The Houston Dynamo and MLS Winter Off-Season

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by RedAce, Nov 20, 2011.

1. DynamoEAR

DynamoEAR Member+

May 30, 2011
    HoustAtlantaDMV
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn you Concacaf for not having a MLS MFL in group stage.:mad:

But we probably wouldn't march in places like in Torreon, Monterrey, Morelia...:eek:

2. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think their thinking is to create a strong likelihood that lots, if not all, of MLS and MFL teams win their groups and meet in the knockout stages.

3. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a strong feel we'll be making an away trip for the cup final. I'm already putting money aside for the Dynamo vuelta olimpica in Mexico during the 2013 final.

4. RedAce

RedAce Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got this quote from a Dallas fan perspective at Dynamo Theory. Let the discussion begin because I'm very curious to see what y'all actually think

5. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    I kind of agree with the Kanji take but with the Dom, who knows. I said the same thing about Joe N and then had a great year. All we need from MAC is one good year. I am more worried about his knee than anything else.

6. Hungryjack

Hungryjack Member+

Jul 8, 2006
    Houston
    I've been to a lot of away games. The game in Cancun was special.

7. dustcowpoke

dustcowpoke Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_...cuts-sochaux-fires-manager-and-more.html#more

Fire sale at Rangers. Let's see how many Spencey can rob off us...

8. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston
    I'm not sure why any of the players would agree to be sold. From my understanding if they don't agree to anything then Rangers would basically have to release them from their contract, which would allow them to sign anywhere they wanted to.

If we could somehow end up with Bedoya we'd be set at RM though, that would be an amazing pickup. Between his salary and any possible transfer fee I'm pretty sure he'd be a DP, and we'd have to give up something to move up the allocation list.

9. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Not sure that is 100% true. Do all players in SPL have a no trade clause? Even if they do . . . if say Rangers have to cut 10 people and you are asked to be sold, you will take it. The risk of not taking the deal is they move to the next guy and sell him and you are left on a financially struggling team with B squad players. They may end up releasing you, but they may not and you may be one of the 20 guys that remain.

10. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston
    I always thought that when a player was sold he had to agree to a new contract with the new team so they always have a say in where they go.

And that's a good point, Bedoya may have a small enough contract that he would be one of the guys they would be willing to hold onto.

11. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Not sure - I think each league is slightly different.

As for Bedoya, he would be through allocation so . . . . . little chance of us getting him and quite frankly, that is probably the ONE player from their team we could use/want.

12. Hungryjack

Hungryjack Member+

Jul 8, 2006
    Houston
    Are you being cheeky or is there actually someone who holds this opinion?

13. dustcowpoke

dustcowpoke Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was being cheeky. No conspiracy theory here haha.

I just think that with the Scottish connections I wouldn't be surprised to see a few cut Rangers players coming to MLS.

As the article says the only transfer windows that are open are Japan, USA, and Scandinavia.

14. Indytrojan

Indytrojan Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
  15. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Cristian Lagos is coming to the US to sign with Houston. Dynamo denied the report Who knows if it was ever true or another rumor from a team/agent.

16. RedAce

RedAce Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll believe it till I see it

17. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Houston already denied it

18. RedAce

RedAce Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    exactly ;):rolleyes:

19. Dynamo_Forever

Dynamo_Forever Member+

Aug 9, 2007
    Clear Lake, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We need someone like this....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYI8yhney_Q&feature=player_embedded"]Golaço de Nayma Santos 3 vs 1 internacional copa libertadores 07/03/12 - YouTube[/ame]

20. el jefe2010

el jefe2010 Member

May 7, 2010
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While we're at it, let's get someone like this....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjccVNbiOP8&feature=fvst"]Lionel Messi's 29 Goals of 2011/12 in 2 Minutes - YouTube[/ame]

21. RedAce

RedAce Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gotta LOVE Leo Messi :D

22. guaroboy828

guaroboy828 Member

Aug 2, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, this has been bothering me, but I don't know how to post it without sounding like I'm whining. I don't know, maybe I am whining, but so what?

I think I've even said this once before, it was during playoffs last year I think, around the SKC game. It's about the MLS daily newsletter, Kickoff, that I read every morning. I like it, it arrives pretty early every weekday morning and gives links to lots of MLS stories, both big and small, from all around the league. Well, from most of the league. I think they might have lost their contact in Houston. You can read little gossipy things about players, deals teams are trying to make, rumors involving teams or players, preseason results, just an interesting variety of things. Most teams are represented at least every other day, sometimes more than once a day. LA gets mentioned if Beckham's shoes need tying. Toronto, Portland, Seattle, Dallas, FCD, NY, they all are there over and over. The last mention of the Dynamo? From February 28. About the SG's sanction letter. And before that? There was a little mention on the 23rd about Sarkodie's red playing in the U23s against Dallas, and a story about Tally.

I know Nigel has said its good to fly under the radar and surprise people. There's a lot of truth to that. But I have to wonder why we get no attention from MLS. After playing in the league final 3 short months ago, you would expect a little more interest wouldn't you? I wonder if some of the fault lies with the team, if maybe we aren't submitting stories? But it doesn't really seem like that's our job. And it's not like there aren't media stories about the Dynamo they could link to. I just think in the MLS League offices the Dynamo get about as much respect as MLB and Bud Selig give the Astros.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/the-kick-off

And while I'm whining about the league's neglect of the Dynamo.....does it seem like Houston got shafted on its opening game? All the stories are about the great revenge games or rivalry games to kick off the season. They go into detail about each game. Then nothing, I mean absolutely NOTHING about the big Chivas/Dynamo matchup Sunday. Like, "yawn." Under the radar, right?;)