The Introduction Thread (V)

Discussion in 'Introductions Board' started by ProfZodiac, Sep 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. honeylahari14

honeylahari14 New Member

Mar 6, 2012
  2. phils_4

phils_4 New Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Hi All, been posting on other forums for years and looking to get into Big Soccer. I am a Leeds United Fan and have been a season ticket holder forever. Lets hope Leeds get promoted into the Premiership this season!

Cheers

3. stevepidge

stevepidge New Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Greetings all!!

Soccer... or football as you Brits like to call it :) has always been a very interesting sport. However, growing up in the rural south in Northern Florida, soccer was never a mainstay beyond youth leagues. I played feverishly for 3 years and was a very successful striker scoring 8 goals in one match lol. However, after the age of 12 there were no further options to continue development in the beautiful game. Where I come from in north florida at the time, early nineties American football was the rage of my community.

In fact our small town of 8k built a stadium for our 4 time straight state champion team that could support up to 7k spectators. However, over the years something strange started happening, soccer has began to replace American football as the sport of choice for youngsters in the community and pickup games between Mexican immigrants and Americans happen regularly at the various parks. European football is on the rise, our youth are engaged and passionate about the sport and the talent pool once split is beginning to show out on the pitch. I have great faith in our athletes and believe firmly that in the next 10 years the world will be shocked at what we have accomplished.

Points of note:

1. Our school system which is the natural progression system in american sports is now fully sponsoring traveling teams from ages 6 - 17.

2. When I was in school my high school did not even have a team much less a minor club for soccer.

3. Now our soccer team rivals the american football team in terms of participation and attendance.

4. This is a small community that traditionally would have shunned soccer like a leper no less than 15 years ago. I am talking about a community that is the bible belt of american football and a prime recruiting area for such athletes.

Something is brewing in the USA and the world is going to be surprised, I sure as hell am!

4. PaisleyPumpkin

PaisleyPumpkin New Member

Mar 8, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi, Paisley here.

I have been reading the Big Soccer threads for a long time, but I just got an account.

5. _LMG_10_

_LMG_10_ Member

Mar 9, 2012
    Hi All,

I just signed up to the forums, I'm from Canada.

6. Pursey

Pursey New Member

Mar 10, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Hello Guys! I am a Australian but I love international Football! I like the English Premier league and following Minnows up the ranks. I also play alot of Football Manager so expect me to be talking about it.

7. Ziobeo

Ziobeo New Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Club:
    12 de Octubre
    Hello all, My name is Ziobeo and am a great fan of Soccer. Love to watch every match. I also own Rachel Stubbs and Associates. Click on the link below.

what is a probate

8. gabyvlaicu

gabyvlaicu New Member

Mar 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  9. chriso11

chriso11 Member

Sep 17, 2011
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    greetings my fellow worshipers :)

10. Burkina2008

Burkina2008 New Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Hello, Im 26 from Lisbon,

I am a professional trader and punter

Greetings to all

11. cherrysecurity

cherrysecurity New Member

Mar 18, 2012
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Hi I'm new here. Name's Grant from London. Will be posting in the collectors area as have some old Shoot! magazines for sale.

12. SportingRams

SportingRams New Member

Mar 18, 2012
    Manhattan, Kansas
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    New to the sport. Wasn't too long ago I was ridiculing it infact. But Sporting's run in the playoffs last year and my subsequent research of English football brought me to Derby County. Past 3 months I've been following them avidly, though it definitely hasn't been pretty for a lot of it but I'm definitely hooked.

13. ac05

ac05 New Member

Mar 19, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey everyone, I just recently found the site and am so happy I did! Being a soccer fan in Texas can be pretty lonely but I love the community that exists here.

I've been a soccer fan my whole life, but only a casual one until the last few years. My mother is a Spaniard so I've followed Real Madrid from a distance since I can remember as most of my family in Spain are Madridistas.

Several years ago I became more interested in the sport and that came to fruition during the 2010 World Cup. I watched practically every match and fell deeply in love with the sport that for years was a casual interest to me. I quickly became a fan of my hometown Houston Dynamo MLS team and began to follow them along side Real Madrid.

I also became interested in following the EPL after the 2010 WC. Rather than arbitrarily picking a team to follow, I figured I would let one pick me. I said I started off saying I didn't want to pick a top 4 club. After all, I already like one of the biggest clubs in the world. Yet, after the Torres signing I become fond of Chelsea (even in my casual days I was a fan of Torres due to his play on the Spanish NT) and for whatever reason I found myself always rooting for them. I fought it for a while, but eventually figured that was the club that was picking me (I tried to root for a variety of others but it felt fake and superficial) so I finally let myself support Chelsea and it's been that way ever since.

