The I heart Di Maria Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by raven3k, Jun 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    That's what he needs to understand. He doesn't need to. He gets himself out of position and stretches the team out by just chasing the ball instead of understanding his role sometimes.

surgeon, Akramzizou and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  2. Vector-SS

Vector-SS Member+

Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I wouldn't call him hero just yet, but the effort he puts out on the pitch is hero-like :D

3. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It is necessary that he does that. Most of all because his attacking impact would diminish if it wasn't so, but also because the other two don't cover enough ground plain and simple.

4. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    You don't need to cover every inch of ground. There needs to be a positional understanding. The build up to the first goal yesterday for example all started because he took himself out of position to pressure Xavi near the halfway line, and it caused a domino effect of players getting out of position to cover the spaces left open. You don't need to be constantly chasing the ball. There needs to be an understanding of when to closed down and when to hold back and close the passing lanes.

5. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The midfield role we're asking Di Maria to play requires a kind of discipline and understanding that can't always be made up for with a workhorse engine. Maybe he can learn the finer points of the role but only time will tell. However, I'd prefer if we just got someone more suited instead of trying to convert Angel.

9Qui, Ahmadi8 and Madrid_1902 repped this.
  6. MadridFan22304

MadridFan22304 Member+

Apr 26, 2012
    DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was amazing yesterday. Like he was on speed or something. Obviously had the golazo to open up the floodgates as well, but from the opening kickoff he was simply amazing.

Lyra, natenate101 and Hendrix22 repped this.
  7. jeremy123

jeremy123 Red Card

May 22, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    In my opinion "the player of the season". Outstanding. Severely underrated.

19 assists this season already. I wouldn't swap him for anyone. Viva el fideo!

I hope ppl start to really appreciate how great this guy is for us.

Deep Pal, Castillas and Hendrix22 repped this.
  8. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It would be really sad if Di Maria leaves our team. He makes any team better.

jeremy123 repped this.
  9. Castillas

Castillas Member+

May 4, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The one thing that worries me is that Di Maria is very inconsistent. So if we take his latest game as an excellent performance, the law of Di Maria states that the next game he will suck balls. I sincerely hope he proves me wrong.

10. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I understand where your coming from, this was much more true when he was playing on the right wing. In his new midfield role he has been much, much more consistent in my opinion.

zohee and MadridFan22304 repped this.
  11. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's a key player. I think the Dortmund stinker was because he was sick before. If we win over Barca, I bet my house he will be in the center of it.

12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think that's pretty obvious. We need the best edition of Di Maria.

13. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    He's going to be the center of it either way. He's either one of the best players on the pitch, or just a horror show. And he's been so much more of the former this year.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  14. jeremy123

jeremy123 Red Card

May 22, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sorry man that is nonsense. Most consistent player in the team this season. I think he has more assists than anyone else in Europe. When he doesn't assist...he is tirelessly working for the team. He never gives up.

15. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We have won games over Barca before where he had an average offensive contribution, although his defensive work has been crucial. But with Ronaldo out, he will need to be on his creative best, because I can't see Benzema or Bale carrying the burden of Ronaldo alone.

16. jeremy123

jeremy123 Red Card

May 22, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think this perception of Di Maria is false. Apart from last season when everyone was awful, he has been immense for us. One of the best signings in the last few years.

You will value him eventually.

Hendrix22 repped this.
  17. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    1. It's not perception, it's the truth. That's just his style of play.

2. Value him eventually? Unlike some fickle fans here, I don't change my opinions on players or the team based on one or two games. I've always valued what he brings to the team.

18. jeremy123

jeremy123 Red Card

May 22, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Every player is inconsistent. Zidane was inconsistent. Ronaldo Nazario was inconsistent. Di Maria's inconsistency is exaggerated. That's my perception. Again 19 assists. What do you want?

Hendrix22 repped this.
  19. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    It seems that you're arguing with yourself. You should probably read my first post again.

20. Gbonyx23

Gbonyx23 Member

May 4, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Best player this season, who'd have thought. Can't believe I wanted him gone instead of Ozil. Still miss Ozil though....

21. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He deserves to stay, but I think Perez would be looking to cash in considering his form this season.His contribution to the NT in the World Cup would influence this decision.

22. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If we sell this dude I'm going to go full retard #perezfuera again this summer. I'm honestly not sure there are more than a handful of players on the planet who are even in his class in terms of his touch on the ball.

MadridOzil repped this.
  23. RoyalWhites

RoyalWhites Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I feel good to know that I am right. I was telling people that Ozil should go and not Di Maria. This forum confirms it. Seeing how many people admitted to be wrong about him.

Feels good man.

Hendrix22 repped this.
  24. jeremy123

jeremy123 Red Card

May 22, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah....but he was sooooo inconsistent. He scored in the first half but didn't score in the second half :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Inconsistency man! hahaha

One of the best players in the world. SIMPLE

25. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's been pretty stable this season, but you can't argue that he has been somewhat inconsistent in his stint here, over all?