The Jose Mourinho Thread (Part 2.)

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by vilafria, Dec 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ToxtethBlue

ToxtethBlue New Member

Feb 18, 2008
    Toxteth, Liverpool

I hope not. I'm hoping Koeman atleast stays until the end of the season so that we can take him permanently. To be honest I think the best thing for Fernandes would be to join Everton. He needs games, he needs consistency and best of ball he needs to be loved. He would get that all here at Everton if he produced the goods.

I agree there probably will be a time when he moves to a "bigger club" but he can grow at a club like Everton and then move on. You just have to look at Pienaar and Arteta. Two of our best midfielders now alongside Fernandes but struggled at there ex clubs. Arteta couldn't get into the Real Sociedad team yet is now without doubt one of the best midfielders in the Premiership. Pienaar flattered to deceive at Dortmund but his stock is now rising in England and he is showing the form of his Ajax days.

Fernandes is in a similar position and if he stays at Everton he will progress and play regularly. Moving around so much at such a young age can not be good for a man of his age.

In terms of the comparison to Makelele I just cannot see it. Fernandes is too talented to be playing such a limited role. He's got far more ability than Makele ever had and will only get better. I see him in more of a Fabregas role. Dictating play, creating chances and best of all getting forward and supporting play.

What I have noticed is his defensive game is his weak point. I don't think he's disciplined enough for the holding role. He also has a tendency to switch off and not track back. To be honest though in a league like England I could see him improving that side of his game. Its alot more physical, faster and more hustle and bustle.

A terrific talent though. Hopefully he can nurture it more and produce on the highest level.

2. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Be careful...as Makelele is one of the best midfielders we have seen, don't compare Fernandes to him just yet.

3. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    This is accurate. It has been his weak point since his Benfica days. He is very skillfull with the ball but seems to have defensive lapses.

4. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    One of the best DM's, yes.

5. ToxtethBlue

ToxtethBlue New Member

Feb 18, 2008
    Toxteth, Liverpool
    Maybe he just isn't a defensive midfielder. I'd rather see him creating than sitting in front on the back four personally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VptyYcpLE54

This is the best game I've seen him play for us and he played a more attacking role but showed his defensive qualities with some excellent tackling. He dominated Fabregas that day and got the better of Diaby also. Two players around his age group.

He's had a bit of a slow start on his return but that is due to lack of fitness. He'll be back to his best soon.

6. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    Well, if you want to see more of those than Everton must understand that he should a CM instead of a DM.

7. ToxtethBlue

ToxtethBlue New Member

Feb 18, 2008
    Toxteth, Liverpool
    We do play him as a CM. Carsley plays the DM and Arteta, Fernandes, Pienaar and Cahill all provide the creativity and goals.

8. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Wow...1 game. lol

9. santos6

santos6 New Member

Feb 25, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I think that Mourinho would be a good fit at Valencia or AC Milan, I don't think his philosophies would fly at Barca.

10. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I think he can easily change his swag to incorporate other teams. I am pretty sure he could become an offensive coach, and a good one at that, with the talent available at Barca.

11. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    With reports of JM turning down Lyon recently, it's apparent he has better offers one being Barca, and or AC Milan. I personally feel he'll pick Milan.

12. wtf_SCOLARI!!

wtf_SCOLARI!! Member

Nov 21, 2007
    yes let's not forget the super offensive fc porto team of 2003 seems to me Mourinho changed his style in 2004 because of the tougher opposition in the champs league but this guy can play any way.

13. wtf_SCOLARI!!

wtf_SCOLARI!! Member

Nov 21, 2007
    he already stated he wants to learn a new language which is what he's been doing with his time off so he most definately will be going to Italy.

14. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    [​IMG]

Maybe in the Atletico side. Don't they speak Castillian there ? :)

15. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    According to "A Bola" : Mourinho viajou hoje para Milão e estará nesta altura reunido com os responsáveis do Inter para analisar a possibilidade de substituir na próxima temporada Mancini no comando técnico do campeão italiano.

16. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    Reports are it's a done deal 10 million euro per year for 4 years.

Also no a lot of spending to be done, so it looks like Carvalho, and Drogba will be joining him.

17. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Carvalho follows this guy wherever he goes.lol

18. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    When it works, why not. Now will Figo stay? Word is he'll take a front office position. I doub it when he still has tons of dough to make in the US market.

19. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    I dont get it. Where is all this money coming from ?

20. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    ? Inter Milan are a footballing club in one of the major cities in Europe. They have as much money as they want.

21. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    To pay Mourinho 10 million a year, purchase 5 top of the line $$$$$$$$$ players and pay them ? They may have money but they are not MU or Chels type of money. No way in the world they are going to purchase all of these players.

22. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Where did you get 5 players from? All that was mentioned was Drogba and Chelsea.

23. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    Sorry, meant to post 4 . What I heard was Lampart, Drogba, Carvalho and Figo to resign or he would not agree to go. Salary has been settled but problem is his player demands. I believe he did the same thing when he went to Chelsie right ?

24. santos6

santos6 New Member

Feb 25, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Mourinho can forget about any Chelsea players, if he and Abromovich really don't get along.