The Lucas Thread: Best DM in the Premier League

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Cody667, Nov 27, 2011.

1. poopoobigelow

poopoobigelow Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 3, 2007
    VA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Lucas out for the season

2. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    damnit damnit damnit!!

Mr Jay Spearing, now is the time to stand up and show last season wasn't just a flash in the pan.

3. poopoobigelow

poopoobigelow Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 3, 2007
    VA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    aurelio could also play DM for the 5 games he has left on his injury punch card...

4. That Phat Hat

That Phat Hat Member+

Nov 14, 2002
    Just Barely Outside the Beltway
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    ********ing cocksucking shit.

5. bassboi

bassboi Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Shit thread, lock and ban!

6. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    is he even alive? when was the last time he played?

maybe we can tempt Marcos Senna to come for a 6 month journey and escape the sinking submarines...

7. Vasu

Vasu Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Let's open a Suarez thread!

But seriously, this thread has convinced me that we need to open a Carroll thread and a Gerrard thread. After all, this forum sinks the upward moving players and hopefully lifts the ones who might as well be dead. ;)

8. addicted2chelsea

Nov 11, 2007
    Australia
    Shocking news for you fellas , no one ever wishes harm on any player. Two great midfielders missing time like this is terrible for any club ( Essien / Lucas ) God speed for the recovery , a great player to watch.

10 people repped this.
  9. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Classy message

10. Chimaera

Chimaera Member

Mar 26, 2009
    La Plata, Maryland
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hurts. But not a death blow.

Jay Spearing should have a role. We do have a few central midfield players who can do a job.

I shudder to think of what it would be if we lost Reina or Suarez.

11. never walk alone TPK

Sep 27, 2004
    nairobi, kenya
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kenya
    Could well be a blessing in disguise. I am gutted for Lucas but this should actually be an opportunity for the likes of Adam, Shelvey, Henderson and Spearing (In no particular order) to adapt their games and improve with more chances. It gives Coady a chance too and I can see Stevie coming back soon just as well. Players now have a chance to make a contribution and fill in those shoes. KD will have a way forward and I wish Lucas a speedy recovery. Gutted but trying to be optimistic.

12. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Great post: completely agree.

13. revelationx

revelationx Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    London
    It's a shame for Lucas. He was starting to impress everyone in the media and finally gain recognition from rival fans. Injuries are a part of football unfortunately. Get well soon, Lucas. The team has to move on and adjust to his absence.

14. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

he's one player that I can pretty much guarantee will work his hardest to come back in top shape and regain his form.

15. ScholesyLFC

ScholesyLFC Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Holladay, Utah
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's a cruel game football. It always seems that a player gets injured when they are reaching their best form.

Get well soon Lucas.

16. Cody667

Cody667 Member+

May 10, 2010
    Sudbury, ON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Class, nice to hear. :)

17. ULL NEVER WALK ALONE

Sep 29, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    What a blow. I guess the coice has to be between Spearing and Henderson to deputise in his absence. The problem with Henderson is that he sucks defesively, so i would stick with Spearing there.

Now the question that must come up is.....will we be looking for cover in the winter transfer window or will KK stick with players like Coady as back-up!?

18. Vasu

Vasu Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I certainly hope we look for back-up, unless Spearing really blows us away.

The fates certainly have hit us hard for letting Raul and Aqua go because we had all the CMs in the land. :(

19. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    He posted this one as well. Must have been about the time all those grapes in his mouth went sour...:rolleyes:

20. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I only go here and FFA so I never saw that post

21. Bobinhood

Bobinhood Member

Apr 22, 2005
    Toronto
    I knew when they recalled shelvey that things werent looking good. Damn shame, he was going from strength to strength, literally seemed to get better with every passing game. I thought he had reached a whole new level against City, a world-class level surpassed by very few.

His foot seemed like it was Gumbys he could always stretch it in there and get a touch on the ball. and his whole game was up, not 10 mins before he hurt himself he threw a long pass down the touchline alonso would have been proud of.

this is gonna hurt us. boo. Only bright side The Committee to elect Jordan Henderson as Good will be getting some new material to work with I suppose. Maybe Wee Jay will get the call hes a terrier in his own right.

Paging a Mr S gerrard mr gerrard theres a call for you on line 2 please pick up any red phone in the terminal thank you.

22. Kawklee

Kawklee BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 30, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dont judge someone by what they put on their own board, everyone says things that could be offensive to others but are directed only for their fellow supporters. Someone over there even got neg repped for something they wrote in their own area, I can't imagine how pissed I'd be if someone started going through our posts with a comb and neg repping just because we get passionate about our own clubs.

If I ever post on a different board, I'd want my contribution to be judged by what it is, not by what I might called some plastic chav ********** that boo off a player like a bunch of dissatisfied classless roman peasants who just watched the lion eat their favorite gladiator some odd days, hours, or seconds earlier.

3 people repped this.
  23. addicted2chelsea

Nov 11, 2007
    Australia
    Yeah I got neg repped by Teso on my own forum. I am a human being though , and despite the fact the we support different clubs , health is the most important thing for anyone , there is alot more to life then football.

1 person likes this.
  24. ULL NEVER WALK ALONE

Sep 29, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Off with his head!!

25. Grinners89

Grinners89 BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 8, 2007
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    That guy still has a small garden gnome shoved up his ass? Poor lad, he should see a GP about that.

1 person likes this.