The Houston Dynamo and MLS Winter Off-Season

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by RedAce, Nov 20, 2011.

1. guaroboy828

guaroboy828 Member

Aug 2, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you might have an argument there. I've had to watch the game from home for a long time due to work hours and our TV promotion could be a lot better as well as news coverage. We kickoff the season very soon and the stadium is making good progress and I've seen little to nothing on either. Portland had that awesome commercial with Spencer when they came to the league, We're still playing the tired ass Fabenco commercial. I wouldnt be surprised to see the abuelita commercial replaced by another black player like Kandji, Kofi or Watson. Since Kamara and Oduro are gone. For all the TV and radio deals getting signed we need to be seeing way more promotion to back it up I think. I would think the Dynamo season getting ready to kick off along with the opening of the new stadium could get a little more love than the Astros and their new uniforms or Texas' obsession with high school sports which I've never been able to understand.

2. RedAce

RedAce Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Univision seems to barely promote the Dynamo. I wonder why? (sarcasm)

3. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...cause the game is on Galavision? I don't really watch Galavision but during each program I have caught, I've seen at least one Dynamo commercial.

4. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I've noticed that Houston Dynamo get many mentions on the spanish stations during other matches.

5. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It almost seems to me like we're one of their favorite teams. Other than well you know LA Gals and NYRB....and at one time Chicano Fire as they used to say :p

6. yossarin

yossarin Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Worst video ever?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAjX6gQdLn4"]Captain Colorado versus Captain Commander - YouTube[/ame]

7. cougarclaws

cougarclaws Member

May 8, 2006
    Lucky's Pub
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oh dear...

I wouldn't say worst ever. But its in the top 5 with [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG-jMjvnua8"]Emerald City Supporters - Come on Seattle! - YouTube[/ame]

and

Inferno Gone Wild (lol, looks like they took all the abuse they could handle and finally removed it).

8. RedAce

RedAce Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok...that leader of the flouders SG makes a scary face. Looks like he needs to take a good sh*t

9. Orange_Yoshi

Orange_Yoshi New Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So since there hasn't been much in the news of potential transfers for the Dynamo I looked more into that Fabian Ernst rumor. Apparently Besiktas is going through a bit of trouble and is getting a new board of directors later on during the month. The new group will to decide on whether or not to sell Ernst plus a few other players to try and cut costs for the club. This move doesn't make too much sense for us, but it could be Dom trying acquire a more creative defensive mid to help lock down the middle. This was the most recent article regarding the Dynamo and Ernst rumors that I could find.
    http://www.fussball-tuerkei.de/index.php/nachrichten-leser/items/besiktas-gehen-die-portugiesen-zum-saisonende300183.html