The New Summer Transfer Market

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Lucho-the-Legend, May 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Why nost just recall Saviola and use him, he's as good, if not better, than the players that have been mentioned as possible transfer targets so why not use him as he is still a Barca player?

2. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
  3. Kukilon

Kukilon Member

Nov 22, 2005
    Gudjohnsen would be an awesome replacement for Larsson. He sits on the bench a lot and plays great when he gets the chance. I'd rather have him as a benchplayer instead of Maxi and Forlan.

4. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    The saga continue.....daily rumors

Juventus going to jail clear out sale is neating....with ZAMBROTTA, IBRAHIMOVIC, and TREZEGUET now in the mix. Zambrotta would be a great acquisition and most fitting of the three. Barca are in need of a more versatile defensive player and he would easily come in and compliment/enhance what is currently in place.
    As I stated yesterday, Ibrahimovic is too good to be purchased for what Barca intends to do with him, and utilizing him would only mean compromising an existing successful system.

Now it is Motta for Forlan........ Forlans buyout clause is 23 million (Euro's) and in order to get his price down Motta is being thrown into the mix. This is a better idea than buying Forlan outright and Motta's contributions last season were minimal for Barca and maximum for Chelsea.
    FR still denies this.
    More speculation as to Forlans fee - 10 Million
    Forlan is saying "yes" to Barca

Eidur Gudjohnsen would like to sign for Barcelona

Wenger going fishing in our youth ranks.....AGAIN, pedophile. This time is is for youngsters Assulin Gai & Fran Merida . Laporta is not the least bit happy about this.

5. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Zambrotta would be magic. But I can't see Milan letting him get away to Spain.

Trezeguet I could deal with as a backup. But for cheap. He fits the bill as to what Laporta wants in a player. Forlan completely baffles me.

I think Gudjohnssen would be a very good move. But I bet Chelsea would ask something stupid for him.

6. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Two years ago, this would have been big news:
    Morientes to Valencia

This makes slightly bigger waves than the Kluivert transfer

7. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I still want to trade Saviola for Alves. :)

8. RemiNL

RemiNL New Member

Mar 8, 2006
    Please if there is justice in the world Barça will take Gudjohnsen over el "paquet" Diego Forlan

9. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  10. Matrim55

Matrim55 Member+

Aug 14, 2000
    Berkeley
    Club:
    Connecticut
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Zambrotta is a beautiful dream, one that I would hope comes true.

I like the possibility of Mista, as well. He never re-settled after his one great year, but I still think he can score goals and be effective if he has the right team around him. If he's cheap, he's worth a flier.

11. LaudrupFan

LaudrupFan New Member

Oct 22, 2005
    Forlan seems like too much money, I understand the thinking behind the transfer but Forlan's the wrong player. Laporta is looking for a player like Romario was in 93 who will come in and improve a great team but Forlan isn't it, Henry might of been.

12. RemiNL

RemiNL New Member

Mar 8, 2006
  13. RemiNL

RemiNL New Member

Mar 8, 2006
  14. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    These two seem to be the most logical acquisitions for the summer. Zambrotta will definately be a higher priority but Larsson does need to be replaced.
    Last summer they probably thought they had a decent third striker in Ezquerro and he managed to make himself look worse than Maxi. With the purchase of Moro at Valencia, Mista will see even less time than this past term and this could make him more viable than Forlan(god i hope he isnt purchased).

15. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Torres should only be considered an alternative for a SPL team!!!!

16. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Gudjohnssen or Mista, in that order. :)

17. RemiNL

RemiNL New Member

Mar 8, 2006
  18. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    what's wrong with torres? surely he's a better prospect than forlan or mista, isn't he? i don't like the idea of mista, if he isn't good enough to be a back up for villa, kluivert, and moro, then what makes you think he's good enough for barca? if valencia has no faith in him, what do we see that they don't??

19. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    Hm, for what I read so far it is betwean:

Gudjohnsen
    Crespo
    Mista
    Forlan

I think Mista would be fine addition. He might not have best season behind him but IMO this team lack spanish players. Also with Morientes signing for Valencia I guess Mista is on exit door. We might get him on reasonable price. Another good factor is that he is proven in spainsh La Liga and he is more or less local guy. I think Mista would be best and cheapest option from them all.

20. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why not Gudjohnson and Mista? Wasn't there a big payday for winning the CL?

Although I suppose getting a fullback is more of a priority.

21. Kobranzilla

Kobranzilla Member

Sep 6, 2001
    NY F'in City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unfortunately that big payday is going to pay for the follie tha twas the Gaspart years where we blew through money like a drunken sailor on shoreleave

22. fcbotiga

fcbotiga New Member

Jun 20, 2004
    Dublin
    True said... it's easy to forget finances in all the transfer market hype and euphoria but the account books need to be kept in check... Gaspart left the club with massive debts and credit has to be given to Laporta for reducing it gradually over his tenure... i see no sense in going crazy and over spend after the last few years of prudent financial management.

23. david_silva

david_silva New Member

Apr 21, 2006
    Canada
    Somebody should change the thread name to "The Barcelona Transfer Market" because it's all about what Barcelona should or shouldn't get. If I was a Barça fan, the perfect replacement for Larsson would be Gudjohanson without a doubt (about 6-8 million euros). If they want a backline replacement, they should look at trying to get Anton Ferdinand for a reasonable price (nothing more than 10 million euros) or maybe Jorge Andrade from Deportivo, which would be a pretty smart get because his value is sort of low right now, he's coming off an injury and won't be playing in the World Cup, something around 10 million euros would be a pretty good steal. I would ignore getting Carvalho because he's a homesick player right now who wants to go home and play regularly in Portugal, and he's not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed and can open his mouth at inopportune times and cause problems. Forlan is a streaky striker so I'm not sure putting him at Barça will help him because he needs minutes to get his goal-scoring rhythm, just look back at what happened to him at Man Utd. Vincent Kompany is probably not going anywhere because there's some sort of agreement between Inter Milan and Anderlecht where Inter will take him once he reaches a certain age or something like that.

24. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Well, it is in the Barcelona forum, y'know. ;) Adding "Barcelona" would just make it redundant.
    The word "New" is included because this is an off-season continuation of the original Summer Tranfer Market thread that we had going during the season. :)

25. david_silva

david_silva New Member

Apr 21, 2006
    Canada
    Now that you mention it, you're right. Sorry about that!