The NBA 2012-13 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by Cool Hand Luke, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    That is quite possibly the dumbest thing I have ever heard. The Cavs offense was absolutely terrible and everyone said it was because Brown didn't know what he was doing.

2. Vasu

Vasu Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Probably not. :D

I started following the NBA relatively recently. The start of the Mavs championship season to be exact. I followed mostly the Mavs because I used to play with them on my old NBA Live games :x3: and was really puffed when they actually won. Add to that the fact that my time zone doesn't allow me to watch a lot of games, I'm still pretty much a rookie when it comes to knowing the players in the league.

3. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Oh, well, yes that would explain your surprise in Collison's game. He pretty much disappeared after the end of that season.

4. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    whats even funnier is this

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/222713/Lakers_Intend_To_Switch_To_Princeton_Offense_Next_Season

Just hire kobe as player/coach lmao.

5. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Kobe probably knows more about basketball than Brown ever will.

6. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Give this guy more time and you'll read even dumber stuff.

He's special. :D

7. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Double standard at best, lmao.Loving how kobe fans cannt come up with arguments rather then personal attacks.
    People have good memory, excuse us. We Remember it was "lebron who quit on cleveland and costed them the title".This is what chukbe bryant fans used to tell us. Now they are saying brown is bad coach.
    I am getting now, brown was the reason cleveland lost..not lebron quitting.

I am loving every minute of this. Lebron took mike brown to the finals with a squad of pavlovic, gooden, larry hughes, ilgauskas...
    Kobe is destroying mike brown with a squad of howard, pau gasol and steve nash :ROFLMAO:

8. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  9. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    So LeBron quitting means we all thought Brown was a excellent coach? How do you come up with this stuff? Do you hire help?

10. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    lets not run away from things,and change history....

when cleveland were losing... there were never mentions, not a single one ... mike brown was turrible! The kobe stans were always pointing at lebron, calling him quitter. When lebron fans would argue he had no help, and terrible coach in mike brown.The reply was always lebron quit, its not his teammates or coach.
    Now mike brown lakers is doing bad, no one points at kobe being selfish, or nash who in his life never did well under systems different then "run & gun"... its all mike brown!

Laughable to say the least. Anyway, enjoying every minute of this...

11. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    No one talked about Smush Parker being shit when Lakers were losing against Suns either. It was all because Kobe was selfish. That doesn't mean Smush was a great player.

12. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Latest unsubstantiated rumor is that if Mike Brown gets fired, Jerry Sloan steps in.
    The Dubs will try to further that rumor along tonight.

13. Playboy Red Devil

May 3, 2010
    West Hollywood
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Please do us the favor ;) and help us get rid of Brown.

14. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. Playboy Red Devil

May 3, 2010
    West Hollywood
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  16. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    ......that was fast.

nate mcmillan, mike d'antoni, jerry sloan????

17. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Five games? What the...

Clearly something has happened that we have not been told about.

18. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    lol, the heat started their big 3 era... 9 - 8 ... they didnt fire spoelstra and ended up champions.
    That was very very quick, feel for mike brown...

Rossonero23 repped this.
  19. Playboy Red Devil

May 3, 2010
    West Hollywood
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    D Antoni would make me cum. Gheezuz. Are you kidding me... Nash, Kobe, Howard. However, I would chose Sloan. D Antoni's system has its flaws of winning it all.

I know dude. It was Kupceck (however you spell his name) that just hired him and the recently the Buss family was supportive of Brown.

I am not even the biggest Spo fan and do not really rate him highly, but he was a better coach than Brown.

20. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Whatever coach is available we can get. That's the good thing about this. Who the hell wouldn't wanna coach this team. Four HOF'ers and a guy named World Peace. You can't not wanna coach that.

21. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Brown went to nba final, conference final and led league in records with cleveland lebron.If he had just one of wade or bosh besides lebron in that team, he would have the nba title as well much like spo .

22. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    https://twitter.com/Monroe_SA/status/266981691489411075

23. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    The hell he would. No way Cavs beat that Spurs team.

Rossonero23 repped this.
  24. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Wow.... Stunning stuff.

The only reasoning i can think of is that if a team is gonna fire a coach they best do it early in the season so there is minimum damage done. But i'm stunned because Jimmy Buss said yesterday that they'll support him for now. I felt like the axe might be coming but didn't think they would do it this soon. I thought they would give him this up coming homestand. Apparently it was a unanimous decision which means Jimmy, Mitch and probably Jerry all agreed.

I predicted Brown will be fired after one season when he was hired. He's just not very good and lacks personality which is a HUGE thing in L.A and it was even tougher for him following Phil because the whole city and the players respected Phil.

Here's a rumor for you, In a last minute change actor Alan Alda will take Phil Jackson's place to give the key note address at some leadership conference on Sunday. :D

I got mad love for Byron Scott but would want Brian Shaw to coach the team. He should have been the man to replace Phil anyway.

25. Playboy Red Devil

May 3, 2010
    West Hollywood
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Well whomever takes over, let Nash run the offense.