The Malaysian Football Thread

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by druryfire, Jan 9, 2012.

1. HangPC2

HangPC2 Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Kuala Lumpur
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Malaysia
    Irfan calls for cool heads in tense clash with Kelantan

Posted on October 6, 2012

By K. RAJAN

PETALING JAYA : Selangor coach Irfan Bakti had told his men to keep their cool when they face arch rivals Kelantan in the Malaysia Cup semi-finals, first-leg tie at the Sultan Mohd IV Stadium in Kota Baru today (8.45pm).

There’s no love lost between the two sides as their clashes have always been fiery affairs. Their last meeting – in a Super League match in Kota Baru in June – was marred by several clashes between the players.

Kelantan’s Mohd Ghaddar Mahmoud and Selangor duo Mohd Amri Yahya and Bunyamin Umar were involved in several skirmishes in that match which Kelantan won 1-0.

The trio were later fined and slapped with bans after being found guilty of violent conduct by the FA of Malaysia’s (FAM) Disciplinary Board in August.

[​IMG]

Irfan Bakti (right) and his assistan P. Maniam in discussion. - Filepic THE STAR/AHMAD IZZRAFIQ ALIAS

Irfan, who is aiming for a healthy advantage to take home for the return leg at the Shah Alam Stadium on Oct 12, wants his men to convert their aggression into goals.

“ This match will be a cagey one and we have to keep our composure … to avoid unnecessary incidents, ” he said.

“ But we still need to be aggressive … we need to channel our aggression in a positive way and score goals for the second leg.

“ The crowd will be behind them but the players must focus on their game.

“ The match is contested among 22 players and they need to concentrate on their football. ”

The Red Warriors, who are aiming for the M-League treble after winning the FA Cup and Super League title, will be seeking to extend their 32-match unbeaten home record in all competitions.

Kelantan coach Bojan Hodak has warned his men to be fully focused for the entire 180 minutes of both legs.

Hodak admitted that their narrow 4-3 aggregate win over Felda United in the quarter-finals has served as an eye-opener for his side.

“ My men underestimated Felda and were too relaxed and almost paid the price for it.

“ We are an experienced side so I’m sure the players have learned their lessons. ”

Kelantan will have centreback S. Subramaniam back from injury but talismanic skipper Mohd Badri Mohd Radzi is still doubtful with an eye infection.

The Red Giants too will have defender Bunyamin back to beef up their backline after serving his one-match suspension.

- The Star -

2. HangPC2

HangPC2 Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Kuala Lumpur
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Malaysia
    Thamil urges Hazwan to hunt for goals

Posted on October 6, 2012

PETALING JAYA : Harimau Muda top scorer A. Thamil Arasu has “ instructed ” his strike partner Ahmad Hazwan Bakri to get the goals in their Singapore League (S-League) rematch against Balestier Khalsa at the Yishun Stadium tomorrow (7.45pm).

Thamil will miss the match through suspension after picking up his fourth yellow card in the 2-1 loss to Gombak United on Sunday.

The 21-year-old Banting-born Thamil scored against Balestier in the 12th minute to give Harimau Muda a 1-0 lead before the match was called off in the 63rd minute due to a thunderstorm on Sept 27.

Already frustrated to see the match called off, Thamil was doubly despondent when he knew that he would have to miss the rematch.

“ We were in the driver’s seat against Balestier before the match was called off … it was really frustrating for us, ” said Thamil, who has scored seven goals in the S-League.

“ For me, it’s a double blow as I will have to sit out the rematch … anyway I have told Hazwan to get his name on the scoresheet on my behalf in the rematch.

“ Hazwan is hard working and I’m confident he can get the job done against Balestier. ”

- The Star -

3. HangPC2

HangPC2 Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Kuala Lumpur
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Malaysia
    Selangor on a mission

CHARGED UP: Irfan Bakti looking to snap Kelantan's unbeaten run

[​IMG]

Selangor players warming up during training ahead of their Malaysia Cup first-leg semi-final clash against Kelantan today. Pic by Syamsi Suhaimi

SAYING that records are meant to be broken, Selangor coach Irfan Bakti is ready to end Kelantan's unbeaten streak at home this season.

