bring Schuerrle, Reus, and Goetze on all games.

It would be interesting what happens in a post-Klose, Podolski eleven where there's more flexibility possible but that will take a while given Loew's leanings.

3. shap_half

shap_half Member+

Oct 17, 2010
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And it should considering their form.

4. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    That was my intuition as well. I am absolutely curious to see who Leow will field in the starting 11. Particularly about Kroos (an underestimated player in my opinion), Kroos and Gotze. While Schuerrle has plenty of talent, I think those 3 are doing very well.

Good to know the NT is becoming like Spain, were even Cesc, Pedro and Torres struggles to make it into the starting 11.

5. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I doubt any coach would want to play Torres at this point in time

6. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    He's been doing better, not scoring. But he is still Torres.

7. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He is still Torres means what? He has 5 goals in a whole calendar year. some defenders have better.

Since Drogba left for AFCON and he has uninterrupted playing time for the past 1 month he hasnt scored one single goal and the team play deteriorated significantly

So what does he or would he add to any team at the moment

8. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spai...ant-to-stay-with-real-madrid-until-the-end-of

Ozil says he wants to play at Real until the end of his career. He is 23 now. I say if he is still there at 30, it will be an incredible achievement.Every 2-3 years, there are a few great up and coming attacking players and Madrid will want to buy new and new stars to sell more shirts.

What I've been thinking is that Ozil has a real chance of winning the Champions League,Euro and World cup in the next 6 years. He could really reach Zidane level of legendary status. It can all happen until 2014. If Real Madrid somehow beat Barca(no team wins it two in a row) in the Champions League this season which of course means win the Champions League and Germany win the Euro, Oezil could win the Ballon d'Or. He could be the first German since Matthias Sammer 16 yeas ago to win that award. I am in dreamland but there is a real chance of that happening. How great that would be, eh ?

9. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Barca can win it again for sure, this is a huge step for them given how much they've already won. But their performances against Madrid suggest they can. However, Ozil is definitely at the right place. He is ahead of Kaka at the moment, and Di Maria being out with an injury - he is in a key position to keep building from last year and is well on his way to breaking his own record.

About the Ballon d'Or - there are no promises, with Ronaldo in the squad, it'll be very difficult. Not to mention, Messi, unless his form continues to move downward, will most likely maintain his phenomenal ability.

10. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Unless Bayern wins it all So Schweinsteiger can win the Ballon D or

11. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well that won't happen even if Bayern win the treble.

12. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Oezil is more hyped up than Schweinsteiger so I think he would have a bigger chance of winning the Ballon d'Or.

13. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Schweinsteiger is seen as the face and soul of German football.

If Bayern and Germany wins it all then I am certain Schweini wins it

14. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He is? Where? In Houston? ;)

15. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Leitner should be called up by Loew just for that pass alone.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fwwdvm2EBtM"]Nürnberg vs Dortmund 0-2 Goal Sebastian Kehl - 3.2.2012 - Eurosport 2 HQ - YouTube[/ame]

16. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Dortmund are going to be spoiled for choice in CM in the coming years.

17. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Just saw Leitner's pass, and the whole game. Genuinely brilliant that kid. Would he fit with Schweini in the middle? Looks like a real fighter.

18. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The maturity is outstanding to be honest. He played like this in his first match too, as well as in the Champions League.

He is the only one for me who comes close to becoming what Schweinsteiger is now, a genuine retainer. Kroos can play there and has been but it's not his natural role. He was molded to play there because modern tactics don't allow him to play his natural role.

Leitner on the other hand is a pure retainer, in the Xavi mold. He loves to stay deep and create. He can play the ball on a string, play it within a split second or hold onto it. What's impressive is his reading of the game. It's mature beyond his years and he's in excellent hands now.

19. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    If he was that good he would have featured more, to say the very least. He hasn't had many starts, though perhaps because the coach recognizes just how young this squad is. Hummels, Schmelzer, Gotze, Bender, Grosskreutz etc...very young squad.

That being said, Schmelzer looks fine as well. He has exceptional work ethic and has looked consistent for some time. Any chance he feature at fullback?

20. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    ..well at the end of the day he's still a youngster being blooded. No matter how good it is, a manager is supposed to shield him from the pressures early on and blood him just the right way. He is that good, which is why he's played the role he has at all.

21. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Kroos is a CM, what are you on about? He also looses the ball less than any Bayern player by far, the only that looses it less is Schweini and I'm not even sure about that either.

The era of the old #10 is dead, his position considering the modern game is CM, and he is the best retainer for Germany after Basti. There is a reason when he plays Bayern have 65% of higher most of the matches (but also pointless backward-passing but alas).

22. Leinad

Leinad Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    Düsseldorf
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Leitner was a starter towards the end of the 1st half of the season and only an injury stopped him and another one in the winter preparation prevented him from winning his starting spot back.
    Despite that is Leitner clearly Dortmund's most offensive CM and thus Klopp tends to play the more defensive ones.

23. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Is Goetze going to be the type of attacking midfielder( like cristiano and messi ) who scores 40 something goals a season?

24. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Probably not, he looks like a playmaker.

25. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't think we're going to be seeing many players from any country do that in the coming years.