The I heart Di Maria Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by raven3k, Jun 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    Di Maria's first season he was adjusting to the league and new playing responsibility, overall a good season. His second season was fantastic, the third he was wildly inconsistent and let's be real he "crossed" Mou which made cerrtain people lose all objectivity in sdiscussing him and this year he has been pretty steady. "Overall" he has been quite good in the big picture compared to someone like Benzy as example. His playing style (high risk but high reward) makes him pretty polarizing though and as a result the middle ground with him is lost when discussing him.

2. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Angel can be wildly inconsistent with his decision-making (which has gotten much better as of late to my eyes), but his class, skill, pace, raw talent, and energy is undeniable. I say that as someone who thought signing him was a colossal waste of some €40m as an unproven player from an inferior league. I think he can continue to transform into a world-class box-to-box midfielder.

3. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I think Ancelotti just found a way to exploit his best attributes. He isn't the best decision maker near the opponents goal, but he is pretty damn good in midfield due to his energy, pace and quickness.

Sometimes it takes the right influence imo.

4. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    One of the best players of the season. Love him and he deserves all the praise in the world. Strange how he has so few genuine fans, when he's such an exciting player.

5. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    Said the guy who said we should've sold Di Maria instead of Kaka this summer. This is good stuff :D

6. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    This years Di Maria is a shocker. But still i miss Ozil.:cry:

7. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Happy to see finally Dimaria is getting much awaited appreciation from RM fans... :)

Lyra repped this.
  8. RoyalWhites

RoyalWhites Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Give me Di Maria's foot over Ozil.

9. jeremy123

jeremy123 Red Card

May 22, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Di Maria has more assists in the league than any other player in any of the European Leagues. He tops the table.

I hate reading some of the posts on this thread. So much disrespect for this truly amazing player. So many complaints about his decision making or other nonsense comments.

I won't even mention his defensive abilities. This man is the "player of the season"

PURE HEART AND SOUL

Lyra repped this.
  10. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007
    I love this guy. He has been a revalation since being repurpossed by Ancelotti. So glad we kept him, instead of Ozil.

Zidane05 and Álvaro Morata repped this.
  11. Ssr9

Ssr9 Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mali
    Someone hand Angel a new contract ASAP. What a player. Completely selfless.

12. WhiteBlood

WhiteBlood BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
    I was pissed when we sold Ozil instead of him, but Ozil would not have been able to give us what DiMaria has this season.

Good on him.

CivilProtection, 4x4s and Minduchio repped this.
  13. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    [​IMG]

That's a beautiful scene, I was skeptical in including Di Maria in the MF of a 4-3-3 but it's nice to see these two getting the result of believing in each other, jest one more game to go!

Lyra, Crimson, MadridFan22304 and 4 others repped this.
  14. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Me too. He was wonderful yesterday, very disciplined. Did get out of position a couple of times, but Ronaldo tracked back to cover.

15. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Thanks Carlos for getting our angel in good shape for WC :)

16. jeremy123

jeremy123 Red Card

May 22, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Tops the assist table in La Liga
    Tops the assist table in the Champions league

It's not all just heart and soul and fight and defensive abilities. This man is probably our most creative player too. One of the best crossers in the game, amazing cross-field xabi-like passes, through-balls, skills...everything.

I won't be surprised if he is one of the best players in the world cup.

Must never be sold. One of the lowest paid players here. It's about time he gets a pay rise for everything he does for this club.

Ssr9 and Hendrix22 repped this.
  17. Minduchio

Minduchio Member+

Jul 20, 2003
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Yes, I am in the same camp, amazing season for an amazing player, though I would rather have them both.:)

18. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    You turn me on when you're man enough to admit you were wrong :p

Minduchio repped this.
  19. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I wonder if he'll be sold in the summer; between him, Modric and Isco, I feel there's a surplus player in that group if we go for a physical CM.

20. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    At this point I'm operating under the assumption that Angel is gone this summer because his value is peaking and I think Isco is being groomed to take over that role. I sure hope not, though. I think he can be a world-class box-to-box mid.

Zidane05 repped this.
  21. dipluso

dipluso Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    CT
    I have the exact same feeling.

22. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I think people are overrating him a tad too much. Big player, but can be replaced, and with the money he brings in you can bring a proper midfielder. The past few games covered up our weaknesses in the midfield.

sleepyvato50, 9Qui and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  23. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    I agree completely. The same goes for Coentrao, Benzema and even Pepe for me. I wouldn't necessarily be looking to sell, but I'd listen to offers should a big one come in.

MadridFan22304 repped this.
  24. Romanero

Romanero Member+

Oct 28, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    this sounds so weird :ROFLMAO:

25. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013