THE NEWEST AND GREATEST TRANSFER THREAD - 2013 edition

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by Calcio Pauly, Jan 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Touché lol

2. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Milan will most likely pay €5-6m + Zaccardo for Biabiany. Saponara will go on loan at Parma, but will still be co-owned.

wtf, Biabiany is another garbage player added to the ranks. same with taraabt.

shame about saponara, thought he'd get a few more chances. he looked decent against inter for the most part. seems seedorf doesn't care for him or cristante. sayonara....

3. vasilli07

vasilli07 Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Singapore
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    All attacking players, are we going to improve our defence? Bonera 1st choice defender?

4. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I read that Seedorf asked for Taraabt(he has skills, could be good,free) and also he blocked Sapanora leaving. I dont onow anything about Biabiany. Im good with Taraabt because he's an option off the bench for CL since Honda cant play. Also, heard Robinho might be on way out so its a 6month test for Taraabt.

5. BH Fanatico

BH Fanatico Member+

AC Milan
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Aug 7, 2011
    Seattle
    Club:
    FK Sarajevo
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Isn't he the guy who completely dissed us back in 2012?

He has a knack for playing for crappy low table teams... like QPR, Fulham

Rossonero23 repped this.
  6. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    talking from experience
    biabiany knows one thing, how to run fast
    usually that doesn't make up for his lack of creativity, skill and shooting ability

at parma he has benefited from cassano creating chances and dragging defenders away from other players so if you guys have that sort of player then he won't be a total waste.

gcstorm9 repped this.
  7. KnoxMilanista

KnoxMilanista Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Knoxville, Tennessee, USA
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like the Biabiany deal is off. Good, IMO.

8. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Seedorf: "Cristante has a lot of personality. He's young so we have to manage him in the right way in order to avoid wasting his talent."

Translation. Cristante won't play at all, and will be sent on loan to various teams for the next 5 seasons.

Il Ciuccio repped this.
  9. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Seedorf in his mind-oh my god i have no idea what i am doing right now.

10. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Jesus, look at the quality of these transfers targets (Taarbt, Armero, Biabany). You guys are competing with West Ham of all clubs for a player's signature. What's going on in Milan?

LGRod and Rossonero23 repped this.
  11. KnoxMilanista

KnoxMilanista Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It looks to me like they're trying to get a few loan guys to provide temporary depth they can cut loose at the end of the season. Perhaps that's my optimism speaking.

12. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    [​IMG]

We're a joke atm.

LGRod repped this.
  13. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    fighting to stay up.

LGRod repped this.
  14. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ay if Cagliari getting oil money you guys will to.....future top 5 in Italy.....Roma, Napoli, juve, Cagliari, and Hellas Verona

15. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Excuse my ignorance, but where did the Thiago Silva, Pato, etc. money go? Or is that answer kinda obvious?

LGRod repped this.
  16. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    [​IMG]

LGRod and Mengão86 repped this.
  17. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I figured it was obvious....:rolleyes:

18. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    seems like serie a will turn into the dutch league.

LGRod repped this.
  19. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    it's not that simple. berlusconi is not writing checks to the club any more to cover losses or buy players. they're trying to run the club self-sufficiently to comply with the financial fair play rules. so the sales of silva, pato, ibra, and kaka before them have gone to cover losses due to our obscene wage bill. now they're getting the wages back down to a reasonable level so we're not racking up huge losses every season. that's good news, but at the same time, we still don't have the cash sitting around to spend on players without selling players first. that's why you see the "bargain" players coming in on bosmans or free loan deals. an issue that further complicates matters is that the players we would like to offload are being paid too much at milan so the clubs who do want them can't afford to take them. the players don't want to go to clubs who are less prestigious, and they really don't want to take a pay cut to go to a less prestigious club.

gcstorm9 and BobanFan repped this.
  20. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I know we didnt spend the monies other teams did, BUT I think we did some quality guys who could help the team. The good part is if not, we didn't lose any $$$ for next season. Honda/Rami will obviously be the top 2 important for team, while Essien and Taraabt are mysteries. Essien is healthy/in form is a top notch midfielder who will do a lot of dirty work in a 2 man midfield, but that's IF hes healthy. Taraabt is an interesting signing. Interesting to say the least. I can't put my mind together to know if he will be good or bad. I'd like to be optimistic and hope he does well, BUT if he scores more than 1 goal, he's out did Matri.

21. KnoxMilanista

KnoxMilanista Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I kind of forgot that Rami and Honda were part of this window, those deals have been done so long. I think the incoming is pretty good based on those 2. Wish they could have off loaded more. Hopefully summer.

22. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Pato didnt generate that much revenue, and was mostly uses to purchase Balotelli. Most people still don't think that FFP is going to really impact things but if they (UEFA) stick to the rules, and thats all speculative at the moment, and enforce them strictly then it should have a significant impact on rich owners just infusing money into teams to keep them elite.

Milan's sales went to keeping the club outside of debt. Last year the reported earnings were about €10mill. So they're afloat and not within FFP cross hairs.

Now its a big decision with respect to direction, as far as I can tell. Young coach = youth movement? Time will tell. Will a coach who only last month was still playing competitively actually have an impact on connecting and helping to develop the younger prospects? I'd like to see, first off, if he can help SES regain form once his fitness returns. What will he do with the likes of Saponara, Cristante and even Poli? De Scilio has already set himself firmly within the starting 11, so if Seedorf is the man to help the others earn first team action in the next season or two, youth movement it is.

Otherwise, it appears that stop-gap signings are the way the team continues until something of a proper mix is found, if ever.

In the very least if FFP is enforced, Milan will already be within regulation zone. Will UEFA have the balls to penalize the likes of Man City, PSG or even *gasp* Madrid? I have my doubts. It can only be good for football at large, if they do.

gcstorm9 repped this.
  23. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Michael Agazzi has agreed personal terms with Milan. He will join the club in the summer.

Agazzi (29-year old goalkeeper) is expected to sign the contract with Milan in the next few days. It's a free transfer.[​IMG]

24. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Agazzi is a great keeper.

25. kickball21

kickball21 Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    i'm seeing rumors that puyol wants to join milan. i don't buy into them, and would have welcomed this move if it was like 5 years ago. but then again, a 36 year old puyol might still be better than out CBs