Injury Thread or: "They stretch hamstrings, don't they?"

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by poopoobigelow, Oct 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This may be why we aren't seeing Kelly more:
    Kelly has a problem with his leg, it swells up everytime after he plays. The club as of yet don't know what it is

2. LiverpoolFanatic

Liverpool FC, Philadelphia Union
    Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Cody667

Cody667 Member+

May 10, 2010
    Sudbury, ON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think we should recall Andre Wisdom.

kick96 repped this.
  4. kick96

kick96 Member

Nov 10, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    There's some talk of Allen not travelling with the squad due to a knock, Only on the echo and another small website though.

5. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I heard that, too. Apparently on 15 of the first team squad are available-- the rest will be sprogs.

6. kick96

kick96 Member

Nov 10, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Yep, Ibe and Sama on the bench. Beats sending him out and just making a knock a bigger problem with the derby in a few days.

7. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  8. Cody667

Cody667 Member+

May 10, 2010
    Sudbury, ON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Getting Joe Allen back feels kinda like a new signing with how beat up our midfield is. Not to mention, he's so different from Hendo, Gerrard, and Coutinho that he can change the shape of our midfield if we need to do that. Feels good to have a strong option off the bench again.

9. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  10. Cody667

Cody667 Member+

May 10, 2010
    Sudbury, ON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    can't wait to have Agger back to push Kolo to the bench.

11. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    At key stages in the last four weeks, the absences of Agger and Enrique have keenly been felt, and, now that we know, a fully fit Glen Johnson.

12. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Johnson may have a hard job to take the position from Flanno

MetroChile repped this.
  13. AndSomeAreAngels

Jun 7, 2003
    Brokelyn
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Flanno's job should be safe. I think it's actually Cissokho that Gleninho is going to have to work to beat for playing time.

14. LiverpoolFanatic

Liverpool FC, Philadelphia Union
    Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Flanno is looking better and better all the time. I could see him marauding up and down the flank for years in Red. Perhaps he's the next Carra or Stevie in terms of coming through the system and staying at LFC for his entire career.

That would be awesome.

USvsIRELAND repped this.
  15. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    as brendan noted in his presser - and others have noted - Sterling, Sturridge, Henderson, Coutinho - all 24 and younger.

Throw in Flanno, Wisdom (who has already shown he can play in the PL at a high level), Ibe, Kelly (yes even him as a bench option), Suso, Alberto, Robinson, Teixera (who people rave about), Rossiter, etc.

-- We have some really nice young talent.

USvsIRELAND repped this.
  16. Cody667

Cody667 Member+

May 10, 2010
    Sudbury, ON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Plus Andre Wisdom is having a very strong loan spell, which means he's gonna be in our plans next year. No need to get a RB, and a LB is only necessary if Enrique isn't going to make a full recovery, because if he'll getvback to 100% then we can just make Cissokho permanent for cheap as our backup LB. I'd consider selling Martin Kelly to a mid-table side, and roll with Glen, Flanno, Wisdom on the right, and Enrique, Cissokho, Robinson on the left next year.

Spend our money on another winger and the midfield.

17. B.A.

B.A. Member+

Sep 12, 2007
    IL
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its time to convert him to a center back. He has the size.

kick96 repped this.
  18. Cody667

Cody667 Member+

May 10, 2010
    Sudbury, ON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah but Agger and Skrtel should still have at least another 2 good years left in them, Sakho is only what? 24? and from all accounts, Ilori is going to be one hell of a player. I guess we could convert him, however I don't see where he'll get the game time to adjust. I think making sure Sakho and Ilori settle in as our long term CB replacement pairing next season is far more important.

If we can pull it off during the offseason though and it works out, we won't have to re-sign or replace Toure.

19. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think there is merit in having a deep and wide squad. If he's good for a mid-table team, then he'd be a good squad player for us. I think injuries have held back his development but he's not a busted flush, yet.

20. AndSomeAreAngels

Jun 7, 2003
    Brokelyn
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He showed promise in his debut. Since then it's been one injury after the other. I respect what he's given to the club and wish him the best, but if we're honest there's really no place for him at Liverpool.

Wingtips1 repped this.
  21. kick96

kick96 Member

Nov 10, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I still think he's got what it takes, just RB doesn't seem right for him. He's got some good height on him and is pretty strong defensively but going forward, he doesn't offer very much at all.

22. Cody667

Cody667 Member+

May 10, 2010
    Sudbury, ON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's not that we doubt his ability. He's a talented player, but he just can't stay healthy, and he's been having issues achieving 100% fitness all season long. If we're moving on to bigger aspirations next year, it would be very difficult to rely on Kelly as one of our squad players. We've got 3 young defenders who are capable of being squad players coming back from loans this summer. With Wisdom returning and Johnson getting healthy this summer, Kelly would be 4th choice RB, and if we made him a CB, assuming we re-sign Kolo or look at a different cheap veteran option to be the #4 guy, he'd be the #5 CB. He can't be the #4 himself because of how injury-prone he is. We wouldn't be willing to take that risk.

Wingtips1 repped this.
  23. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Pretty sure Toure signed a two year deal.

24. Cody667

Cody667 Member+

May 10, 2010
    Sudbury, ON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well that confirms it, and with Ilori coming back, there's really no room for Kelly at CB.

I mean, he can be the #6 CB or the #4 RB. It'd be best for both parties if he moved on.

Wingtips1 repped this.
  25. kick96

kick96 Member

Nov 10, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia