The Jose "Special One" Mourinho Thread (Part 3.) [R]

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by vilafria, Dec 22, 2008.

1. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Address what? Villa Boas will be a better coach than self-absorbed Mourinho.

The problem with JM is he needs to form a kinship with his players and stop acting like a hypocrite. A good coach stresses trying to reach performance goals, not outcome goals.

2. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    No need to address anything you've said. Mourinho is too self-absorbed. I respect his past, but he needs to get over himself. Villa Boas will be a better coach because he communicates well.

A good coach stresses trying to reach performance goals, not outcome goals.

3. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  4. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olelvRKSpG8"]Jose Mourinho gouging the eye of Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova ! - YouTube[/ame]

He should get a few games ban for this stupid crap

5. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
  6. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I know what he was trying to do. He was trying to get a big enough reaction from one of the personnel so they would get caught. Didn't work this time, too many camera's not enough hands. He will probably get a game.

7. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    What exactly was he doing and what did he expected ? I don't think he even knows.

8. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Basically he wanted to do something little, and get a big enough reaction from the opposition so that they would get caught, slapped with repercussions while Mourinho actions go unnoticed.

Mourinho tactic worked to a degree, the Barca assistant did react in a more violent manner with a hard slap to the back of Mourinho's head. But alas, the camera caught Mourinho, and that is what is getting all the press.

Hes done it before, and gotten away with it. Hes a tactician, always thinking of ways to get ahead.

I believe now hes also trying to break up the Spanish team and unite the Portuguese team to one day lead us to glory..lol

9. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Do you mean like when he slapped Puyol in the tunnel prior to the Barcelona-Chelsea CL game ? That failed too then.
    lol, that will not work either

10. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like Mourinho, but last night actions are pretty indefensable. Classless move, whether provoked or not (from what i've read Marcelo was the victim of racist chants).

I think he needs to get out of Spain, get out of Madrid. There are at least 2 more classicos this season, not counting if they meet in Copa del Rey or in the CL. They are not going to end well. Mourinho and Madrid are sick of losing to Braca, and sick of Barca's constent diving and asking refs for cards. It's getting the best of him.

No ban expected, wasn't in the referee's report.

11. palynka

palynka Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I don't think it's Spain, he was also going downhill in Italy in terms of behaviour. He's getting progressively worse and more bitter, where once he was ironic and sarcastic. Maybe Jaime Pacheco was right after all.

12. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    What did he say ? I missed that , I guess.

13. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    Doubt it. I think it's Barcelona alright.

He's trying his best but failing to accomplish anything. After having too much, he crossed the line.

I hope he wins something this year to calm down. Thanks to him I hate the culés now. That Abidal pirouette diving best pictures the mentality of Barça players.

14. palynka

palynka Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    So all the bans he got in Italy were Barcelona too?

15. palynka

palynka Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    When Mourinho was in Chelsea, he said Pacheco had only one brain cell and not even working properly (in response to Pacheco who said something like: "Boavista won't play in the Dragao like Chelsea did"). Pacheco replied saying that Mourinho, despite his success, was mentally ill.

16. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Coaches get banned all the time. He has not been this distructive until arriving at Madrid. He can't figure out Barca and it's destroying him. The eye gouge, added to the conspiracy between Barca-Unicef and UEFA, are not the same things he was doing in Italy. Not in the least.

17. palynka

palynka Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I'm sorry, but you clearly haven't followed the Italian league when he was there. He was incredibly acrimonious by the end of his last season and insulted coaches left and right. It's getting progressively worse, yes, but it's not something new.

18. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    They're both hot headed and deserve each other :)

19. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    I doubt it. Bet you he'll be suspended. :)

20. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    Due to the italian press which was more smothering and ill accusing than the english one. Every technical staff in Italy hated his posture, but that's pretty much it. Just his response to all of that drama.

This is completely different.

21. palynka

palynka Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I don't see how that's so different. Whatever, let's agree to disagree.

22. portugal#1

portugal#1 Member

Mar 10, 2007
    I honestly think it was a way of defecting blame away from his players and on to him. Mourinho has a great reputation of protecting his players.Instead of the media talking about how iffy the madrid backline looked and Marcelos dirty tackles, they talked about Mourinho. It's a good tactic.

He belongs in Spain, call me crazy but I think Madrid will take the CL this year. Barca has gotten too big for their britches, and its already been showing a little bit that Madrid is catching up to them. Madrid should have won the first leg by a lot if it wasnt for the horrible finishing and if there was any justice in the world yesterdays game should of been a draw. However, the world of football doesnt deal with "what if's" so thats how the score ended.

I think he's starting to figure them out.

23. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

The guy with the mustache watching is absolutely hysterical

24. Figo_7

Figo_7 Member

Feb 7, 2007
    Mourinho has a long history with barcelona and they always seem to bring the worst out of him, if anyone remembers his acusations with Rijkaard and the ref or him sneaking into the changeroom at half time through a laundry basket or him rubbing in his victory with Inter saying they were obsessed and his gestures at the end of the second leg.... he's always been like this but barcelona's dominance over real madrid the past couple seasons is getting to him, real madrid has improved though and the games are getting more and more intense

25. dipluso

dipluso Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    CT
    A fine line between genious and insanity. The only reasonable explanation is Joelzinho's brilliant observation:
    For the longest time I thought this was photoshop'ed. But it's not. So funny.

Anyway, yeah, Mourinho is truly going completely bonkers, insane. I mean, truly, WTF was that? How can he NOT be suspended for a few games?! I've defended his antics as always being part of the "masterplan" but this defies belief. He is out of his mind. As good as he is on the field (and RM have been getting closer and closer to Barca in every game), the price he's paying psychology may be too much. He is this close -> <- to the looney bin.