The Introduction Thread (V)

Discussion in 'Introductions Board' started by ProfZodiac, Sep 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Damn. This has become a spam thread :eek:

2. ProfZodiac

ProfZodiac Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm on it.

3. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Good :)

4. maldini_mo

maldini_mo Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Montreal
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Hey I'm Remo
    I've been following the forums for a while now and decided to join
    Im 17 and live in Montreal.

5. afra123

afra123 New Member

Dec 16, 2009
    hello i m afra

6. SoccerGuyLA

SoccerGuyLA New Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Hello.

I am new to Big Soccer. I have tickets to the group stages at World Cup 2010. My friend and I are going to Brasil's group games in Johannesburg and Durban. The problem... Hotel rooms are very expensive. We want to stay in the city near the stadiums and fan zones so we are looking for a couple other people (preferably from Los Angeles) who also tickets to Brasil's group games and want to split a hotel. If you any one in interested please email me.

SGLA

7. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    lucky bastard :)

8. MokBull

MokBull New Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Denver, UFA (yes)
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I also find it interesting how two groups of people can split an entire hotel, especially in prime soccer season.

Anyway, I am what you'd call "difficult" -- for a number of reasons.

9. BirriaBum

BirriaBum New Member

Dec 30, 2009
    USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hello. New to the forum. About me: I played in college and recently graduated to the local men's league. I'd like to take this opportunity to say go USA and that Barcelona is the greatest team ever assembled. Thank you that is all.

10. bananagrabbers

bananagrabbers New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi all:

My name is John, and I found this site through browsing the backlog of EPL Talk. I played soccer as a child, and have always liked it but never found myself following anything but World Cups.

Mostly, while I find all of the sports I watch to be beautiful/interesting/etc., I think they're generally lifeless without a good atmosphere. So while the MLS never took with me, I've spent the last year following the Premier League. I became interested after a trip to London this Spring -- my first day there was the date of the Champions League Final between Manchester United and Barcelona. The city was alive with buzz, and as we wandered the streets that night many of the pubs literally spilled out onto the streets from the crowds watching.

It would have seemed like a scene from a movie if I weren't experiencing it firsthand.

So, I started following the teams and reading about the league. I've taken a liking to Spurs, but I'm really enjoying watching whatever matches I can. The Portsmouth-Liverpool match a few weeks back was fantastic, for instance.

Anyways, I wanted to pop my head in and say hi. If I'm not too intimidated, perhaps you'll see me around in some other threads.

11. Galo Vingador

Galo Vingador Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Belo Horizonte
    Club:
    Atletico Belo Horizonte
    Hi!

I'm a brazilian guy and love soccer ever since I'm alive.
    I'm a passionate Atlético Mineiro (Galo) supporter (all Atletico Mineiro supporters are passionates, I guess) and I'm going this month to Nanjing, China for work.

Hope to find someone who can speak in english to help me there.

Thanks!
    =D

12. BigML

BigML New Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Hello!

Soccer wagering maniac aboard! :cool:

13. ThePeacock

ThePeacock New Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Ohio
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey everyone.. ! My name is Shane and im a huge fan of the beautiful game.. Just want to meet some cool people and talk football..

14. nottscounty1862

nottscounty1862 New Member

Jan 7, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Hello, my name's Josh. I support the worlds oldest football league club Notts County and go to all the home and away games!

SUPER NOTTS

15. auntcarrie4

auntcarrie4 New Member

Jan 7, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hey guys. I am the wife of a HUGE soccer fan and I've made this video to try to help him get to the World Cup this year. Please check it out!
    www.davelovessoccer.blogspot.com

16. Ronaldo Arpexhad

Ronaldo Arpexhad New Member

Jan 9, 2010
    Bendigo
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    G'day everyone. I look forward to being able to follow the game at a different level.

I have followed the English Premier League for over 15 years - albeit from a distance. Results, hightlights and major news are easy enough to come by, but what I do find difficult to keep track of are many of the comings & goings - especially mid-week, as they won't be on the weekly wrap-up we can watch here on TV.

Can anyone point me to a reliable source of key info such as player injuries, team selections and transfers? For instance, when Robinho or Torres were out of the team, I wouldn't have had a clue how far they were off from playing, or even when they returned as we just don't have that info in our news reports or daily papers.