The two teams meet in the Malaysia Cup first-leg semi-final in Kota Baru today.

Despite Selangor's poor away record this season against the FA Cup and Super League champions, Irfan said: "That has got to end and tomorrow (today) is just as good a day as any day to beat Kelantan.

Selangor's last victory over Kelantan at Sultan Mohamad (IV) Stadium was way back in 2002 but Irfan said: "I am only with the Selangor team less than a year."

Irfan is not intimidated by the aggressive Kelantan crowd.

" When I was coaching Terengganu, we had a pretty good record in Kota Baru and I don't see why the same thing can't happen for Selangor, " he said.

The ambitious Irfan even said his team plan to settle the semi-final showdown in the first leg itself.

They must be thinking that we are hoping for a draw in Kota Baru but we are going for a kill just like what Terengganu did to Selangor in the Malaysia Cup semi-finals last season when they won 2-1 away at Shah Alam Stadium.

"We saw how Felda United FC could unsettle them right in their own backyard and I am sure we can do the same thing, if not better, to them," he said.

Irfan said Kelantan may be chasing their treble dream but Selangor are on a bigger mission - to win the Malaysia Cup for the 33rd time.

" Most importantly, we have a score to settle with Kelantan who beat us 1-0 in Kota Baru in the league although we did beat them 2-1 at home earlier in the season.

" Our players Amri (Yahyah) and Bunyamin (Omar) were suspended for three matches because of that match and I am sure they are now motivated to make amends by making sure that their team do not go home empty-handed, " he said.

Though Kelantan have no injury worry except for S. Chanturu, Selangor will also be able to field a potent line-up.

" Except for K. Gurusamy and Asraf (Sayuti) who haven't been playing for a while, we are practically at full strength.

" But the most important thing is we have the momentum with us and we seem to be peaking at the right time in the Malaysia Cup campaign," said Irfan who has yet to get his hands on the oldest and most prestigious trophy in Malaysian football.

Last year, Irfan was denied by Negri Sembilan who beat Terengganu in the final and in 2000, when he was coaching Negri, his team lost in the final to Perak.

- NST -

4. HangPC2

HangPC2 Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Kuala Lumpur
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Malaysia
    Liga FAM 2013

[​IMG]

5. HangPC2

HangPC2 Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Kuala Lumpur
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Malaysia
    Cebagoo FC

[​IMG]

Perasmian Cebagoo FC & Pelancaran Misi Liga FAM 2013

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. HangPC2

HangPC2 Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Kuala Lumpur
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Malaysia
    Kelab Yayasan Negeri Sembilan

[​IMG]

7. HangPC2

HangPC2 Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Kuala Lumpur
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Malaysia
    Kelantan stay on course for historic treble

Posted on October 13, 2012

By K. RAJAN

SHAH ALAM : High-riding Kelantan stayed on course for an historic treble when they beat Selangor 2-0 in the Malaysia Cup semi-finals, return-leg tie at the Shah Alam Stadium last night.

Kelantan, who won 3-0 on aggregate, will take on Armed Forces in the final at the same venue on Oct 20.

Last night, Kelantan’s Lebanese striker Mohamed Ghaddar Mahmoud and midfielder Mohd Badri Radzi sealed their berth in the final with goals in the 85th and 90th minutes respectively.

To add insult to injury, Selangor’s ineffective striker Bosko Balaban was red-carded for elbowing Obinna Nwaneri in the 87th minute.

Kelantan’s win extinguished Selangor’s dream of winning their 33rd Malaysia Cup. The loss also extended the Red Giants’ title drought for a second consecutive season.

[​IMG]

Kelantan's Mohamed Mahmoud Ghaddar celebrates after scoring a goal against Selangor during the Malaysia Cup semifinal match at the Shah Alam Stadium, October 12, 2012. GLENN GUAN/The Star

Selangor last won a title when they clinched the Super League in 2010.