I'm sure some people here will call me a plastic fan and that's fine. Being both a RM and Chelsea fan, especially with both having pretty large groups of people who despise them, I open myself up to it. It doesn't bother me. I know who I support and that I'm not just in it because they are successful. All three of my clubs "picked" me.

I look forward to the discussion with everyone here!

14. Allenz

Allenz New Member

Mar 20, 2012
    People don't generally look forward to getting life insurance but it doesn't have to be a terrible or excruciating process.

Unfortunately, while death is the most unpleasant of subjects, it is also the one certainty we all face. We all hope we can leave this life on our own terms but should the unimaginable happen, life insurance can help cushion death's blow and ease the burden left on surviving loved ones. In this way, you can rest assured with peace-of-mind that your family members will be provided for after you're gone.

That is the essential function of life insurance: protecting your family's financial well-being in the event of your untimely demise.

When shopping for a life insurance policy, you will quickly find there are many different policies from which to choose. Different insurance companies often offer rates that differ greatly and it pays to shop carefully for the lowest premiums, excellent customer service, and a strong financial reputation. Type of life insurance that suits your situation best depends on your personal and financial circumstances.

You will want to take your family and personal situation in account. For example, if you have children who are grown and independent, you will not need to purchase as much coverage as if you have children who are still young and rely upon you. Also, if your spouse has a job and is generally financially strong, this could also mean you need less coverage.

You will want to carefully consider policy details and if possible you should purchase coverage for a 12-month period rather than month-to-month. Doing so allows you avoid fees.

Make sure you look into a cash-value policy which gives you opportunities to invest or borrow money. This can be a good alternative but more expensive to term-life, which simply pays out to your survivors when you die.

Age old pupil and those not in the best of health had to pay steeply higher rates for life insurance. Sooner getting insured will lead to lower life insurance rates. So buy as early as you can, but don't buy until you have dependents.

Know all truths about life insurance before you buy only at Carfinance.Org!

Carfinance.org streamlines the decision process and gives you a library of life insurance information designed to help you avoid mistakes and have a reasonable grasp on how life insurance functions. We think you should know as much as possible so you can make informed policy choices.

So what are you waiting for? Carfinance.org is here to help you find the life insurance policy that best fits you and your personal situation while remaining affordable. Get started now and sleep well at night knowing your family and loved ones will be provided for no matter what happens!

Get a Life Insurance quote Today! Carfinance.Org helps you compare cheap life Insurance Quotes from around a 100 policies from all over America (USA) and you can choose the best one that has great value and coverage.

15. Roberdima

Roberdima New Member

Mar 15, 2012
    Hello, I´m from Spain.

I'm new in this great forum. I'm forward in a little soccer team in Madrid, in C.I.B. Athletic, we have a blog with ours news.
    The link is http://cibathletic.blogspot.com.es/ is a blog ;).

And I'm the Sheriff of North ;).

Greetings to all

16. korvus

korvus New Member

Mar 19, 2012
  17. Jamesmathew04

Jamesmathew04 New Member

Mar 14, 2012
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    hi,
    Im james n i live in dubai

18. Roberdima

Roberdima New Member

Mar 15, 2012
    Hi James!!
    Nice to meet u

19. Roberdima

Roberdima New Member

Mar 15, 2012
    Hi Korvus!!

Nice to meet u

20. RjBass

RjBass Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi i'm Rj from Kansas City. I'm new to the site here after hearing about it in passing from some other people.

21. Eileen36

Eileen36 New Member

Mar 15, 2012
    [​IMG]I used to be a semi-professional soccer player in a semi-professional Greek team.

22. mbadeng

mbadeng New Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Hi! I am John Kate! A fan of Barcelona soccer! I like messi very much. The way he play is intoxicating.

23. aaksocer12

aaksocer12 New Member

Mar 22, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Hi all,

I'm new to big soccer.

Please "Like" the following page advocating for Grassroot Soccer, a non-profit organization using the power of soccer to spread HIV/AIDS awareness. Thanks in advance!

http://www.facebook.com/JWUGrassrootSoccer

24. BooBooBear01

BooBooBear01 New Member

Mar 22, 2012
    Club:
    Aberdeen FC
    Hi there,
    I am new on here and have a question for all the European soccer fans...Was there ever a player in Europe (I have no idea who he played for which prob does not help!) with the last name Dalgary or Delgary or something similar?
    Thanks guys!

25. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    [​IMG]
    Dugarry of France maybe ?