The Jose "Special One" Mourinho Thread (Part 3.) [R]

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by vilafria, Dec 22, 2008.

1. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    his plan failed bigtime, Pepe getting a red really threw a monkey wrench into the whole thing.

2. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    in the second leg they should just cut the bull shut, paly higuain and kaka and try and score some goals.

3. dipluso

dipluso Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    CT
    Yeah, no coincidence, for sure. And for what a bs non-foul - Alves has no shame.

Aside from Pepe, who else here thinks that if Carvalho had been in there, Messi wouldn't have had such an easy time getting free for the goals?

4. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    I think Carvalho would of went for the 2 footed flying drop kick on Messi to prevent that embarrassing goal. :D Can't even imagine what Pepe would do.

5. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    the chances of RM winning at Barcelona are less than a snow flake surviving in hell

6. Area 51

Area 51 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Carvalho was a severe loss, just proves how important he is.

Next game Mourinho already took the pressure off the team, so Ronaldo better play freestyler with kaka and Ozil.

7. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Messi doesn't really dive, theres loads of videos confirming that as well

some quotes from JM:

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/blog...andal-of-the?urn=sow-wp1233#remaining-content

8. dipluso

dipluso Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    CT
    I assume you are joking. There's a famous example of him diving against Inter and another one in Classico #1 months ago where Carvalho lifts his arm brushes against his face, Messi takes 2-3 seconds to react and then crumples to the ground like a wilted flower. Not to mention the infamous hand ball goal. This is not to dispute that Messi is phenomenal. But that he is an angel, that's BS. He wants to win just as much as the next guy and he'll do what it takes, if that means diving, faking injury, etc. In soccer, right now, EVERYBODY dives (yeah, even English players...).

And, BTW, if UEFA/FIFA really cared about diving, there's an easy solution. Video review. Anyone who looks at the replay of Alves pirouette yesterday would know that he faked contact and injury (stretcher?!). Give him a 3 game suspension for that s78t and see if he's so willing to make up s78t next time. (And Busquets last season...). I submit that UEFA/FIFA needs to do something - the game yesterday was between the 2 best teams in the world by a mile. The constant diving and whining (and not just by Barcelona) ruined what should have been a great game and will have turned off any potential new fans (and some old ones too).

9. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nope, not joking. He doesn't really dive. He tries staying on his feet. I'm not gonna flood this thread with videos, but feel free to search youtube if you'd like, but he'd rather stay on his feet than dive. Hell, Ronaldo doesn't dive either...did he when he was younger...sure, but he doesn't anymore.

Now, Dani Alves, Busquets, etc...that's a different story. I'm sick of diving in soccer (and hockey, that Bruins-Canadians series was full of acting).

Anyways, Jose is under investigation by UEFA. His post game comments were things of beauty.

10. palynka

palynka Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    As (the Spanish newspaper) seems to have started going for Mourinho's jugular.

They started posting past instances of Mourinho's teams being helped by ref mistakes.

11. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Man I love Mourinho, utter entertainment!

12. FigoTX

FigoTX Member

Feb 15, 2006
    H-town, TX
    Mou's post game comments are all about setting up the next game. He knows it's going to be extremely difficult to pull a victory...so pile up the pressure everywhere but his team. Put the refs on edge, put UEFA on edge, get the Barca fans riled up, get the Barca players riled up and hopefully get a mental edge on the game.

Basically, if the refs get all wound up maybe they give some cards to Barca and it provides an opportunity for Real. It's a long shot, but at this point it may be all he has. And maybe he goes on the attack for this game, but Barca on their heels.

IMO, it's Barca and ManU in the final. But if Mourinho can help Fergie, it's by getting some Barca players carded.

13. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Dude got PWNED by Guardiola. He just can't beat Barca. What do you think? Will he leave?

14. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    Lol, he actually has. Quite a few times.

15. Area 51

Area 51 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Bin Laden deer in the headlights by sight of navy seal fail.

16. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    "The Special One" has beaten Guardiola with Inter with a supposedly "weaker" and "older" team.

Let's see what happens next year.

17. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you inferring that Inter players weren't older than Barca players last year?

18. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    nope

19. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I think its styles that make matches, Barca are a possession team, they play so fluently and it was hard for Madrid to contain them.

Not saying Real are crap, but Barca are miles better off/defensively. Messi did a good job, but nice to see someone bully him on the field.

20. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Uefa bans : 5 games ban and up to 50K euros fine :eek: Pepe got 1 game ban

21. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Mourinho did talk a lot of crap. I think he will be on probation too.

22. palynka

palynka Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    He got PWNED by Guardiola? He managed to find a way to bring the tie much closer than anybody expected before the 4 match series. The only advantage Barcelona had was gained after a dreadful referee mistake. What did Guardiola do?

I used to think the Villarato claims were bogus but the last 3 years in the CL have been incredible in favouring Barcelona (and their other win in 2006 also had the infamously disallowed Shevchenko goal). Is it really a coincidence that Villar is President of UEFA's Referees Committee? Perhaps, but it does smell fishy.

23. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Barca are in the finals, Real are not. Mourinho can blame the refs all he wants, it makes him look like a sore loser. Barca are "better" than Real; deal with it!

Mourinho hasn't done crap with this team. You take out Ronaldo, they would have floundered this season.

24. palynka

palynka Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Repeating it won't make you correct. Do you want to address my post or are you happy with deleting almost all the content of it and ignore what I said?

25. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005