The east coast giants, who have bagged the FA Cup and the Super League title, were clearly the better and more dangerous side last night.

Ghaddar, who had two glaring misses earlier in the match, got it right at the third time of asking as he kept his composure to chip the ball past Selangor’s goalkeeper Norazlan Razali for the opener.

Second-half substitute Mohd Badri, who came in two minutes before regulation time, struck with a well-taken free-kick past the outstretched Norazlan in the dying minutes of the game.

But Norazlan deserves praise for keeping the Red Giants alive in the game by pulling off several point blanks shots from Ghaddar and Norshahrul Idlan Talaha in the first-half.

Selangor’s best chance came from Balaban’s volley in the 44th minute but it was palmed away by Kelantan custodian Khairul Fahmi Che Mat.

Kelantan will be playing in their third Malaysia Cup final in four years. They lost to Negri Sembilan in 2009 but exacted revenge in 2010.

The Red Warriors will be the favourites when they take on Premier League champions Armed Forces in the final. On Thursday, the soldiers defeated Lions XII 5-4 in sudden-death shootout after both teams were tied 2-2 on aggregate in the other semi-final.

- The Star -

8. HangPC2

HangPC2 Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Kuala Lumpur
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Malaysia
    Irfan rallies team-mates ahead of VFF campaign

PETALING JAYA : National Under-21 skipper Mohd Irfan Fazail wants his men to defy the odds and get their VFF Newspaper Cup campaign off to a winning start when they face Laos in Gia Lai, Vietnam, tonight.

Irfan is aware of the tough task awaiting them as coach Ong Kim Swee’s squad have been drawn in a tough Group B with the Laos Under-21 side and Sydney FC.

Group A comprises the Under-21 sides from Vietnam, Singapore and Thailand.

Malaysia will play Sydney FC on Wednesday and the top two teams in each group will qualify for the semi-finals on Friday. The final will be on Oct 21. The talismanic Irfan will have to sit out tonight’s match due to a knee injury sustained against Balestier Khalsa in the Singapore League two weeks ago.

The Harimau Muda A team will also be without regular goalkeeper Izham Tarmizi Roslan; defenders Zubir Azmi and Fadhli Shas; winger Wan Zack Haikal Wan Nor; and midfielder Gary Steven Robbat – who are all with the national senior squad for an international friendly against Hong Kong on Oct 16.

Leftback Fandi Othman and nippy winger Wan Zaharulnizam Wan Zakaria, however, are on the crock list.

Irfan said that coach Kim Swee had set them a top-four target in the Under-21 tournament.

The Squad :

Mohd Farhan Abu Bakar, Farhan Muhd Ariff, D. Saarvindran, Irfan Fazail, A. Thamil Arasu, Shahrul Mohd Saad, Nazirul Naim Che Hashim, Fandi Othman, Syahrul Azwari Ibrahim, Mohd Raphi Azizan Mariappen, Syazwan Tajudin, Ahmad Hazwan Bakri, Izham Tarmizi, Firdaus Muhamad, Mohd Nashriq Yahya, Mohd Azeif Nasrulhaq Badrul Hisham, Adam Nor Azlin, Syazuan Hazani, Muhd Nurridzuan Abu Hassan, D. Kenny Palraj.

- The Star -

9. HangPC2

HangPC2 Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Kuala Lumpur
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Malaysia
    FAM : Safee is free to play for Malaysia

[​IMG]

AFP file pic shows Malaysia's Mohd Safee Mohd Sali (R). “ Safee is free to join the national team again. Apparently, there has been a misunderstanding. The AFC will seek clarification from PSSI regarding the ban on Safee, ” said Football Association of Malaysia (FAM) secretary general Datuk Azzuddin Ahmad yesterday.

PETALING JAYA : National striker Mohd Safee Sali can play for the country again, after all.

The All-Indonesian Football Association (PSSI) had earlier banned Safee for representing the renegade Pelita Jaya FC in the Indonesian Super League (ISL).

