The J.League / JFL Stadiums Thread

Discussion in 'Japanese Club Football' started by The Truth Commission, Mar 4, 2006.

1. Shizuoka

Shizuoka Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Shizuoka, Japan
    Club:
    Shimizu S Pulse
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Thanks for the tips! I'll be heading off in a bit, and with the help of Google Earth's Street View I should make it to the ground around 11.30am via lunch at Mos Burger. :)

2. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  3. stefanole

stefanole Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Hiroshima
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    More football-specific stadia, please. I know Hiroshima won't get one any time soon though since the city ignored Sanfrecce's request to convert the old baseball ground (probably on the grounds that Sanfrecce actually win games, something which almost never happens with the Carp).

4. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    That would be about time, but still they won't get more than 10,000 people if they play as they did in the last season and a half...

Gamba has a crappy stadium, in an inconvinient location, but it is often packed... wonder why? :rolleyes:

5. artml

artml Member

Liverpool FC
    Ukraine
    Jul 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    At least your son won't hate you anymore for the constant torture of watching games from the goal end of Nishikyogoku :D

These news are really awesome, would like to see J. League having a "soccer-specification of the stadiums" program like MLS does. And I think it will help to boost the attendance even in Kyoto – when you have a real football stadium with passionate fans, the pleasure of joining the atmosphere of the game itself is worth to join.

6. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I am wondering how does it work in Kobe: they have a dream-like stadium, even if not so conveniently located (as ours would be...),and their team is more or less at the same (low) level as ours....

7. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Gamba Stadium Update:

http://www.field-of-smile.jp/news/news_detail.php?id=29
    http://www.field-of-smile.jp/news/news_detail.php?id=30
    http://www.field-of-smile.jp/news/news_detail.php?id=31

Currently three construction companies will be bidding for the stadium. One proposal will be accepted by end of July. Once the price tag is set, they will start collecting money by donation. Meanwhile, stadium location is yet to be determined; however, Gamba Osaka is confident that once the proposal is excepted and they start collecting money, the city will provide them with a location.

8. artml

artml Member

Liverpool FC
    Ukraine
    Jul 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    So they are going to move from Suita to Osaka?

9. Shizuoka

Shizuoka Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Shizuoka, Japan
    Club:
    Shimizu S Pulse
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Best of luck to them. They deserve a decent ground. Going to the Banpaku every other week must suck.

10. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I think they are looking at Suita and Ibaraki area.

11. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  12. Matsu

Matsu Member

Mar 28, 2001
  13. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  14. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    7000 seats, 300 000 000 yens.

15. artml

artml Member

Liverpool FC
    Ukraine
    Jul 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I don't read much Japanese but the article says "6000人" many times.

16. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    The idea is to have a small stadium to start with so that they can fill this stadium for high school games, Emperor's Cup Prefectural rounds, and some Gainare games. Then, they may expand it in the future. Remember, Gainare already have a football-specific Stadium with a capacity of 16K at Tottori-shi, Tottori-ken.

17. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  18. zappin

zappin Member

Jul 4, 2008
    Liverpool, UK
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Gamba Osaka have made a decision on the design of their new stadium!

You can see all three designs and info on the one they chose here: http://www.since-1991.com/newsstory.php?id=229

I'm quite pleased with the decision as that was my favourite design when I looked at the three (although the image of the Kajima design doesn't really show much). It's very much inspired by traditional European stadia but is still unique in itself.

Now the directors just need to decide a place to build it and find the money and then Gamba will be on the way to having a sweet stadium! :D

19. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Thx for the story, the three projects were great BTW. The first had a lot of personnality but the three as well, I can't decide between these two.

20. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    interesting! and about time! I also liked the Kajima one, as it looked a bit more stylish and unique than the others, atleast from the angle on the pic. But Takenaka's is great too, and I like how intimate it looks.

21. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Then I'd prefer Obayashi. Just look how the tribunes are located close to the pitch. That could create great atmosphere! Takenakas' project looks like designed for sunday fans who doesn't care much about game. Can't say anything about Kajimas' - I don't care how stadium looks from outside (most times it's completly contrairwise - the cooler the stadium looks outside, the poorer it looks inside, aside from few exceptions).

22. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    when u mention it, Obayashi looks very steep, like Toyota Stadium almost, which imo is one of the better stadiums around.. Im sure that one would have been great as well.

23. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  24. Shizuoka

Shizuoka Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Shizuoka, Japan
    Club:
    Shimizu S Pulse
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Morning all.

I'm thinking of making a little day trip to Kofu tomorrow for their game with Ehime. I'm doing my research online, but just wondered if anyone on here has any tips as to getting to the ground. I'd be coming in on the Minobu line (from Shizuoka via Fuji), and arriving at Kofu station. The stadium looks a little far from the ground, so I'm guessing a shuttle bus to the stadium. Anyway, any hints or tips not to be found on official websites would be appreciated. :)

EDIT: Further to that - going to Kofu and then getting the bus seems to be doubling back, so I was thinking getting of the train at Kai-Sumiyoshi and walking. Looks like a 30 minute or so stroll similar to that from Kashiwa station to their ground.