The Moment of Truth at tonight's Soul game

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by skipper60601, Jan 4, 2013.

1. skipper60601

skipper60601 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sorry but I didn't attend the game. I watched the Internet broadcast and Howard Balson struggled with the name but didn't totally butcher it.

2. StormFire

StormFire Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Chicago
    I was there. I'm not sure if Les G was announcing - if he was he sounded totally different than he did in Game 1.
    And that said, I meant to pay attention when he said the name, but I didn't..... So no clue, sorry.

Anybody know if they announced attendance anywhere for this one yet? Not on pointstreak (yet).

3. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes it was Les as he announced his name but yes he did sound different.I don't think they have actually announced any attendance after the first game.

4. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Everyone keeps talking about 45 saves and calling it a record. It's so easy to screw up a scoresheet. He probably made 16 saves in real life.

The way Pointstreak works is you don't even enter saves. Every time you put in a shot the goalkeeper automatically gets a save. If you (incorrectly) put in a shot every time someone winds up to shoot and count every shot ATTEMPT it will give the goalkeeper a save even if the guy booted the ball into the upper deck.

Even if you know what you're doing there's probably half a dozen times a game where you might look at each other and say "Was that a shot?"

Indoor soccer is probably as hard to keep stats for as it is to offciate.

5. FifaMan328

FifaMan328 Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Is this the Jan Game where the Soul starts drawing 4,000?

6. Capt. Chaos

Capt. Chaos Member

Chicago Fire & Reno 1868 FC
    United States
    Nov 12, 2005
    Way out in the land of the setting sun
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    It better be, because for 1 night only, CAPT. CHAOS IS BACK! Back from the Valley of Reno, NV, The Captain is back with the 30" Bass, flags a wavin, voice a wailin! LET'S GO SOUL!

7. skipper60601

skipper60601 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For good?

8. Joey Tee

Joey Tee Member

Newcastle United
    United States
    Apr 12, 2010
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that was a damn good game

9. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just got back from the game nice 13-8 win for the good guys(soul) over the blast. The Soul got their usual 900 fans although firefankeith might say it was 1100.

10. aek chicago

aek chicago Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Excellent match. I'd say 900 would be about right.