But the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) clarified yesterday that Safee is free to play for Malaysia.

Football Association of Malaysia (FAM) secretary general Datuk Azzuddin Ahmad confirmed that they had sought clarification from AFC secretary Datuk Alex Soosay regarding Safee’s case yesterday.

“ Safee is free to join the national team again. Apparently, there has been a misunderstanding. The AFC will seek clarification from PSSI regarding the ban on Safee, ” said Azzuddin yesterday.

Safee has rejoined the national team’s training in preparation for the AFF Suzuki Cup, which Malaysia and Thailand will co-host from Nov 24-Dec 22.

- The Star -

10. HangPC2

HangPC2 Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Kuala Lumpur
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Malaysia
    Sathia’s confidence in old hands pays off as Forces close in on Cup

[​IMG]

Oct 10 picture by Star's SHAHRUL FAZRY ISMAIL shows Sathianathan, some of the players and some armed forces personnel

PETALING JAYA : The soldiers have pulled it off again.

Thanks to former national coach B. Sathianathan’s faith in a bunch of “ old horses ” , the new-look Armed Forces team have marched into the Malaysia Cup final for the first time in 46 years.

Their dramatic win over the youthful Singapore Lions XII in the semi-finals (5-4 on penalty shootouts, 2-2 aggregate) showed that Sathianathan has a bunch of fighters who are playing out of their skin in the Malaysia Cup competition.

“ Age is never a barrier … as many seasoned campaigners have proven in professional football. Just look at Italy’s Paolo Maldini, Wales’ Ryan Giggs and England’s Paul Scholes … these players are considered past their prime but they still play important roles,” said Sathianathan yesterday.

He was commenting on the critics who had doubted his selection of players this season.

The soldiers are dubbed the “ Manchester City of Malaysia ” due to their big-money signings.

But the signings have done their part in helping Armed Forces make history by winning the Premier League title for the first time this season.

Among the new signings were prolific goal-getter ‘ King ’ Marlon James, 35, midfield hard-man Rezal Zambery Yahaya, 34, talismanic striker Hairuddin Omar, 33, hard tackling left-back Irwan Fadli Idrus, 31 and playmaker Bruno Martelotto, 30.

“ I am glad to have silenced the critics, including a former national coach who said that I had gone overboard with the signing of the oldies – players like Marlon and company, ” said Sathianathan.

- The Star -

11. HangPC2

HangPC2 Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Kuala Lumpur
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Malaysia
    Dali confident luck will not desert soldiers now

[​IMG]

“ I took to the field despite being ill ... I wasn’t going to let it stop me. I had five shots at goal and ... they either hit the post or were blocked by former international goalkeeper Chow Chee Keong. We were just unlucky not to win, ” recalled Dali, who began his football career with the Armed Forces youth team before returning to his home state Kelantan.

By ERIC SAMUEL

PETALING JAYA : Football legend Dali Omar said a stroke of bad luck cost Armed Forces their first-ever HMS Malaya Cup title 46 years ago.

The 66-year-old Dali said the army team were fully inspired after he scored in their 1-0 semi-final victory over Malaysian Police in the semi-finals in 1966.

But, on Cup final day, he came down with fever. Undeterred, the then 20-year-old Dali took to the field against a power-packed Selangor side that included the late Abdul Ghani Minhat.

Selangor won 1-0.

“ I took to the field despite being ill … I wasn’t going to let it stop me. I had five shots at goal and … they either hit the post or were blocked by former international goalkeeper Chow Chee Keong. We were just unlucky not to win, ” recalled Dali, who began his football career with the Armed Forces youth team before returning to his home state Kelantan.

At 26 years old – and at the prime of his career – the national striker set out to make a name for himself in Australia in 1972.

He landed a year’s trial with First Division side Azzurri of Perth (now known as Perth Glory) and mesmerised them with his skill and tenacity.

He then turned to coaching, training Olympics Kingsway before finally settling down in Australia.

Twenty-nine years later, Dali returned home in 2000.

