Alert: The new honey on Fox Soccer Report makes my ears bleed

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by ElJefe, Jan 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tampasoccer23

tampasoccer23 New Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    mmmmm... honestly? who cares? she's hot and its better than watching Nick and Eric!

http://digg.com/d31ID1z

mmm Temryss Lane.... and it looks like she's single... we can dream!

The guy 'Jetski' kind of annoys me though, I mean, who calls themselves 'Jetski'... he sounds British not Russian!

2. blackhornet

blackhornet Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    could be - seemed to only trip on Heerenveen and Belenenses today - and who doesn't trip up on those.

3. Non-dairy Creamer

Feb 28, 2007
    I'm the only one who's noticed she's calmed down a bit and is doing better? she does have a very thick canadian accent, maybe some people are reacting to that? sometimes there's a flat "a" where most of us would use the schwa "a" in america and then there's the "o" being oh , as in oh-fense instead of the more conventional ah-fense.

at least she's there to be a newscaster and a professional, ol' tammy lane on FFF can't even read normal words in an email, there only as a gimmick for sure. and tammy knows this and is o.k. with it.

4. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    She was a bit better tonight. Even the saying of JuvenTOOS didn't really phase my ears. The power of viewer comments to FSC I guess.

[​IMG]

5. blackhornet

blackhornet Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    until she said "HAVI" for Xavi. or "May-ORCA" for Mallorca. Even Jeremy St. Louis looks perterbed.

6. Bianco Celeste

Mar 15, 2006
    Glad I wasn't the only one who noticed that. Perhaps he knows like most of us that her 'sexy read' to the camera is a simple facade to hide the fact she has no idea what she is talking about. Sorry Lara - read sexy all you want but the elementary writing will give you away every time.

7. cachundo

cachundo Marketa Davidova. Unicorn. World Champion

GO STANFORD!
    Feb 8, 2002
    Genesis 16:12...He shall be a wild ass among men
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    One of the things the new honey can do is during pre-production, ask her broadcasting partner how to pronounce certain names/words. If I were the recipient of such a query, I will be appreciative of her humility and willingness to learn, not that I know how to pronounce everything. That way, the new honey shows humility and ingrains herself to her mates ===> her on-air success/failure is now inexplicably tied to their willingness to help her.

8. blackhornet

blackhornet Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It has seemed that she's changed a bit - more understated, more subtle - although she cranks it up to 11 every now and then. If her background in the game is accurate (and her adlibs make her seem light years ahead from where Terri Leigh was when she first joined) you would think she should know most of these names already and/or she's a bit stubborn with her pronunciation. I mean - saying "(H)ellas" when doing the Greek highlights or saying River PLAH-tey during Argentina highlights - I can't tell if she's being stubborn or trying to show some international sports street cred. But then it goes away when she says HAVI or CAG-liari. Maybe she's just a slow/stubborn learner.

The other thing is I don't know why it bothers me so much more than the others. I think because of the bubbliness.

9. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seeing her along with Terri Leigh on the same set. *sighs* Help me, Holy Ghost

10. iwmtv

iwmtv New Member

Feb 11, 2010
    It's sad that producers feel eye candy is the way to go. Give me honest commentary (man or woman) over a pretty face any day. If I want to look at a pretty face, I can pick up a lads magazine or just two steps on google...

11. blackhornet

blackhornet Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sadly, knoeledge costs money.

12. huhe888

huhe888 Red Card

Oct 3, 2007
    Many of the highlight clips supplied by Reuters and SNTV (AP/IMG) come with pre-written scripts.

CNN International's World Sport had to use some of those pre-written scripts because the anchors and producers have limited knowledge of some of those sports.

I suspect that Global Sportslink (2000-2001) and FOX Sports World Report (2001-2007) used those pre-written scripts.

I would not be surprised if FOX Soccer Report is using some of the pre-written scripts as well.

13. blackhornet

blackhornet Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol are you serious? then what the hell do these guys do all day?

14. ovalball

ovalball New Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Beaufort, NC,
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Work on pronunciations??????

15. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Aside from Bob all the FSC guys are clowns. Given the realistic options, I'll take Lara anyday.

To each their own I suppose.

16. Onyewu Power Station

Jul 5, 2009
    Club:
    Everton FC
    lol.

17. Non-dairy Creamer

Feb 28, 2007
    No, they write their own stuff actually. They have mentioned it in interviews themselves.

18. huhe888

huhe888 Red Card

Oct 3, 2007
    They write their own "wraps" and they edit many of the highlights themselves now that FSR is 100% soccer.

The video highlights services (Reuters and SNTV) do provide pre-written scripts to go with the video clips.

19. Non-dairy Creamer

Feb 28, 2007
    have you ever heard Nabil Karim do video clips? there is no way those catchphrases are coming from Reuters.

20. blackhornet

blackhornet Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah - I heard one about Gerard Butler or something the other day. That's "Boom Goes The Dynamite" quality.

21. Bianco Celeste

Mar 15, 2006
    In the early days, the FSR guys (& gals) used the SNTV/Reuters stuff but now they are expected to have the base of knowledge and likely just use the pre-written scripts as a guide. I've seen those scripts having worked with companies that use those feeds and they are general to say the least. The 'color' comes from the anchor writing - Nabil, Derek, Jeremy, etc. though Lara may use some of that material since she is starting at square one.

From what I've heard - she is somewhat humble and DOES ask for help (which she obviously receives) but then will paint herself into a corner so to speak. It was obvious she went off script the other night w/JSL as he looked somewhat miffed at having to read the copy she decided to ignore. I'm sure he had a word w/her after the show about that one being the senior anchor and all.

I agree with a previous poster though - she will only go as far as her co-workers take her. FSR is a small operation and if either of the ladies there go 'diva', we could be looking at new faces in short order.

And I'm not sure that they are hiring 'eye-candy' as much as they are trying to diversify the talent. I'll say what I've said before - the openings are always open to everyone so if you think you can do better - apply. Criticizing them not having any knowledge of what they do on a daily basis to get the show out is just pure ignorance.

22. suckafree8990

suckafree8990 Member

Aug 6, 2006
    houston
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    ....hig-ooo-win?!?!? seriously!?? :mad:

23. OttawaBear

OttawaBear New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Come on, please. Enough is enough already.

Pretty straight forward premise to a 'Soccer Report' show. Introduce the teams playing. Talk through whatever incidents or goals are being shown. Move on to the next set of highlights.

WTF was the setup for the Tottenham game tonight??? Utterly cringeworthy.

'New honey' trying hard but not working for me, sorry. It's about the football, luv, not you.

:(

24. joga_bonito

joga_bonito New Member

Jun 7, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I havent watched FSR in a while but I tuned in twice this week and noticed it was Nabil and Lara..is Terri Leigh gone along with the other guys?

25. hula

hula Moderator
    Staff Member

May 16, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Agreed! She is THE WORST! I honestly can barely watch FSR any more. She's so annoying I can hardly stand it! Ugh can't we write and get her replaced? Blech.