The New Summer Transfer Market

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Lucho-the-Legend, May 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I meant he was a legend over his whole career in general.

2. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    :eek: Is that so?!?

3. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You didn't know that? That transfer defined the Gaspart era for me. You don't get 100's of millions in debt with smart purchases.

4. Battlecat714

Battlecat714 New Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Anaheim, Ca
    Is Barca done in the market? Or are there still surprises?

5. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I think the revolving door of managers did it for me. Was the order:
    Van Gaal - Ferrer - Rexach - Van Gaal - Antic (who I liked the most)

6. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    most likely done. my money would say no more transfers.

7. ronaldinh010

ronaldinh010 New Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Detroit, MI
    I read rumors about Vieira and Trezeguet. I say no to both, especially Vieira. We simply don't need him and shouldn't spend unnecessary money. As for Trez, I thought we would perhaps offer to take him on loan (as a favor) to sweeten the deal for Zambrotta but that's all done now. I still wouldn't be too upset if we get him on loan as a back-up for Etoo but I'd probably rather not. I'd be disappointed if we actually spend money on him.

8. Battlecat714

Battlecat714 New Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Anaheim, Ca
    Yeah, then why did we buy Eidur??

9. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    these rumors are from the same group as the baptista, henry, and forlan ones.

10. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Trezeguet has been valuated at 22 million......That is 18 million more than he is worth, I can think of numerous ways to use the 4 million he is worth to strengthen the squad better.

Viera would not fit in La Liga. He would get too many cards and be suspended to often to make an impact.

11. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Actually I didn't know that. Interesting tidbit I have to say.

12. ronaldinh010

ronaldinh010 New Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Detroit, MI
    I don't know. I read that a french newspaper is reporting that we've offered Motta plus 10mil for Vieira. In fact, Inter was tipped to get him but Barca's offer have stalled things a bit. I think they also reported that Vieira is aware of this and would like to speak with FR. I think I also saw mentions on skysports. Quite frankly, that's way too much to spend on a position we don't have much need for. It'd be a lot cheaper just to keep Motta.

Anyway, for Trez: I believe our original intention was indeed to get Eidur and another striker. Last year we had Larsson and Maxi. We've replaced Larsson but not Maxi. I don't really want a move for him but I wouldn't be unreasonable to have him if we don't have to spend anything. I don't think it will happen, though.

The Vieira move, I think probably has substance and that's why I'm worried. I do not want this. For team spirit, if for nothing else. I just don't like teams who stock up on big names for the sake of it. I could talk more but it's late. Let's hope inter puts up a huge fight for him since they need him more than we. Inter is my favorite Italian team, so I'd be happy with that. Forza Inter.

13. Battlecat714

Battlecat714 New Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Anaheim, Ca
    Trezeguet 22 million? wow. :eek:

14. MUFC 4ever

MUFC 4ever New Member

Jun 16, 2006
    Scotland
    Van Gaal the man that told Riquelme he wasnt wanted at Barca and yet played anyone with born in Holland ;) the man is probably the man in football i dislike most followed by Gaspart. Im actually really surprised he didnt attempt to get a sponsor for the shirt.

Oh yeh and as you seem a knowledgeable poster, i wondered what your thoughts were on whether Rossel will ever stand for president. I personally would love to after Messi retires ofcourse see the club play only players from Catalonia similar to Bilbao with Basque players...my dream;) lol

P.S sorry if iv gone off-topic from the transfer rumours

sorry this was directed towards Lucho but i forgot to quote his post in min

15. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Rosell isn't going to run in this election, I think he is smarter not to do so. He will most likely wait for a more opportune time when the club isn't doing as well, probably two elections down the line. He has the capability and intellectually capacity to be president or the president right hand man. He was essentially Carl Rove to Laporta for his two season in office, being that he is a prominent figure in the football world and Laporta was a Lawyer. Needless to say Laporta has a done a great job but the pieces for the foundation were established by Rosell and Laporta quickly learned from his former friend.

As for Van Gaal and Riquelme....it was another example of Gaspart trying to be the hero and signing a big name that didnt necessarily fit. Requelme, as you see at Villlarreal, needs to have a team built around him and understand he may not show up everyday to play. Barca doesn't stand for this with a player, who at the time, was not world class. It was essential two moody bitches in a cat fight when Van Gall and Riquelme were together.

16. Kobranzilla

Kobranzilla Member

Sep 6, 2001
    NY F'in City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have you seen the cost of healthcare recently?

Motta will need at least two surgeries this season (my prediction).

17. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Thats still only a couple of hundred thousand dollars

18. Kobranzilla

Kobranzilla Member

Sep 6, 2001
    NY F'in City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Poor attempt on my part to say what everbody is thinking whenever anybody says...

"But We have Motta"

which is

"He is always injured"

19. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I agree....for four seasons now, since he has consistently been in the first team, all of us have waited to see the player that has shown flashes of quality. It doesn't appear to this will happen now, his ball movement last season looked very suspect and forced (almost mechanical), he lacked flow to his game. Defensively he is decent but every other defender Barca has is better than him, he needs to be loaned out to see if he still has it and if he can stay healthy. A youth team player needs to be brought in his place. Veira is not the answer either, he can be a cancer on the squad and will only cost us cards/man down games for his tough challenges. IMO he is not a solution either.

20. Battlecat714

Battlecat714 New Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Anaheim, Ca
    who else can we put instead of Motta? Edmilson?

21. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Marquez......
    or Iniesta depending on how offensive the opponent is.

22. Kobranzilla

Kobranzilla Member

Sep 6, 2001
    NY F'in City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we have existed successfully for many years now without the services of Mr. Motta...as pointed out by others, Edmilson, Iniesta, Rafa can fill in here, and have actually worked here for 2 years

23. Battlecat714

Battlecat714 New Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Anaheim, Ca
    How is Edmilson doing? I still think the guy has potential to play back there..

24. acmilan_barcelona

acmilan_barcelona Nou Camp-San Siro

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    Edmilson was great for us last season and he should continue there, towering player, good tackler and also has good vision. i`m really not worried about the midfield, i feel we have enough players there. we can also play with out a typical defensive midfielder and use the likes of Iniesta and even Xavi or Van Bommel depending on the opposition. or we can call upon valiente from the Barca B side.

Motta needs to keep injury free and fully fit.

25. Battlecat714

Battlecat714 New Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Anaheim, Ca
    Which hopefully can come true..:D