The Legend ALBERTO SPENCER.

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by Pingudo, Oct 10, 2005.

1. Pingudo

Pingudo New Member

Nov 18, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  2. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Re: Alberto Spencer

almost brought a tear to my eyes! :eek:

3. ecuajhony

ecuajhony New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    Maryland-Laurel

[​IMG]

goleador historico de la Libertadores, aqui con la camiseta del Barcelona de Guayaquil!!!!!

4. perucho79

perucho79 New Member

Dec 2, 2004
    Monumental
    Alberto Spencer

[​IMG]

Aperently he is one of the greates in ecuador futbol can someone tell me what years is this foto?? thanks!

5. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

he is our best player ever. and one of the greats in South America and the all time leading goal scorer in the Copa Libertadores! :D

I am not sure what year that photo is taken though, sorry. I hope someone else can answer the question.

6. Pingudo

Pingudo New Member

Nov 18, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

7. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alberto_Spencer

8. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005

http://www.hoy.com.ec/suplemen/blanco60/byn.htm

9. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005

http://www.fifa.com/en/comp/Clubworld/tournament/0,6537,CWC-2005-53,00.html

10. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005

http://www.englandfootballonline.com/TeamHons/HonsIffhsPlyrsCent.html
    http://www.uefa.com/competitions/EUSA/news/Kind=1/newsId=276655.html

11. perucho79

perucho79 New Member

Dec 2, 2004
    Monumental

thanks!!;)

12. Wile Coyote

Wile Coyote Red Card

Sep 21, 2000
    Punta del Este, Uru.
    Club:
    Club Nacional de Football

Alberto Now lives in Montevideo Uruguay and works for La Embajada Ecuatoriana.. His kids all from Uruguay has made a life for himself in Montevideo.... Usually low key and friendly.. I have met alberto many times and oddly not at clasicos 1913 vs el GLORIOSO NACIONAL but at games where teams from ecuador have to play teams from uruguay at libertadores or sudamericana....last ime i saw him was for danubio vs liga.....

Spencer is 100% a fan of the fily in uruguay known as LOS VILLEROS DEL 13 better known as pen~arol...

13. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil

our gratest player ever, how we hope there could be more like him.

14. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005

We can. Problem is, Ecuador is lacking that "killer instint" especially the new recruits. U can see it in their eyes. Doesn't matter how good your skill is, it you state of mind that gives you the drive. Psychology is so important. When on is confident (not ego-centered), one can easily gained access to his or hers skills. One one hesitates,
    "you will not kill. And then you will be a dead marine" St Montgomery of Full Metal Jacket

Europe got alot of players with that "fvck off" attitude. NOt saying we should be like them but we should not hide behind extreme caution if you know what I mean.

15. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

yes, it is a degree of both attitude and skill. you have to have both. a player with all attitude and no skill will never be great, and vice-versa.

some players are gifted with exceptional talent, such as Ivan Kaviedes. he is blessed with his abilities, but it's too bad he didn't have that attitude you speak of, or he could have been one of our greatest. It's still not too late for him, but he did waste alot of time when he could have been playing and scoring more goals.

16. ceejay187

ceejay187 Member

Mar 30, 2005
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

My father was just telling me about Spencer and the way he used to play.....hes no joke.....

17. Goofy

Goofy Member

Jun 10, 2005
    support for oneself.

Speaking of Spencer...
    I remember watching a few years ago the ending of a movie featuring Alberto Spencer. It was kind of a soapy, low budget but well-meant movie where Spencer plays himself and is the idol of some kids. One of the kids has an accident and dies, but before he kicks the bucket he is visited by Spencer and the kid dies happy. Anybody knows the name of that movie?

18. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

whoa, sounds awesome! i never heard of this! anyone out there can help us out?

imagine him and Aguinaga playing together? that would have been sweet!

19. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!
    The greatest ecuadorian baller of all time Alberto"cabeza magica"Spencer atraviesa por una delicada situacion de salud.He suffered a heart attack last week and even though he's breathing on his own the situation doesn't look too good.His family are looking forward to bringing him to states to get abetter treatment.El maximo goleador de la copa libertadores,is in need of a heart operation.My prayers are with him.http://www.eluniverso.com/2006/09/21/0001/15/97C0D72B8D9A45809833ACD0AA5B7708.aspx

20. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!
  21. Ecua_Man

Ecua_Man New Member

Sep 11, 2006
    Hackensack, NJ
    I read that. That would be an interesting game. Also, my father has always said wonders about Spencer. He always says there hasn't been an ecuadorian player like him.

22. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!
  23. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!
    Los equipos ecuatorianos will spike up thier prices a dollar for this weekends games.That extra dollar will be collected and given to the Spencer family to help them pay medical and travel expenses for our legend Alberto Spencer.Who should be flown to the States from Uruguay for better treament.
    El club Penarol and the federacion de futbol Uruguaya are trying to help out anyway they can al maximo goleador de la Copa Libertadores.:eek:

24. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005
  25. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!
    Alberto Spencer's operation was a succesful one today.The operation lasted about 5 hours at a Cleveland,Ohio hospital."Cabeza Magica" esta convaleciendo satisfactoriamente de la operacion de corazon abierto.The doctors don't know the date of his release,but thanks the heaven we have Alberto for a few more years.