On Thursday, Dali was at the Selayang Stadium to witness the semi-final clash between Armed Forces and Lions XII. Forces won 5-4 on penalties after both teams were tied at 1-1 after extra time in the second leg of the semi-finals.

“ The game could have gone either way. Forces had chances to win the game in 90 minutes. Well, I hope Forces will go on to win the title for the first time in the 91-year history of the HMS/Malaya/Malaysia Cup, ” said Dali.

However, Dali has this advice for Malaysian footballers.

“ If you want to win matches, you must score goals. It’s time the national body introduce a striker coach to assist our budding talents. Yes, we have goalkeeper coach but what about the strikers ? , ” he said.

“ It’s a pity that we don’t have prolific goal-getters in the national team. And our ranking (No. 162) is poor. I am willing to offer my services to share my vast playing knowledge with anyone.

“ I was the first one to go out of Malaysia. At that time, I was the master at scoring goals, especially with my shooting and heading abilities. It was my mental toughness and good playing ability that made me an instant hit with the Australian club.

“ That’s why it is important to emphasise on scoring techniques. ”

Dali was a member of the Malaysian team who played in the Asian Youth Tournament in 1963 at the age of 17. He also represented the national team from 1963-1969.

- The Star -

12. HangPC2

HangPC2 Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Kuala Lumpur
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Malaysia
    This Is Kota Bharu (Semi Final Piala Malaysia 2012)

[​IMG]

13. HangPC2

HangPC2 Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Kuala Lumpur
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Malaysia
    Harimau Muda (Malaysia U21) Vs Sydney United FC U21 (2012 VFF Newspaper Cup)

14. HangPC2

HangPC2 Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Kuala Lumpur
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Malaysia
    Malaysia Vs Hong Kong (2012 International Friendly Match (16/10/2012)

15. HangPC2

HangPC2 Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Kuala Lumpur
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Malaysia
  16. HangPC2

HangPC2 Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Kuala Lumpur
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Malaysia
  17. HangPC2

HangPC2 Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Kuala Lumpur
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Malaysia
    Güiza, muy cerca de jugar como cedido en el Johor de Malasia

Raúl Bustillos

01/11/2012 15:56

El jerezano Dani Güiza, un delantero muy ligado al Atlético Sanluqueño y a Sanlúcar porque su novia es de esta ciudad, partirá este sábado junto a su abogado-representante hacia Malasia para cerrar su compromiso y jugar como cedido, ya que pertenece al Getafe, en el Johor hasta el final de temporada.

El futbolista de la Ciudad del Caballo regresará a España el próximo jueves y en su estancia en tierras malayas, además de cerrar su contratación, conocerá el club y el lugar donde residirá, que en un principio será en Singapur.

De cerrarse el compromiso, Dani Güiza no pisaría suelo español hasta agosto. El jerezano fue el último pichichi español en Primera División.

Sources : http://andaluciainformacion.es

18. HangPC2

HangPC2 Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Kuala Lumpur
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Malaysia
  19. HangPC2

HangPC2 Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Kuala Lumpur
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Malaysia
    Melayu Semenanjung Vs South China AA (1947)

[​IMG]

Malaysian National Team (1964)

[​IMG]

Perak FA Vs Singapore FA (1964 Malaya Cup Final)

[​IMG]

Perak FA Vs Singapore FA (1967 Malaysia Cup Final)

[​IMG]

Selangor FA Vs Taj-Tel Aviv (1970 Final Asian Club Championship)

[​IMG]

Selangor FA (1972 Juara Piala Malaysia)

[​IMG]

Malaysia Vs South Korea (1976 Merdeka Cup [Pesta Bola Merdeka] )

[​IMG]

20. HangPC2

HangPC2 Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Kuala Lumpur
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Malaysia
    Spanish star Guiza aims to grab all available titles for Johor

Posted on November 5, 2012

- By MOHD FARHAAN SHAH -

JOHOR BARU : Former Spanish international footballer Daniel Guiza has set his sights on helping Johor win every major trophy in the M-League.

