The Grass is Greener on the Other side - Transfer / Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by raven3k, Mar 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The one we sign haha

2. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I haven't seen even 1min of Lucas but i can say with 1000% certainty that Javi >>>>>>> Lucas. :D

3. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Neymar > Lucas, but there are factors like publicity, difference in position, flair, hair, etc which affect the price tag. I would like both, but I'd be happy with Lucas Moura + Javi Martinez.

4. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What are his attributes? Can he finish, pass? Is he creative?

He seems like an ideal player to be Ronaldo + Di Maria's sub. Callejon is too direct and doesnt help much in build up, and I think, while its not necessary, that we should look into signing someone to fill in for Ronaldo/Di Maria when either is out, instead of playing Benzema or Ozil out of position or relying on Callejon alone. That would take away plenty of playing time from Ricky, Higuain and Callejon but it would be for the best.

5. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    All of the above :D

Prezactly, he really has the a lot of the same qualities we value in both of them pace, dribbling ability, passing range and pretty good FK taker.

And the same things that frustrate you with Ronaldo and Di Maria? Lucas can be annoying in the EXACT same way, sometimes a little too selfish and questionable decision-making.

Lucas Moura is fantastic prospect but as I've said before he is definitely a project. If we were to buy him I think a loan for a season or two would be ideal. I'd actually like to see him in Portugal or France but I wouldn't mind if he stayed in Brazil either.

6. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    Well duh stupid :rolleyes:

Right now there are only two people in the whole world greater than Javi, Chuck Norris and Cissokho.

7. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If thats the case, sign him up then :D

Sucks for Jese, but c'est la vie.

8. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    It doesn't have to suck for Jese, I would think with players getting older, moving on etc. in a season or two we could accommodate both of them. It might ultimately suck for Callejon though....

9. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    True that.

Him, Granero and Adan seem to know their role here though. Homegrown space fillers who are more or less disposable. Harsh, but its the truth :eek:

I am sure many here were very surprised with their contributions to the team so far.

10. iStronzo

iStronzo Red Card

Mar 7, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEPC01evdkw"]Santos 5 x 0 Catanduvense - Paulistão 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

Ganso and Neymar, if anybody still consider them potential fichajes.

11. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Catanduvense is a small team from the state of Sao Paulo and they aren't even in the brazilian fourth division.
    That said, the first goal was a wonderful finish and the plays on the second and fifth were brilliant.

12. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Another thing: for those interested in the new crop of brazilian players, our team for the London Olympics is one of the best we ever assembled.
    Neymar, Ganso, Lucas Moura, Rafael (Man UTD), Sandro (Tottenham), Pato (if he ever plays), Leandro Damiao (great young CF), Philippe Coutinho (Espanyol)...

The "old players" will probably be Marcelo (or Daniel Alves), Thiago Silva and a keeper.
    We always manage to crash and burn at the Olympics, but I hope we can finally win the gold medal, the only title the amarelinha doesn't have.

13. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    On a non-Brazilian note, GET DROGBA.

That is all :D Just watching him troll Barca like that filled my heart with joy. It's like the guy was made for this club. Pepe and Drogba in the same team? I shudder to think...

14. ambro

ambro Member

Dec 9, 2011
    USA
    Drogba just turned 34. I suppose bringing him in just for big games wouldn't be the worst thing, but what does that do to the psyche of our two strikers? Basically telling them they aren't good enough to play in our important games. I don't like the idea.

15. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Very unselfish by Neymar. Don't see him as a potential anything, he seems set on barcelona and not us. That is too bad, because for me he would have thrived and grown more into himself with us than with them.

Ganso for me is a player I would develop to play deeper. I've always said that even though GRBomber disagrees. :D

16. Vilmar

Vilmar Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Considering the fact id have more confidence if i saw Drogba in the starting lineup in our "big" games, just goes to show those two aren't delivering when it matters. Plus they could learn a thing or two from him.

17. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bring Ruud in to coach them when he retires at the end of this season :D The ketchup will start flowing instantly

18. ambro

ambro Member

Dec 9, 2011
    USA
    The two we have are young. Some nerves in big games comes with that territory. Let them grow into their spots, no need to bring someone else in and take minutes away from them in crucial games, because those are the games that the most valuable experience is gained.

19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    They are both in their best years. Balotelli is young, Benzema and Higuain are fully experienced on all levels in club and international football and ready.

20. ambro

ambro Member

Dec 9, 2011
    USA
    I'm not saying they aren't fully experienced. However they aren't in their primes (that'll come in the next 5 years), and better performances (i.e. more composure, better decision making, etc.) in big games comes with more experience in such games. That's just what happens.

On a different note, anyone know much about Moussa Sissoko on Toulouse? He or M'Vila could be a good, young replacement for Diarra if the Javi Martinez move doesn't pan out. I admit I haven't watched much of Martinez in La Liga but I personally would prefer one of these two Frenchmen as they have more pace, and that's something we need in our midfield. I'm certainly not opposed to signing Javi though, as he seems to be a favorite among the board and I like that he can play CB as well as in the midfield.

Eliaquim Mangala at Porto is another name I've seen that I think could be a possibility for a decent CB signing, though I haven't seen him play much either (anyone?), and he just signed for Porto. Plays with Varane though in the French U-21 team, and I guess they make a pretty solid partnership. Super fast and athletic, as well.

Perhaps sell Carvalho and Albiol, bring in Mangala and Javi in the summer, and maybe a RB. Groom Varane/Mangala as a future CB pairing, slotting one or the other in some smaller games when necessary, slot Javi back there in bigger games if Ramos/Pepe is unavailable... Just a thought.

21. Cyrudan

Cyrudan Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Are we still name dropping french players?

I wouldn't mind seeing a Fellaini / Alonso midfield tbh although he probably is a bit too aggressive for La Liga

22. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    French players?

Look no further than Faubert :p

23. ambro

ambro Member

Dec 9, 2011
    USA
    Didn't realize that was a theme around here. :eek:

Anyway I was just kind of mentioning them to see if anyone around here knew much about them or thought they might fit here well. Like I said I don't know a whole lot about them but they could be good topics for discussion.

24. Cyrudan

Cyrudan Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    M'Vila, is great defensively but I think he needs to show a bit more offensive as well - his distribution is very Alonso-esque. I don't know how well two deep-playmakers would work.

He also recently said in an interview ""Inter, Arsenal, Real ... I will take the fun everywhere! If the coach calls you and tells you he wants you to make you play, especially a French coach" which suits the rumors about him joining Arsenal. I'm sure he could be convinced to come to Madrid tho, just get Zidane on it.

25. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We should do everything we can to get Javi Martinez.. perfect fit for our squad in my opinion.

I'd be really disappointed if he ends up at Barcelona or something.