The NBA 2012-13 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by Cool Hand Luke, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey I like LeBron stats. Here's another from Haberstroh: since being in the league he's been 2 assists or rebounds away from another 75 triple doubles.

The part about Eddie Jordan is interesting. He was brought in specifically for the Princeton Offense which is presumably going to get ditched with D' Antoni in charge. And yet Jordan is still a Lakers assistant coach. So what's he doing there.

If the Lakers don't get rid of him then the criticism is probably true. The Lakers front office are a complete shambles.

2. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I wonder how many times that happened to Magic or Big O. Maybe 300 times? 400?

3. Playboy Red Devil

May 3, 2010
    West Hollywood
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    He must be a long vacation because he would not put up with your trolling in the recent week.

Oh hell yea it is going to be fun and we are gonna have to outscore the opponent to win. Yippee.

LOL :ROFLMAO:
    I have thought about how this system will work with the age of our players, our bench players MUST be utilized, and they are currently shit.

Can the lakers really outscore and out hustle OKC and Miami? I dunno man.

4. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I wonder who's drinking the haterade . . .

[​IMG]

Auriaprottu repped this.
  5. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Am I missing something here? Isn't that the whole point of basketball?

6. Playboy Red Devil

May 3, 2010
    West Hollywood
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Aside from Nash and Pau being decent, there may be great individual defenders, but Antoni has no real system or puts any attention to the defense. What is concerning is if he rely on individual defensive brilliance. So where does does that leave the rest 12 others of the team (I am including the bench)?

Phil has as history of bringing rings.... so give Phil a blank check and your milf daughter!

Well at the time, that was all speculation, but it is now being reported that no negotiations were even discussed.

Uhh... D Howard and Nash seemed to suddenly change his views.

Aside from Nash who would not fit the Triangle, the personnel is a lot more suited for the triangle (imo) that Antoni. Even in Anotni's system, we lack a perimeter shooter and age and the bench are questionable. But, we still have Kobe, Pau, and Artest who are use to the triangle, and we only needed Howard to learn system.

7. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    [​IMG]

Shay Z and benni... repped this.
  8. Playboy Red Devil

May 3, 2010
    West Hollywood
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    LOL well yes... but it would also be nice to stop your opponents from scoring as well :p

Duck Manson repped this.
  9. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    We have Dwight for that.

10. Playboy Red Devil

May 3, 2010
    West Hollywood
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Jordan is still there because Bikerstaff is temp and might as well use Jordan to assist with something.

Jordan made his money and now it is time for him to gtfo.

11. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Lakers bench isn't as bad as everyone says. Obviously Jamison is the best on there but Jordan Hill and Jodie Meeks are decent. You only need to go about 8 deep in the playoffs anyway.

Too bad Nash isn't playing tonight against the Spurs. Who can forget that great Spurs/Suns series from about 5 years ago.

Shay Z repped this.
  12. Playboy Red Devil

May 3, 2010
    West Hollywood
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    In D Antoni system, with a old team, we are gonna have to rely on our bench more. You mentioned Hill and Meeks as decent o_O I like them but no where deep, even compared to our Staples Center LA counter part. Brown was already over using the starters because the bench was so weak.

13. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh you can't compare any team's bench right now with the Clippers. Their bench would be a 5 seed in the East.

And Brown overused the starters because he's dumb.

The real Lakers problems are their point guards are slow and bad on defense and the health of their center is questionable. Same as it ever was.

14. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    He also doesn't remember winning a ring without Kareem.

15. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Told ya. And he has an actual defense to work with now.

16. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Why would he remember winning a ring without one of his teammates?

17. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Because he never did. LeBron has never played along side an all-time great. I'm sure if LeBron played most of his career with a teammate the quality of Kareem, he'd get at least 5 rings too. Kobe played second-fiddle to Shaq for 3 championships. LeBron also never had that opportunity.

18. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Well we will never know that. What we do know is LeBron is 1-2 in the Finals.

19. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    And its not like he's playing with scrubs like Jordan had to.

20. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    This is a very good point. The way we look at bench depth in the off season is different from how we see it in June.

Lakers don't have a great bench but if Jordan Hill gets enough mins during the season then alongwith Jamison and Blake it could be enough. Anything Meeks can give is just a plus.

21. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    People here are underrating D’Antoni in a bigg way. He worked with the payers he had and created a system around them. With the Lakers he has completely different, and better players, to create something based on them.

Anyway another good win for The Knicks today. 5-0 so far. Felton is really killing it at PG and JR Smith has actually been consistent. Second game in a row where he hits 20+ off the bench But Kidd continues to suck. Melo was of course Melo and hit 25.

Lakers just barely win against the Spurs which was a good test and Brooklyn wins again.

22. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Ignore the Lakers Spurs comment I thought it had ended

23. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    nice game between spurs & lakers, hope it goes to some 4 over time

24. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just saw Kobe on ESPN, he couldn't have been more enthusiastic about D'Antoni. All he's got to do is win over Dwight Howard and get him on board. Before Mike Brown was fired, i had thought the Clippers would be an ideal destination for D'Antoni. Lucky for the Lakers they got him first.

25. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    metta world peace is like a cancer in the laker, dude missed open 3.

1 point game, 15 seconds left..spurs ball