The J.League / JFL Stadiums Thread

Discussion in 'Japanese Club Football' started by The Truth Commission, Mar 4, 2006.

1. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Re: The J. League / JFL Stadiums Thread

Speaking of stadiums, there has been a talk of new Gamba stadium at Ibaraki city. The proposed location is walking distance from three stations, and it will be football-specific stadium plus it is next to a popular shopping complex Micheal Ibaraki. However, the stadium talk is still in early stage.

Click on the map for a larger image. The blue on the left hand side is the Banpaku and the other one is the proposed location. Yellow is the JR line, Red is the monorail, and Purple is Hankyu all with stations in square.

[​IMG]

2. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway

Shuvy: I've been waiting for this news! A club of Gamba's caliber shouldn't be playing in a crappy stadium like Banpaku, and with the backing of Panasonic they could build a fantastic stadium. Osaka already got a 50 000 seater in Nagai, and perhaps it would be smart not to make a "Panasonic Stadium" too big, as that would leave half the stadium empty. 40 000 sounds a good size, as then they could fill it for the bigger matches, and perhaps aim for 25 000 - 30 000 on normal matches. But too bad for Gamba that they are situated a bit outside the centre of Osaka, and normal Osakajins feel closer to Cerezo i think...

3. Ishikawa18

Ishikawa18 New Member

Oct 1, 2005
    Germany
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  4. Shizuoka

Shizuoka Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Shizuoka, Japan
    Club:
    Shimizu S Pulse
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Gamba really should be playing in an arena more suited to a team with trophy ambitions. Not been there, but the Bampaku looks pretty poor on TV etc.

Further to my above question about hints and tip for a Nissan first timer, I'm forming a plan in my head to hit Saitama for the Omiya away game later in the year. Have been doing my research online, but you can't beat advice from real fans, so if there's any Omiya fans on here (I know there are a couple!) who have any hints for hitting The Nack then I'd be grateful to hear from you. From what I've seen it looks like a slightly smaller version of Nihondaira, which is never a bad thing. :)

5. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Yhe talk is still in early stages. There is also a talk of building apartment complex as the location is well suited, but I have my fingers crossed.

As for Gamba not being in the Osaka-shi (city), many people from Kansai says that Gamba is an Osaka-fu (Prefectural) club and Cerezo is a club from Osaka-shi, just like Lazzio and Roma.

6. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Kobe Wing is beautiful, I have played futsal just outside and I will go for a game in June. I liked Nagai a lot too--perhaps because I went there ona sunny day. (The last time I saw Alemao... :(:(:()

A little gem: Fukui stadium: reminds a small English stadium, with the players a few meters from the stands (I saw there Sanga-Vegalta 5-1 last year).

7. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway

Yeah, if i move to Kansai next year I will definitely go to a few matches at Kobe Wing.

About Nagai, I really like it too :) The whole Nagai Koen, with all it's public facilities. I lived just 10 minutes from the Stadium in 2006 ( In Namba actually), and since Nagai was the nearest park, I often went there to play soccer. Damn, i miss Osaka:eek:

Im not sure if a trip to Nishikyogoku is a must-do though :p

Btw, were u there in 2006? At the 2-2 draw?

8. hifive redded

hifive redded Red Card

Apr 18, 2008
  9. Shizuoka

Shizuoka Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Shizuoka, Japan
    Club:
    Shimizu S Pulse
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Having now been there and done it, I was surprised how much noise 19000 could generate in such a colossal stadium. It was a lot better than I expected, although being stood right next to S-Pulse's samba band, it would have been hard not to have enjoyed the atmosphere! It still strikes me as weird that they play so many games there, though. It'd be like Fulham playing all their games at Wembley. It's almost like it's a status symbol having a ground bigger than Urawa's or something. It loses it's edge when there's 50000 empty seats every week though... :eek:

10. Shizuoka

Shizuoka Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Shizuoka, Japan
    Club:
    Shimizu S Pulse
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Right all you Omiya fans - I'm heading up to Saitama later this month and wondering if you have any hints for a first timer at The Nack stadium? It looks fairly straight forward to get to from Shizuoka, but any local knowledge or tips would be appreciated! Ta!

11. maguro-redded

maguro-redded Red Card

Sep 22, 2006
    Shizuoka, Japan
  12. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Gamba is currently looking at two sites for a new stadium. But to be honest the other site at Ibaraki-shi is better, just because it has better access -three train station are located near by and it also has a shopping complex right next to it.

13. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

+ 評判

I had that site bookmarked once. Glad to get it back.

For some reason I have liked Sagan Tosu Stadium, I'm not sure why. Maybe it's the layout inside.

14. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

bump

15. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

In four weeks I'll be there to check it out. It does look decent, as well as being handily right next to the station. It's just a shame the team isn't that good or that well supported. Then again, they do play in colours seldom seen outside of a chart testing for colour-blindness, which can't help.

16. Shizuoka

Shizuoka Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Shizuoka, Japan
    Club:
    Shimizu S Pulse
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Right! Next month I'm heading off from Shizuoka with 20000 others to that grand old lady of Japanese sport, the National Olympic Stadium. I'm set to buy my shinkansen tickets tomorrow, but before I do I'm checking if anyone has any hint or tips re: getting to the ground?

My plan is to shink it to Shinagawa, before taking the Yamanote Line to Yoyogi, and then changing to the Chuo-Sobu and going one stop to Sendagaya Station which, Wikipedia informs me, is where I want to be.

I'm far adverse to a 15 minute atmosphere-building walk to the ground however, so if Yoyogi Station isn't too far, I'd rather walk than cram on to a train packed with hundreds of other S-Pulse (and *shudder* maybe even or two Oita ;)).

Any other hints from those who have been to a cup final would be appreciated. The game's going to either sold out or else very close to it come November, so I'm expecting crowds!!

17. aiueo-redded

aiueo-redded Red Card

Feb 3, 2006
    Japan
  18. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Re: Who do you want to plunge in J2?

It is just as bad as Nishikyogoku, but at least the stadium in Kyoto is easy to reach.

19. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Re: Official 2008 J1 Thread - part III [R]

Hmm ard question, but surely we should have been good enough to gain promotion this season. IT's not too late yet though.

in attack we're really good, so that's not where the problem lies. We've scored nearly 80 goals so far, and conceded 60 or so. So obviously our problems is in defence. That might have something to do with culpi's tactics yeah, as he's very attacking-oriented. We've had some injuries to vital defenders as well, plus some of our defenders haven't exactly performed well. Only Maeda has been a stable performer in the back this season. Culpi have changed formation several times this season, but only now does it look as he've found one that suits Cerezo. He's changed to a 3-6-1 kind of formation, with 2 attacking midfielders in Kagawa and Inui lying just behind the sole striker (Kaio). In defence, Fujimoto has been brought back from the dead, and he's impressed so much that a big club like Oita are trailing him.

To sum it up it's a lil bit of everything i guess. If we don't get promoted, I fear the likes of Kagawa,Kaio,Kakitani,Furuhashi etc will leave, which would be a pity.

20. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway

oh, i forgot that one. There we have the bottom 3: Banpaku,Mizuho and Nishikyogoku. why won't kyoto build a new stadium? Nagoya got Toyota Stadium, which i predit they will use more and more every year as the attendance are seemingly rising for Nagoya. Gamba are planning a new, so then it's only Kyoto left among the J1 teams that has an outdated stadium.

21. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Kyoto Sanga wants a new stadium, most fans want one too, but there are a couple of huge problems:

1 - The team, yo-yoing from J1 to J2 attracts an average of 10-15,000 fans. Besides the true fans, Kyoto people are too proud to follow a team that is not a serious competitor for titles. Such a small audience does not justify a huge investment.

2 - Not much space left around Kyoto. Either the stadium would be built in the countryside (Uji?), or Kyoto will have to sacrifice one of its parks to it... Takaragaike, the Botanical garden park, or the one just North of the JR Station. Not easy.

I have very mixed feelings. First of all, I am attached to crappy Nishikyogoku. Many memories there... Second, it is 20m from where I live.

IMHO, the best thing would be to bulldoze Nishikyogoku, and to build there a 30,000 capacity stadium.

But really, this has been up in the air for some 5 years now... Bureaucracy moves slowly in Japan, even more in the old capital...

22. Ishikawa18

Ishikawa18 New Member

Oct 1, 2005
    Germany
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

NO, they can't! :eek:
    I plan to go there next year to watch a game!

23. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Then you'll probably be my guest, Ishi.

(Invitation extended to all non-Sanga fans traveling to Kyoto for J1 2009!!)

24. zappin

zappin Member

Jul 4, 2008
    Liverpool, UK
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing I love about Banpaku and I certainly cannot wait until we build our new stadium, but there's something about seeing a load of empty seats in a stadium that just doesn't sit right with me. I also despise the bowl shaped stadiums with running tracks, so I'm hoping that the club stick to their promises and deliver a nice traditional footie stadium, :cool:

Good luck with Ehime this weekend and pray that Sendai slip up, then we might just see if you really can avoid that spanking next season! ;)

25. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Problem with Toyota stadium is its middle of nowhere and getting to the stadium is very hard. If Toyota stadium was built in Nagoya, the clubs would have easily attracted 20k.