The NT Players Performance and Ratings Thread 2011/2012

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Kirsten19, Aug 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Agree boyo, I think we would be epic with that. Basically only Spain could compete with Germany posession wise, though I'm still hoping Italy or some bogey team knocks them out before Germany has to play them! :p I want that formation as well, but Ozil in particular would need to pressure a bit more.

2. shap_half

shap_half Member+

Oct 17, 2010
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Then you shouldn't have bothered.

3. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  4. bayern15

bayern15 Member

Jan 18, 2006
    Gomez didnt just simply missed chances........ he just didnt take quality shots on the chances he had. It is his decision making that lets him down and shows that he is just an average striker. He tries to dribble when he should shoot, or just the other way around. He consistently misses chances with the open net or is late on shooting because is doesnt read the game quiet as well.

On the other side, it's true that Mueller missed many chances yesterday. But the shots that he took on those chances were quality shots [one hit the lower post, another he aimed for the upper corner of the net and it was very close]. And most of the shots that he missed, were shots that he created himself by either reading the game or by his quality movement......You know that in any other day, half of the shots that Mueller took could very well end up in the net.

You just cant say the same about Gomez....... He is consistently average. Same with the national team.

5. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    But where is all the fun if I don't? I do realize you are a bit butt hurt since I'm not allowing you and others to continue this embarrassing witch hunt.

Err really all of Muller's shots were quality shots? Because if I remember correctly after his shot hit the post, he got an easy goal chance and he couldn't even control the ball. Then he got a great pass from Gomez which he skied on the right side of the pitch instead of hitting it on target.

You say that any other day half the shots that Muller took would be on the net, and obviously that's not true for Gomez right? :rolleyes: It's not like he's one of the biggest goalscorers in the world on average for the past 4-5 years.

Your bold part as well just screams of hypocrisy again. Because when Gomez gets those many chances by reading the game or positioning himself, obviously that's NOT creating chances by himself.. but when Muller does it's the complete opposite? The double standards and hypocrisy just keep flowing in here non stop.

And obviously Gomez is average to the Bayern fan, it's not like he is the first person for Bayern to hit as many goals in the league since Rummenigge, nearly 30 years ago. Obviously.

6. bayern15

bayern15 Member

Jan 18, 2006
    I dont know man...... I have nothing against Gomez, i wish he was great for both Bayern and NT. He still has been a very good buy for Bayern and carried the team to a large degree last year with his goals domestically and in the CL.

He just makes me scream sometimes with his first touch and awkward ball control and movement.

7. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well he makes everyone scream with his touch and ball control at times, my point is you can't give props on Muller and then crap all over Gomez when he does the same thing.

8. shap_half

shap_half Member+

Oct 17, 2010
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What is "butt hurt?" Come to terms with another realization, because whatever it means, I'm not it.

I (and I assume everyone else here) don't need you to sanction any witch hunt, embarrassing or otherwise.

9. Dr Faust

Dr Faust Member+

Jul 12, 2010
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I was just about to go on a Christian Lell witch hunt. Hopefully I'm allowed to.

10. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He did quite well in the last two weeks actually. :D

11. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Did you see his unbelievable miss in the cup match? :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkO8Vxk0HsE"]Christian Lell - Incredible Miss - YouTube[/ame]

12. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yup. He should never attempt to be cheeky, not his thing. :D Did really well on Hertha's goal yesterday though.

13. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Of course you are. At the end all the sarcasm and jokes don't change that double standards and blatant hypocrisy about Gomez is being thrown around at will here. Perhaps if more people joke about it, they think this can't be seen.

Then perhaps you should stop the half-assed summaries of Gomez to fit your own agenda as to make it clear why he doesn't deserve the starting XI position. While he does have his flaws, incorrectly adding or making up new points isn't exactly giving him a fair evaluation.

14. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Manuel Neuer acted yesterday in some situations quite shaky. Ok, it did not matter because Zurich could not use it. But I hope he adopts quickly at his new team and shows his normal standard.

15. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He has looked shaky on a number of occasions so far this season. Particularly on set pieces. Hopefully Jupp will focus on that in practice over the coming weeks. Neuer is slowly growing in confidence, and learning to play with his new teammates.

16. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    When did he look shaky?

17. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Anyone watching Schalke?
    Höwedes is having a simply horrible game so far.

Just a reminder for those asking why I'm not all that sold on him yet.

18. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    At some occasions when Zurich played the ball into the penalty area. He did not show the safety when clearing the ball compared to his normal high standard.

19. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    My issue with him is that he's never had a stable environment to develop like so many of the other talents. Bayern players constantly get the very best of players around them and constantly play in the biggest competitions. Dortmund players have a special self-isolated environment built around them that encourages individual development, etc. Hoewedes' club has been a bit of a joke in terms of transitioning. Magath was the best thing that happened to him in recent memory - it was where he played his best football and that was also ruined. Ragnick is the worst possible choice for defenders.

20. shap_half

shap_half Member+

Oct 17, 2010
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He's had a couple of solid moments, but this team's defense is just a disaster. He essentially carries that entire back line on his own. At least in previous years, he had Neuer. Höwedes is a great leader, but with no back-up or even stability, he's taking on way too much responsibility to ensure the team does well at the back.

21. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    There always seem to be so much explanantions and excuses for Höwedes's bad performances but never for Badstuber's or Tasci's.

22. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Its quite interesting how that works isn't it.

23. shap_half

shap_half Member+

Oct 17, 2010
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Oh, I'm sure those who prefer Bads do the same thing...

How many times have I had to listen to people go on and one about how LVG was so mean to poor, little defenseless Holger, and attribute his poor play last season to that. That's an even bigger "excuse" -- if you can call that.

Whatever. It is what it is. No one is saying Höwedes isn't playing poorly, but have you seen the rest of that defense? Stick Badstuber there with an armband and see what happens.

24. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And this always seems to be the insipid complaint to counter-point.

25. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Of course that's how it can come across if you don't watch both players consistently and over the years. Come on now.