The Nani Thread, Capoeira Inspired Aerobics [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Joelzinho, Mar 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saosebastiao

saosebastiao New Member

May 22, 2005
    Ummm...she is no more english than Nani.

2. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Well she was born in London I believe. She just going back to her roots...:D

3. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, it's mid-December and Nani has been disappointing thus far this season.

4. Bronaldo

Bronaldo Red Card

Apr 8, 2007
    Canada
    me thinks he was much better last season, but the same can be said for a lot of our players

5. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    What Ricardo said. Who can really claim much improvement, or even maintaining, last year's solid form. Ronaldo has scored goals, Rooney had a nice spell, but no one actually has stood out in our entire side. Hell, I think Darren Fletcher's run for the last couple months may have been one of the most impressive aspects of our season, along with the relative solidity we've grown accustomed to from Rio/Vida.

Nani was trying too hard when he got his few opportunities at the beginning of this season, just like Tevez. He was taking some bad shots, trying his typical double cut in from the left side and then popping off, etc. But I think in his last few matches, he's been the same Nani that we had last season. Occasionally prone to do something crazy, but still providing some nice passes and crosses. I think he'll get back into it for us.

It doesn't help his chances of PT when Park is actually playing quite well, and was our most dangerous player against Spurs.

6. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    No doubt that Nani was playing better last season, but as mentioned above, I think it has more to do with him trying to gain more playing time. I have no queries, I think he will come around eventually.

7. santos6

santos6 New Member

Feb 25, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I expect Nani will be offloaded in the summer with those 2 serb kids coming in.... He didn't even make the BENCH against Chelsea!

8. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Nah, Manchester United bought the 2 serbs as cover for Ronaldo I believe. They know as much as anyone else that there is a high probability that he is not going to be in Manchester after this summer.

Besides, I think Nani is better then Tosic, the other one I haven't seen play.

9. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    this is absolute rubbish, he just came in last year. He needs consistency and direction from fergie.

10. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    There's no way we offload Nani. When he develops better decision making and shooting he'll be an absolute nightmare for the opposition.

11. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Correct. I salivate. Besides, I don't want to leave the Manchester forums just yet.

12. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    We just can't live without you.

13. santos6

santos6 New Member

Feb 25, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Hey I love the kid, one of my favourite players around right now. I just think that he has too much ambition to sit on the bench or in the stands. We'll see though.

14. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    We play enough games to keep him match-fit. It is upto him to make the most of them and stake a place in the starting xi.

15. michael24710

michael24710 Member

Jul 10, 2006
    London
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Swap for Ashley young :p

16. doubletrouble

doubletrouble Member+

Manchester United
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    Dec 16, 2003
    St.Kitts
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    St. Kitts and Nevis
    Nai is something like Ronaldo when he first came, selfish, gave away the ball and tried too hard to impress.
    That was fixed with Ronaldo and look at how great he is today. Nani is taking much longer to develop into a proper player and still has his bad habits.
    When the Ronaldo rumors were very popular last season i was telling my friends if Ronaldo leaves we have Nani who's gameplay is very similar to CR7.
    Early in the season when Ronaldo was out Nani had some good games but lately he's been mediocre but i think we need to keep him

17. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I always found Nani to be more of a conventional wingers compared to Ronaldo. He hugs the line better, is a better crosser of the ball, with both feet.

He is just trying very hard to impress and solidify his place on the team, with that said he didn't have a bad outing against Wigan.

18. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Exactly. Nani's gameplay is very different from Ronaldo, it should be pretty obvious.

Well, hopefully he gets a run of games now that Rooney is injured for a bit. As usual, the "top red" already want him rid.

19. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    the only difference between their games is nani's crossing...

20. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Not at all...

21. santos6

santos6 New Member

Feb 25, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Joel we're we watching the same game? I found him quite bad there was a time in the first half where he couldn't keep possesion if his life depended on it.
    The kid obviously has talent but seems to have lost that swagger about him. Confidence issue more than anything else I think.

22. FabregasTED

FabregasTED Member

Jan 2, 2007
    New Haven, CT
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I did that in Pro-Evo... I still regret it :(

23. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Disagree. He didn't lose possession that often. He was playing his role fair enough, hugging the wing, not holding onto the ball for too long, he slung in some good balls. I found his play for the game to be kind of positive actually.

I though United slowed down somewhat, and actually had a more difficult time once Anderson was brought on and a 4-3-3 was implemented. This is not to discredit Anderson or any of the other mids, but I simply found that the midfield became increasingly crowded, especially since Ronaldo always moves towards the middle...

24. zakinator

zakinator New Member

Mar 14, 2008
    South Morang
    Good Player Brilliant Goal

25. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Have I missed something?