17. RJpooch

RJpooch Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am new here, but you probably could tell from all of the other posts saying "Hi, Im new."

I am living in Cleveland, OH, an trying to find other soccer fans in the area.

I have rekindled my love for the game, after over 10 years of casual observation, thanks in part to my niece's traveling team needing some help at practice.

I'm glad to be back, I never realized how much was missing.

—RJ

18. DudsBro

DudsBro Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hello all at BigSoccer

I'm Thomas, been been playing soccer for about 10 years, and started reffing 4 years ago, and that has become my main focus point. The great advantage about being a youth referee is that everyone tries to find opportunities for you, instead of having to find them yourself. I'm hoping to carry refereeing as far as I can.

I am an avid fan of Manchester United (who doesn't love winning :) ), as well as the English national team. Come June, I will most definatley be glued to the TV for all of their games.

Just to say hello. You probably won't see me much outside of the referee section.

19. chill-it

chill-it New Member

Jan 13, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hi all,

Lee in West London

Long time supporter of Ipswich Town -watched first live game in 1982. Have followed them round the UK and Europe. Hoping that Roy Keane gets things sorted out and we can make a run at the play-offs.

Sometimes go and watch Fulham play and enjoy their team spirit and playing style.

Went to several group games of several teams in the WC in 1998, Euro 2000 and went to Arg vs Mexico (amazing game and atmosphere) and Brazil vs Ghana in 2006.

I love the WC and interested in all the qualifying rounds and world tournaments.

Just had a baby boy so will be an armchar fan for 2010.

Love Big Soccer as it is not drenching in the one eyed English league/team bias the UK based sites have.

See you on the forums!

20. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    Hello, everyone. My name is Jerry and I live in Langhorne, PA, which is just outside of Philadelphia.

I've never been to a soccer match and I never really played (other than in P.E.) the game. I actually only got interested last year when I got a soccer game for my PS2 as part of a package. I wanted to try it out, and I absolutely fell in love with it. It became addicting as I played the game almost every day. I chose Juventus FC because I went on vacation to Italy and I loved the country and culture so much, and because Juventus starts with the letter J like in my first name. (Pathetic, no?)

I know almost nothing about soccer, but I want to learn about it. When playing the game all I did was try to run really fast and get a breakaway to score. After watching a match on TV, this is obviously not how to play the game. There were also a lot of things that I didn't understand and why they happened. I decided that I wanted to be a fan of Juventus, so I did a lot of research on them and tried to learn as much of their history as I could. That's how I found this site. Anyway, I'm really eager to learn more about the game, how it's played, and why it's so popular. I look forward to learning more about the game you all love, so I can love it too!

21. ibiubu

ibiubu New Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Hi all,

Just joined, but started to check out the site last fall as the MLS cup was winding up and recently because of the CBA & WC.

Thought that I might get some insight on how to afford the inflated SA prices and while nothing in particular worked for our particular situation it gave us hope that there was a way that we could afford to travel to the first 3 US games for which we had some tickets. Made some progress this week and booked a chalet at the Hartbeespoort Dam and rented a car.

Anybody know how Donovan's doing with Everton?

22. shankly31

shankly31 New Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    hi all,

i'm radit from jakarta. I'm a big fan of liverpool, NY/NJ Metrostars (RIP) and FC Barcelona.

I play soccer and futsal, and i also collect club jerseys from all over the world.

I used to play for Secaucus FC when I lived in NJ around early 21st century, not a very good in competition but i can say people in the team are very bonded to each other.

cheers

23. One Goal

One Goal New Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Add the One Goal crew as a friend to get linked up with exclusive footage of USA World Cup fans this summer.

Check out the trailer for the documentary, "One Goal: Road to South Africa"

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AS5XG7oyvpc"]YouTube- One Goal: Road to South Africa[/ame]

One Goal.
    To Win the World Cup.

24. arunkumarrr

arunkumarrr New Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Hi all, This is Arun from India.. My favourite club is Arsenal..

25. jasper1996

jasper1996 New Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Tooradin
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    hi my names jasper and im from australia

im new to soccer so can any1 please help me. (read my signature)