The J.League / JFL Stadiums Thread

Discussion in 'Japanese Club Football' started by The Truth Commission, Mar 4, 2006.

1. Pjdawa

Pjdawa Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    Shimizu to replace Nihondaira?

2. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Well Shimizu has stated that they want a new stadium when J-League implements stricter rules about roof. Aparently a new roof on Nihondaira cannot be done, so they are looking for a 20-25.000 seater just outside the Higashi Shizuoka station which is a big empty area. And let me guess with shimizu moving to Higashishizuoka the club probably renaming itself to Shizuoka S-Pulse.

The project is still a bit of a pipedream, but its an official project:
    http://www.gophoto.it/view.php?i=http://i.imgur.com/gPirh81.jpg#.UnFM5jBBmWw

3. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Haha, they do. But Sanfrecce is the current champion of J-League a J1 team

I really dislike their stadium btw :p

Lupin III repped this.
  4. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Haha, they do. But Sanfrecce is the current champion of J-League a J1 team

I really dislike their stadium btw, that running track and everything :p

Lupin III repped this.
  5. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Tokushima and Ehime also has running tracks :) luckily Tokushima also has some great plans for a stadium near the centre of city.

6. artml

artml Member

Liverpool FC
    Ukraine
    Jul 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #231 artml, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
    How many Japanese stadiums don't have running track?

In J1: Kashima, Urawa, Cerezo (Kincho), Júbilo, Kashiwa, Vegalta, S-Pulse, Ardilla, Sagan, Grampus (Toyota). Ten out of 20-22 regularly used stadia, or about a half.

In J2 it's much worse though: Vissel, JEF, Yamaga, Tochigi, Mitsuzawa in Yokohama – and that's probably it. Five out of 22-25 stadia, this is very low.

And among J3 newcomers only Parceiro will have a football-only stadium when it's built in 2015 (YSCC will play on Mitsuzawa that is already counted for Yokohama FC). So it will get even worse next year – 15 football stadiums for three professional divisions of 52 clubs, or a little more than a quarter, the majority of which is concentrated in top flight. No wonder J2 attendances are so low.

UPD: Added Toyota for Nagoya.

7. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    #232 Blue-San, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
    I know but Ehime needs a running track for their Mobsters and the Frog to pull pranks in the middle of the game. :p

Joke aside, I hate seeing running tracks on football pitch

Btw

- Nagoya has a football stadium

and Consadole one can be turned into one

8. artml

artml Member

Liverpool FC
    Ukraine
    Jul 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yep, Toyota has no running track, thanks for addition. I have never seen Consadole playing on "football-only" configuration though; there is always lots of space between the pitch and the stands at Sapporo Dome.

9. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    in J2 Tokushima, Yamagata, Kofu, Ehime, Nagasaki are moving towards stadiums with no running track in different paces though.Tochigi are even talking of a whole new stadium which also is football only (ironic actually).

Well in J3 Grulla, Hachinohe (wen and if they go there) are planning a football only stadium, Sagamihara are working on a plan to redevelop Asamizo, Kanazawa ... depemding, in Takamatsu big discussions both ways FC Ryukyu will have a football only stadium. YSCC will mainly use the other Mitsuzawa stadium, that one besides the one Yokohama FC is using and thats with running track.

I personally think that future J3 clubs will have mostly Football only facilities, because their requirements are so low that there start is basic and then they can build up from that.

10. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    That discussion about what sapporo dome is the most complicated and theoretical stadium discussion that can be made. On one side its a football only configuration with lots of space, on the other its a baseball configuration :coffee:

artml repped this.
  11. artml

artml Member

Liverpool FC
    Ukraine
    Jul 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    How far are those plans from reality though? Correct me if I'm wrong but the only real stadium development in recent years is Gamba's and for less extent in Kitakyushu. Everything else is a looooong way from shovels in the grounds.

As I understand, land costs in Japan are as high as the sky and J2 clubs simply cannot afford to build a stadium in a convenient (i.e. more or less downtown, or with good transportation links) location. And cities are not willing to spend public money for football-only stadia, preferring multi-purpose track & field arenas.

12. Pjdawa

Pjdawa Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    J2= Fukuoka - they may be debt-ridden but have no running track

Lupin III and artml repped this.
  13. Pjdawa

Pjdawa Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    Also Tottori...
    that's all for J2

14. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    OK I have decided to use some time to give an fast overview of the different projects in the pipe around Japan.

