The Nani Thread, Capoeira Inspired Aerobics [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Joelzinho, Mar 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    YESSSSSS THANK YOU CHARLEY, that's exactly the part I was talking bout!

edit:: f**k i can't rep you

2. Republic of Mancunia

Aug 24, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Must spread too.. :(

Just glad I'm not on dial-up, probably the largest animated gif ever as well.

3. sab456

sab456 Member

May 20, 2007
    Looks like everyone repped him for uploading the Reserves youtube video..:D

4. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    Must spread Charley....

There's something just cinematic about that slow motion video, it belongs in a movie or something. Awesome.

5. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It really does. The fans bouncing in the background just cap it off, I remember seeing that on Sky and thinking it was just brilliant

6. Republic of Mancunia

Aug 24, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Speaking of cap, love the old-timer in the front row with the flat cap on and the bloke with glasses on looking skywards just after he lands the first hand-spring flip. :)

7. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Nani has been the most lethal off the bench. He deserves to start but then again Quaresma has out shown Ronaldo in a couple of games (including vs Italy) and Simao always puts in a consistently good performance. It is a great problem to have, if only we had this many strikers. Nani and Ronaldo will both miss the friendly coming up tomorrow (I'm sure they will still feature for United on the weekend ;)) and I'm not disappointed we all know what they can do so Wednesday we will see what Quaresma and Simao can do when no one else is around to steal the spotlight.

8. sab456

sab456 Member

May 20, 2007
    Lol... I think CR7 played through the middle or uptop in that game and he was portugal's main threat in the game. I would like to see Quaresma outshow Ronaldo in a game yet..:p

9. Charleysurf

Charleysurf Member

Jul 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Don't bother repping me. I didn't make it. Someone posted it on RedCafe.
    It's a bit too much though. If your PC is busy it struggles with the animation. It'd be cool to have one with a lower frame rate that people could use as avatars and stuff. I really love the image with the fans going mental in the background.

According to this Nani refuses to stop doing these "fatal" flips.
    Indeed if he scores a goal in a Cup Final to win something he says he will do 10 of them :)

http://www.ojogo.pt/24-33/artigo701917.asp

10. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    weather it be because the defense closes in on Ronaldo or whatever Quaresma has had better games then Ronaldo while both were on the field for Portugal. VS Italy, Brazil and Belgium come to mind.

In other news Nani states that he won't change the way he celebrates because he's done it for years and has never givin him a problem and dosen't see it ever hurting him. He also says should he score a crucial goal in a European Cup final he would do 10 back flips in a row.

11. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    10!...lol...No way he does ten. Don't believe it.

Also, what if he ends up having a season similar to Ronaldo in the future. Your telling me hes going to do this celebration 25+ times...lol. Injury waiting to happen.

12. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Is it true that Fergie is fining him 10k for each one? Someone at our bar mentioned that...

13. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    No way, don't believe that. Fergie seemed like he was smiling when Nani was doing the flips.

14. Quaresma

Quaresma New Member

Aug 1, 2003
    Steeltown
    I wish Portugal had a striker like Rooney or Tevez..even saha, except less injury prone.

Nani has really made alot of us eat our words this year, no one expected him to develop the way he has after being so inconsistent and not being lights out in Portugal

then we could have played a 4-4-2 with RQ/Nani on the wings(simao always seems to have his best performances as a sub) and Ronaldo being the roaming forward with someone else..

But we have no one of any quality for ronaldo to play with up front sadly.

Nani will never stop his backflips, but one day I can just see some mental defender ram him when hes in midflight in anger.

15. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Don't know about that. I know as soon as SAF picked him up that he was going to be fine. He was oozing potential at Sporting and for the NT.

16. Quaresma

Quaresma New Member

Aug 1, 2003
    Steeltown
    He was, but he had a horrible last few months of the season with Sporting, with his own fans even booing him:(

I remember in the summer when united purchased him, I said if there was a club where he could reach his potential and if there was a perfect coach for him, it would be united and sir alex.

I still had some doubts though..

but hes surpassed everyones expectations, I think I remember Sir Alex even saying he never expected Nani to be as good as he was..something like that anyways.

17. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Well he wanted a pay raise, and then was fustrated with the coach, which turned him to be sulky. Which then reinforced the coach position on playing him less...etc..etc.

Me too, extactic really that, especially considering it was a double swoop for 2 of the most exciting players in Portugal.

Not me, personally. I think he has the potential to be better or as good as Ronaldo, or any winger in the EPL.

18. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember Nani, good promising player.

19. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  20. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    I hope it's not a Denilson case on our hands.

21. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Hes just injured. He'll be back to wreck havoc against Barcelona.

22. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nani could be deadly against Barca, especially if the likes of Thuram are out there. I really hope he's on the mend.

23. Turkleton

Turkleton New Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Lancashire
    Has anyone got a clip of that bit of skill he did past Warnock? absolutely amazing. :cool:

24. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary