The NBA 2012-13 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by Cool Hand Luke, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Shaq wasn't any better from the line. Still didn't work.

2. Playboy Red Devil

May 3, 2010
    West Hollywood
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    So what if we lost preseason and regular season games (I know you posted prior to the Piston game)? I much rather we figure shit out right now and lose and get the 8th seed, and then click in the latter part of the season and postseason. I am not denying our bench is shit. I have admitted that and it is concerning throughout the whole season. That is why I want us to gel and figure out how to adapt to the bench and our starters.

Nash is injured; so naturally Steve Blake will fill in.

Not a chance.

Dude, as Shay said, the only ones pushing the panic button are the spoiled fickle fans or casual Lakers fans, and none Lakers fans.

His technique is improving.

3. Playboy Red Devil

May 3, 2010
    West Hollywood
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Haha Shaq has 4 rings. Enuff said.

4. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Would have had 8 if he wasn't such a dick.

5. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    He won 4 with 50% effort. It's interesting that too much talent/natural gifts can be to the detriment of an athlete. If everything always came easy, why would you work hard to maximize your skills?

6. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Swap Kobe's brain with Shaq's and he'd average 40-20 with 8 MVPs and 10 rings.

7. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Come playoffs steve nash is 39, kobe 34, metta world peace 33, gasol 32, blake 33, antawn jamison 36 ...

good luck,you gonna need it. I personally hope you make the final so that lebron schools kobe ...but I doubt you even make conference finals.

8. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Howard made the finals playing with Jameer Nelson and Turkoglu. Rafer Alston even filled in for Nelson for much of that play-off run! If he gets back to 100%, there is plenty of talent around him for the Lakers to make the finals, even if they are all getting up there in age.

If I were a Lakers fan, I'd be much more concerned about having Mike Brown as my headcoach than any of the players.

Shay Z and Cool Hand Luke repped this.
  9. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I don't think they'll implode. Durant and Russ have worked too hard to just let this whole thing fall apart because one guy got traded and now they're angry about it. Nobody is that stupid.

Sure, they're buddies with Harden but they understand its a business. This could go another way too, Russ and Durant might elevate their games seeing how they don't have the 6th man off the bench anymore. They are both so damn young. You think we've seen Russ' ceiling? How much can Durant improve in the next 2 years?

I think they'll take the no.1 seed in the west. Spurs know how to manage a season and won't go full speed, Lakers might not have figured themselves out quick enough to get the best record so even if OKC are a little worse its not like other teams are stepping on their coat tails anyway.

10. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Come on now. They're a bunch of grandpas. They're gonna be a combined 2754 yrs come playoff time. I just hope that we don't make the finals by any fluke because i don't want The Great LeBron embarrassing us.

This Lakers fan definitely is.

Rossonero23 repped this.
  11. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I just don't think OKC is that good without Harden. Westbrook and Durant knows it. They're going to get frustrated. Imagine if Lakers traded Gasol to save money or Miami traded Bosh.

12. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I'm not too worried about that. With Nash and Kobe out there Lakers don't need a offensive coach. Brown will understand that eventually. Just keep em happy and playing hard and they'll be alright.

13. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That year, the celtics would have made the finals and won the title had garnett not got injured. Garnett injury opened room for orlando. And dont underestimate the players around howard at that time, you forgot to mention rashard lewis too who was an excellent playa years ago. And I can go further and say rashard lewis was the one who killed cleveland in that series more then dwight howard did.I watched that series well.

In game 1, orlando won by 1 point...rashard lewis hit the game winning shot.In game 6, Cleveland were up by one point with 5 seconds left...rashard lewis hit a 3 point...then james tied the game to send it to OT. Orlando won it in OT by 2 points to eliminate cleveland.
    It was lewis who killed cleveland, more then it was dwight.

14. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Duck Manson repped this.
  15. Cool Hand Luke

Cool Hand Luke Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Austin Texas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you guys aren't watching Kyrie on League Pass right now, you're making a mistake

16. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    dudley on the heat, no one will stop us this year.

17. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
  18. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
  19. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's funny.

Shouldn't there be some kind of minimum minutes per game in the rankings? I know the point of efficiency rankings runs counter to that, but still... 6.7mpg and that's only when it's time for the Human Victory Blunt to make an appearance?

20. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Another blowout victory for the heat while coasting around..

And good thing with this blowouts, minutes are being managed..come playoffs we will be rested alot more then others.

21. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    [​IMG]

hihihihih, man I am loving having laughs on the lakers season.Altho I expect them to click things at one point.

22. Vasu

Vasu Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm going to say it softly, but the Mavs have looked pretty good so far. 4-1 without Dirk. Mayo is fitting in a lot faster than I thought he would, and Collison has really surprised me. Add to that the whole team gelling together pretty well, and there's a competitive squad that could surprise a team or two in the playoffs. I'm pretty sure they'll make the playoffs without as much trouble as last year.

23. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I am liking them too, but need to give more time cause their wins were against charlotte, lowry-less toronto, and fakers ( ahahaha).

Vasu repped this.
  24. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What I find laughable, when mike brown was in cleveland... per kobe fans brown was excellent coach, whom lebron costed a championship by quiting.
    Now that the mighty brown is with the lakers, he is poor coach with kobe according to the fans of kobe.

Fact- Lebron made mike brown look like some good coach. Goes to show how amazing of a player he is

25. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    You don't remember Collison from way back when he was backing up CP3 and CP3 got injured and Darren tore the league a new ass? He averaged like 20-9 shooting 50-45-90 for a good two months.