Gamba: All ready to build. Ready in 2015

Nagano: Initial works have starten, ready for 2015, still big discussions about the need and the budget among NIMBYS and in the local council.
    http://i.imgur.com/8j62tRg.jpg

Kitakyushu: The capacity has gone down from 20.000 to 15.000, one of the stands on the longside has been reduced to one tier. ready for 2017.
    http://i.imgur.com/3PPvoyi.jpg

Kyoto: The site to build the ground has been decided by Kyoto prefectural council. Rumours about some initial work at the Kameoka site is existing. However the site was flooded recently and people still wanting the Stadium within Kyoto City tries to problematise the flooding. Funding are beeing seeked right now, however its expected it will be built. Should be ready for 2017. Initial Capacity 25.000.
    http://i.imgur.com/rlcXvmJ.jpg

Yamagata: Yamagata City has proposed a stadium in city centre near the station, official fangroup are supporting the project, however a part of the supporters wants to keep Yamagata in Tendoh city so are Tendoh City. No timescale.
    http://i.imgur.com/Fz9SK9M.jpg

Shimizu wants to leave Nihondaira after 2020 when its expected to implement rules about roof on the stadiums.
    The plan is to move beside the Higashi Shizuoka station. Some people are arguing that even the area is virtually empty, theres still not space enough for the wanted stadium. Timescale after 2020.
    http://i.imgur.com/gPirh81.jpg

Hiroshima: Theres a large agreement that Hiroshima should have a new football only facility, one of the main reasons used are actually the traffic problems the Universiade makes when theres more than 12000 coming to the ground. 3 sites has been marked. The most wished site for a new stadium is the old Hiroshima Carp stadium site which is in the central of the city. However Hiroshima Carp fans and arguing that they were kicked out of the site, why put Sanfrecce in there, also some developers are saying the site is too important to build a football facility there. The two other sites both have the problem that they dont solve the traffic issues that are the main reason to leave Universiade. The city has made a working to discuss site, economy etc. Also Mayor wants more people to come to the stadium at the Universiade to build a new ground. However Local councils are backing the initial idea of a stadium with a Library and museum build in.
    http://i.imgur.com/2TvdKFE.jpg

Tokushima: Local buisnesses are petitioned for a plan to build a new stadium on the opposite end of Tokushima station, to spark life in the local city life, the plan is looking towards FC Basel and wants restaurants and shopping centres within. No initial timeframe, but the positive is its the local commerce life wanting the stadium and not the club. The snatch is they need to kick a sportshall and a kindergarden out of the site. No Timescale:
    http://long.2chan.tv/jlab-long/s/long1327678758638.jpg

Ehime: The idea to build a new stadium in Imabari City has been put to ice. Matsuyama city Mayor did not want to let Ehime leave the city since he sees Ehime as a chance to rebrand the city. The Imabari City did not want the stadium either, interestingly it was a proposal from the Baseball loving former Governor of Ehime.

Kofu: Are dreaming of a new stadium however they want it linked with the new mangnetic Shinkansen line thats supposed to run through the city. The timeframe for the Shinkansen is 2027.

Gunma: Theres initial plan of a new stadium for Thespa in Isezaki City, just beside the isezaki station.

Okinawa: On the site of the old US military base in Naha city theres a projects to build a football stadium for 20.000 ready for 2019. Mostly not for FC Ryukyu, but for other J-League clubs wanting to train offseason in Okinawa. However its difficult to imagine that FC Ryukyu wont try to get hands on the stadium. Pricetag 1.3 billion yen, money coming from the US government.
    http://i.imgur.com/gPozJof.jpg

Sagamihara: Together with a extension of the Odakyu Tamagawa line Sagamihara wanting a sport and cultural area with a new stadium.
    http://i.imgur.com/AZXGRCx.jpg

Hachinohe: To get into J3 Hachinohe has together with local council initial plans to build a new 5000 seater in the Taga area of Hachinohe.
    http://i.imgur.com/CcnApJN.jpg

nipponbasse83, naopon, Pjdawa and 4 others repped this.
  15. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Left these out

Tochigi has since 2010 pursued a stadium similar to Jef with 20.000-30.000 on the eastern side of Utsunomiya station buildin with the station and a new hotel. However this could be a pipedream.
    http://utsunomiya-station-arena.jimdo.com/

Kawasaki: We somehow always forgetting that Kawasakis home Todoroki are getting a new main stand and in phase 2 of the rebuilding the other 3 stands will be new. We probably always forget to mention it because it still will have running tracks.

artml repped this.
  16. artml

artml Member

Liverpool FC
    Ukraine
    Jul 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Wow, this is an awesome review. Thanks a lot Lupin!

17. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    indeed thank you really nice info

18. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
  19. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  20. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    OMG, that's ********ing amazing.

21. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Exept hey at its too expensive and they are working on a downgraded cheaper version, which Zaha Hadid has said no to.

It might end up being something completely different.

Also personally I dont like this design, and the only I can think of when wathcing this is a bike helmet.

22. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I am thinking alien lol But yeah give me 1 bil and I'll design something fantastic as well. If nothing else I ll make stripper pole street on the way to the stadium and sakura blossoms in fantastic shapes surrounding the place :ninja:

23. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Radu Razvan repped this.
  24. Pjdawa

Pjdawa Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    #249 Pjdawa, Dec 18, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
    [​IMG]
    the sign says 1st december but actually the works already started...:thumbsup:
    the 15th (past sunday) there was the groundbreaking ceremony

25. Pjdawa

Pjdawa Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka