The Kashima Antlers Thread

Discussion in 'Japanese Club Football' started by Shizuoka, Dec 5, 2009.

1. AntlersFan17

AntlersFan17 New Member

Nov 22, 2009
    Orlando,FL
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On the subject of brazilians,is there a chance Gilton can comeback ?
    his team is in Serie D thats kinda horrible he deserves better than that.

2. Matsu

Matsu Member

Mar 28, 2001
    Both Tashiro and Masuda are returning from their loans - dont forget about them. And Shibazaki will join from Aomori Yamada. Furthermore, because of the team's development strategy they dont give a lot of time to guys like Miyasaki, FUnayama and Omichi, but all of those guys could be seeing regular playing time on a lot of other J1 teams. With Honda joining too, I dont really see any reason to be looking for anything other than a reserve wingback. Maybe then will use their "Asian foreigner" spot for that?

3. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Alex from Chiba is coming.

4. AntlersFan17

AntlersFan17 New Member

Nov 22, 2009
    Orlando,FL
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hmmm....very interesting.

Who would you rather have start Tashiro or Sasaki ?

5. Matsu

Matsu Member

Mar 28, 2001
    Well, considering that Tashiro was Yamagata's top scorer last year . . . . ;)

6. AntlersFan17

AntlersFan17 New Member

Nov 22, 2009
    Orlando,FL
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why did they loan him out last season anyways ?

7. AntlersFan17

AntlersFan17 New Member

Nov 22, 2009
    Orlando,FL
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On Kashima's wiki page it says Carlao has been signed with them,can anyone confirm ?

8. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  9. karolb

karolb Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  10. AntlersFan17

AntlersFan17 New Member

Nov 22, 2009
    Orlando,FL
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. JUAN-XAVIER

JUAN-XAVIER Member

Jul 23, 2009
    TEXAS
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Sorry if someone has already mentioned this, but I am a fan of the team and i can not find anyplace in the US that can get me this jersey. Do any of you guys now were or how i can get one. Your help is greatly appreciated.

12. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
  13. Vendo Thefastlane

Jul 16, 2009
    Mito, Ibaraki
    Club:
    --other--
    Kashima's BIGGEST match of the year coming up in a little over 2 hours! Catch it on TV if you can't make it to the stadium.

14. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  15. Matsu

Matsu Member

Mar 28, 2001
    Interesting stuff. Obviously both teams were trying out lots of new players and its hard to get a clear picture of competitiveness under the circumstances. However, Mito seemed to be well organized and efficient. They missed a couple good chances to score, including one dangerous shot by the rookie, Kanakubo.

Nevertheless the gap in quality was huge. Carlao will need time to adjust to Japanese football, but even now he looks like a real beast! The newcomer who impressed me the most, though, is Alex de Melo Santos, who has been one of my favourite players ever since he entered the league with Avispa. Also, Motoyama looks like he is back. Hopefully this will be the year that he reminds people of what theyve been missing the past two seasons.

16. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    If they all stay healthy, Kashima will win the league this season, no doubt.

17. MattKenny89

MattKenny89 New Member

Feb 18, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Kashima's first 11 is something like this?

Sogahata

Araiba – Iwamasa – K. Nakata – Alex Santos

Takeshi – Masuda

Takuya – Fellype – Koroki

Carlao

18. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Seriously Idk anymore what to say. This season looks like it will turn into a disaster for us. I think it is time for coach to hit the road, Jack's style :(

19. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Their strikers suck

20. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I agree especially in converting clear cut chances to goals...

I would rather see the young guys on the field, I bet they would learn a lot and probably also score more

21. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Jack in the Box style?

I dont think firing Oliveira would be the right way to go. He's a great coach, one of the best in the league imho. But Kashima are going through a generation-change, and players like Sogahata, Araiba, Nakata,Ogasawara, Motoyama and even Iwamasa and Nozawa are not getting any younger or better.

Take Ogasawara for example, he's done a lot of poor and obvious mistakes this season that have costed his team some goals against, and his offensive contributions have not been up to the usual standard either. I dont know if he's struggling with a minor injury or whatever now, but he's actually been benched in several games lately.

I think after Marquinhos left, u don't have a striker that can guarantee goals in the same way. Koroki is a very good player, but not the inside-the-box striker that scores too many goals. Osako are yet to blossom 100%, and Tashiro, although he have some strong points, is not an ace striker either. And Carlao is still injured isnt he?

22. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I agree

Kashima's starting 11 is pretty much a couple of 30+ years old dudes who will retire soon and a couple of 20-25 year-olds.

You can see that they are starting to make a switch to younger players. Shibasaki is probably the natural successor to Ogasawara and you can be sure that they will be busy once this season is over. I expect a huge squad change next season (especially if they finish where they are now).

23. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yeah but when you look at those past games, there are many we should have won or draw and we did not, if we have done so with at least few we would have been near the top.

Irony and similar goes for Urawa

24. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  25. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway

Yeah absolutely. U havent exactly had the margines on ur side this season, cause playwise I think it hasnt been all that bad, except for maybe some games.

Not so much Urawa the way I see it, but if u had said Cerezo I would have agreed!;) ( but maybe im biased lol)