Guiza, 32, who has yet to agree personal terms with Johor FA, said he is looking forward to playing in Malaysia.

“ To be honest I don’t know much about Malaysian football. But I watched videos of the local matches on the Internet before coming down here and what I observed was Malaysians appear very passionate about their football.

“ I’m really happy to come here as this will be a new and great experience for me, ” he said at a press conference organised by Johor FA yesterday.

Guiza, said the reason he wants to leave his current club, Getafe CF in La Liga, was because he and the manager had differing views.

When asked if money was his main motivation in coming to Johor, he replied that was not the case as he also has had offers from top Spanish and European clubs.

“ I want to help Johor become not only the top team in Malaysia but in Asia as well,” he said adding that the local weather would not be a problem for him.

Guiza made a name for himself five years ago when he was the top scorer in the La Liga with Mallorca – scoring 27 goals in 37 matches – and helped the Spanish national team win Euro 2008.

Shortly after the Euro 2008, he signed with one of Turkey’s biggest clubs, Fenerbahce, before returning to La Liga to play for Getafe last year.

Johor FA president Tunku Mahkota Johor Tunku Ismail Sultan Ibrahim said they were discussing personal terms with the player.

“ I would be glad and honoured to have a player of such calibre join us. The issue isn’t the money offered to him but whether he can settle here quickly,” he said.

“ Hopefully, we will be able to strike a deal as soon as possible so I can take him around and show him what Johor has to offer. ”

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. HangPC2

HangPC2 Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Kuala Lumpur
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Malaysia
  22. HangPC2

HangPC2 Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Kuala Lumpur
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Malaysia
    FOOTBALL : Portugal beckons Fakri

06 November 2012 | last updated at 10:57PM

AHMAD Fakri Saarani could become only the second Malaysian player after Nazmi Faiz Mansor to play in the Portuguese league.

Fakri, 23, has been invited for a three-day trial with Atletico Sport Clube Reguengos, a Terceira Division (third-tier competition) Serie F side.

Established in 1929, the club are currently fourth in the 12-team league with 12 points from seven matches.

Argentine Ernesto Sebastian Sanchez and Tanzanian Abuu Ubwa Zuberi are among the club's seven foreign signings.

The trial is only expected to be a formality with Fakri, a striker who has not renewed his contract with Felda United, excited about the prospect of playing in Portugal.

Fakri, a national trainee, will attend the trial after the AFF Cup which ends on Dec 22.

If he impresses, the club could sign him during the January transfer window for a period of between six months and three years.

Football agent Marco Guimaraes said the club invited Ahmad for a trial after watching video footages of him.

" Fakri is a quality striker, who also plays well as a winger but injury affected his confidence in the M-League. He has, however, regained his form, " said Guimaraes yesterday.

" He is intelligent, fast, has quick feet and works very hard. At 23, he's at a good age and already a regular with the national team. It's obvious he's a very good player.

" I believe he can follow in Nazmi's footsteps, who has improved tremendously with Premier League side Biera-Mar, by playing in Europe. I believe he can make a big impact in Portugal. "

Fakri, who began his professional career with Perak five seasons ago, was a member of the national Sea Games winning squads of 2009 and 2011.

The Kota Baru-born also played in the 2010 Asian Games but missed the AFF Cup due to injury.

" Atletico want to see more of him as there were not many video footages of him. I have a good relationship with the club.

" If everything goes well, he may sign for six months as the club may want to see how he adapts before offering a longer deal," said Guimaraes.

Guimaraes, who is Nazmi's agent, thanked the FA of Malaysia (FAM) for being supportive in getting locals to attend trials in Europe.

" FAM general secretary Datuk Azzuddin Ahmad was accommodating and supportive when we informed him about our interest to get Ahmad to Portugal for a trial.

" The national body wants more locals to ply their trade overseas, " Guimaraes added.

- NST -

23. HangPC2

HangPC2 Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Kuala Lumpur
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Malaysia
    Malaya Football Team (1937)

[​IMG]

24. HangPC2