The Injury Thread ** 2015/16 Edition **

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Aug 27, 2012.

1. iGiallorossi

iGiallorossi Member+

Oct 4, 2010
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Did the Napoli player (Dzemali?) connect with Strootman?

2. Warman

Warman Member+

Aug 28, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Words cant describe how bad I feel for Kevin. It seems surreal that such a devastating injury could happen to such a warrior. All I can say is I'm wishing him a healthy recovery and that he comes back a stronger player than he was. I believe that such a great and talented young player like Kevin is destined to be one of the greatest players ever before he hangs up his boots, and I'm convinced he still will be. FORZA KEVIN!

ASRomaUSA repped this.
  3. Lameelaa

Lameelaa Member

Mar 3, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    god damn it such a shame now we need anothet back up for ninja
    well machines do break down if you over use them it happens.
    if kevin is loyal and if de rossi doesnt learn to behave like the futro captian he is we should give the arm band to stroots

4. Goduerza

Goduerza Member+

Jun 13, 2008
    Bulgaria
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I still feel like shit because of this.

5. zako

zako Member+

May 11, 2006
    Tbilisi, Georgia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    He injured his R knee during NT duties, so completely unrelated to this injury...

6. ChargersNo8

ChargersNo8 Member

May 28, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I finally got to watch the match last night. Woke up and still feel terrible for Kevin. He's a much bigger loss than the defeat.

I agree with whoever said the med staff should be fired (the sentiment anyways). I'm just in my second year of studying kinesiology and it was clear to me he shouldn't have been on the field. So idk what our pros were thinking !? After he first went down he was clearly injured. When he was briefly back on, I kept saying out loud "get him off" and was really afraid he was going to further injure himself and then... :(.

7. ChargersNo8

ChargersNo8 Member

May 28, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    He was injured planting his foot after the collision so I agree. Often one injury leads to another though (see Lamela).

8. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
  9. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
  10. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not in the sense that you got the impression there was malice. It was just a little bit bullish, and he definitely "helped" Strootman fall. I wonder if Strootman trying to go back out was the nail in the coffin. He looked like he probably had strained it at first, but when planted and cut, it looked like he took it from a minor injury to a major one. I think it's probably a fail on the part of the player and the training staff though.

As a trainer, you're only as good as what your player is telling you, and if it was just a minor tweak at first, you probably wouldn't be able to tell that there was instability. If the player says he's fine, there's no way the trainer is going to overrule him and face the wrath of the coach.

11. SeiUnica

SeiUnica Member

Nov 4, 2012
    Medical staff did terrible job on evaluating his injury. First of all, they didn´t do anything when Strootman was lying in agony. Second of all, he was back on the pitch almost immidiately after he was carried on the sidelines. They didn´t test his knee, but drew a conclusion it wasn´t as serious, because it was the other knee than the one injured with NT. Third of all, they should have learned from Destro-case not to risk anykind knee injury even if player is willing to play. They were the one responsible of Destro´s relapse.

ChargersNo8 and ASRomaUSA repped this.
  12. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Verratti for Pjanic isn't sounding like such a bad deal now.

13. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    If he thinks Juventus is a step back, do you really think we have a chance to sign him? :rolleyes:

Roma_NY repped this.
  14. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think more often than not, things become misconstrued with reporters, in addition to word-for-word translations.

Anything would be a step-back for him, he's right. PSG are the most impressive team in the world right now. However, don't even underestimate the importance of a decent bowl of spaghetti.

15. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    PSG are the most overrated team on the planet, they have never beaten a great or even very good team in the CL or league since they became rich, even though they were good vs Barca. This year as well as last they had ridicoulously easy groups

16. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From the official Roma website
    http://www.asroma.it/en/news/strootman_medical_report_3/18/2014/

17. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
  18. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, and no news is good news at this point. The next big hurdle after surgery is always praying that no infections develop in the knee because the healing process doesn't begin until after infections are cleaned out.

19. ChargersNo8

ChargersNo8 Member

May 28, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    tmontana52 and GamE_Ove12 repped this.
  20. ASRomaUSA

ASRomaUSA Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Sciacca, Agrigento
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  21. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    I think Balzaretti's season is over. Don't think he'll return soon.

22. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    A couple of weeks ago he was supposed to be back but in his 1st training he felt pain again and went back to USA for the doctor. Since then we haven't heard anything from him.

23. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fixed

shiboboo repped this.
  24. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Roma received another blow as scans revealed centerback Mehdi Benatia will be out 4-6 weeks after straining his rectus femoris. It is unknown if Benatia will return before the end of season but Roma are unlikely to rush him back due to Champions League football being nearly guaranteed for next season.

25. porreca

porreca Member+

Jan 17, 2010
    UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That's crap, but looking on the positive side of things, this will give Toloi and Romagnoli a good trial by fire to see if they are up to standards for next year when with 3 competitions running simultaneously they will be getting a lot more play time and we need to make sure they've got the mettle for it.

Though Benatia is a lion, and is one of the best defenders in Europe and I will miss him like Hell, now, before the summer mercato, is the best time to see what our backups are made of.

I don't know what it is, but I have good faith in Toloi... He has a certain eagle-eyed look on his face so I can't wait to see him play.

Salmeen10 repped this.