The Michael Bradley Thread

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Roma_NY, Jul 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    We have the attack and midfield to push for 3rd but as always our defense wasnt reinforced properly and its bringing those groups down once again.

There was 0 chance that Destro scored 25, that was just dumb.

2. Big Tom

Big Tom Member+

Sep 11, 2011
    In Jimmy's Fountain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Highly unlikely as were not playing in Europe this season.But if so we have players who can fill in.When you can bench Marquinho Burdisso Destro and DDR I think that says it all.Also like I said our problem is not creating/scoring goals but defending them,2 defensive players would be the solution to our problem.

3. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Dont you think in part the midfield also has a role in our defensive woes?

As for destro, I mean he scored 12 with siena.Considering the zeman factor, I did push it. On attack, dont take away the zeman factor.If you hire a ranieri type manager, our attack might not look like being one of the top ones in the league.

4. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I am not provoking anything I just hope people feel silly with themselves now ;)

There is nothing to converse about.

5. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Dont worry, I dont feel silly. When we finish in top spots, with bradley as starter you can make me silly and quote me on this.But as long as we are floating around midtable position, dont talk on any player being proven right or wrong about putting great performances to help our cause for midtable finishes.

If am to compre our midfield to previous years, its embarassing.

6. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    you are missing the point. It wasn't directed at you.

It was general, if I meant you I would say it.

7. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Whose fault is that.... Dare I say... the ownership :) (I'm becoming slightly obsessed with faces)

8. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    dont worry vuplin, i dont hate bradley. I want him as starter, I just dont rate our current team in high.
    I feel too much is being invested for the future, but the now is being ignored completly.
    IMO you need to make a balance, build for the future...but the now cannot be ignored either.

9. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The owners are not ignorant of what they are doing... The club isn't a toy, its an investment for them. They are not stupid.

The club is going to be worth tons in the future. Tons. If they can keep these players, they are going to make lots of money eventually.

They don't really care about the fans, just the brand.

This is why we have not seen them go out and many real good players. The most expensive player was Osvaldo and even that was funded by Vucinic's departure

10. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I actually do think they care about us, they want us to be entertained and they have been very open about that one aspect.

11. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You might be right, but I also feel like they are cleaning the mess and building for the future... for a different owner to come and reap the rewards of it.The whole focus is just future, no balancing with the now. I like their work off the pitch though.

PS I like to note, I dont judge players by age.You can be young and be ready for top level, but in our case its young people who in perfect world should have been loaned out , improve then come back.

12. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really don't think our players are that bad and are just as good if not better then what Spalletti had. The only difference is Spalletti adjusted to his players strengths and when injuries arose. Zeman doesn't

And yeah Bradley has done fairly well this season. Happy for him as all he needed was just some faith from a manager and he has finally gotten it in Italy.

13. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    but what do you base it on?

If anything, I think Spalletti's roma would win the serie a title the last 2 years. Considering both it was very good squad, and how serie a is poorer then at that time.

14. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    This doesnt make any sense, the two players I think your referring to are Tach and Florenzi. who both as of yesterday now are fully capped with their National Teams. Both have made massive step for their careers this season because their playing with us because they were ready to step up.

Tach was directly asked by our coach to fill the regista role, which does not make any sense why he would be loaned when the coach thought he was clearly ready for a larger stage. He has been right 100% so far, since Tach has been one of our best midfielders all season.

Florenzi was brought back on loan and given a early opportunity and took full advantage of it, which is what a bench player is suppose to do. From that role he has proven to be one of our hardest workers and consistent players. No reason for him to have been loaned out.

15. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    well, again you talk about players who are doing good enough for the cause of finishing midtable position.I am talking about the 'perfect' world if we were aiming high this year, those two would be loaned out then brought back in once they improved more.Till that time we would have bought in better midfielders, and aim for 3rd spot.

16. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Check the transfer thread prior to his signing.

17. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Both of the two you are talking about are much better than mid table clearly because if they were not with us then they would be getting linked with the big Italian clubs. So you shouldnt be complaining. Just imagine if they keep on this current pace of development how good they will be in a few seasons.

18. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I agree in few seasons, not now though.Agree to disagree.

On a side note, Ranieri was always known as loser too. That Spalletti team was going to win lo scudetto with ranieri. That squad eliminated champions of spain and france ( lyon and real madrid) in CL, and only came short to winning serie a for a team that ended up winning the CL ( inter).

I would say that team needed one or two additions, that could have got us a scudetto.And some refereeing too ...

19. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Interesting. Anyone who saw him play for Chievo last season knew that he was born to play in our league.

20. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    What the hell do you want players on our team to do to warrant a spot in your eyes, score 3 goals a game?

21. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    They care about attracting new fans by their brand. As far as pleasing any of us, not likely.

I don't care much about an official twitter account.

22. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

My theory which I have had for about half a year now in my head is that which you said above, someone to come and reap the rewards of success; They will sell the club for a hell of a lot of money especially if the stadium situation comes into swing.

Historically, modern stadiums add incredible amount of value to an Organization.

23. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Don't you think those things go hand-in-hand?

24. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think they could have spent more on players for now instead of tomorrow. They are also very cheap in their approach; They speculate and don't go after much proven youth, just high potential.

The secrets to being cheap and successful(?)

Let's be real, if you are investing in a Championship winning team, you do it how Chelsea did it. Not with Jose Angel, and not with Piris, wasting time trying to find the cheapest solution to major problems.

25. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Was the Roma ownership group investing in a championship winning team?