The Grass is Greener on the Other side - Transfer / Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by raven3k, Mar 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Probably as different as most youth divisions where they only play against same age opponents, and making the step to the first team in the real division against grown experienced players. Our youth players by playing against players twice their age are already facing better opposition than most all youth teams from clubs abroad.

You don't think there's a vast difference between the 2nd division and the primera as well? The difference will always be there, wether it be big or a little less big. That's why you give such a player playing time in the first team to see how he does against opponents the first team faces.

Anyway, if a benchsitter in Castilla is good enough to play in the CL for us, I don't see how a starter who does well in the team is not good enough to play a Copa or league game. ;)

2. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    Teehee, touche :D

I was going to fight some more and I do think there is more of difference in the level of play between the third division and Segunda than Segunda and Primera but I just realized "young" Dani is going on 21 years old. I thought he was closer in age to Jese, Morata, etc. (I'm old and can't keep track of such things) but he's almost a year older. He probably should be integrated into the First Team next season or loaned out to a Primera side because I will say that he is coming close to that age 21-22 when we write off our youth players and end up selling them to a lower division Primera side.

3. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    I like my canteranos to have a little more experience at a higher level before they're tried with the first team. Even then there are no guarantees.

In this case I think it comes down to what kind of RB we want. Either we chant Arbeloa, Arbeloa, Arbeloa! all the way through the CL and the clásico, or if we don't trust him there we get someone better.
    I don't see where Carvajal fits in right now. Unless you'd feel comfortable with him starting against Bayern and Barca, and I don't think many would.

4. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    I don't think anyone is speaking of Carvajal for this season.

5. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    No, but everyone's talking about Arbeloa not being good enough. And now a third division player is suggested to take over I presume.
    Our "problem" is not going to go away until we get someone to replace Arbeloa or to compete with him to get him back to his old level. The level he was at when he had world class competition for his place. Now that he doesn't anymore his level has dropped significantly.
    In short, I don't trust Carvajal over him next season and I don't trust him to bring out the best in him again either.

6. jgun07

jgun07 Member

Jul 28, 2007
    Illadelph
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I agree with what most are saying, that is a risk to rely on a player from Castilla to hold an important spot in the squad. I will say however, that we will still have Arbeloa, and even Ramos as a last resort should Carvajal truly fail to make the grade.

He played a sensational match today for Castilla against Atleti B, with Castilla down to 10 men after an absolutely ludicrous red against Nacho. He even assisted on the winning goal. Not using this as part of the argument, just sharing.

I think he's ready to make the step, he looks a fine young player who could offer something to the team.

7. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    And again Carvajal proved today that he deserves minutes. At least a chance. Guy is so reliable in defense and almost at Marcelo-level in attack. Extremely fast too.

We aren't talking about a 15-year old kid who is making some noise on a shitty tournament. Dani went through our whole academy and is a real Madridista, who knows the club, knows whats expected an is just a very good footballer. I really think he has the potential to become a worldclass back.

8. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I doubt that.

9. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    I trust your opinion when it comes to these sorts of things so count me as all in with regards to the "Promote Dani Now!" campaign :D

10. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Almost. Read.

11. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The word almost is open to interpretation, but from my perspective, you're saying that he would perform better than Coentrao and Ramos when going forward...so I doubt he is anywhere near the level of Marcelo is in this regard (as much as I'd love him to be).

12. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    I'd like to see him get a chance too, not sure I buy into all the hype but he is an exciting prospect.

13. WhiteBlood

WhiteBlood BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
    Sagna :p A Brazilian & Frenchman on opposite sides as fullbacks seems to be a decent formula...

Haha. Seriously though, I'd take him. Over anyone currently.

14. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    If we are going for French, better get the one who starts for the NT. Mathieu Debuchy. United and Valencia are also after him and I am sure his stock will rise after Euro 2012.

15. WhiteBlood

WhiteBlood BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
    Here's a nice shout folks, this would be my absolute pick.

Wait for it..

Antonio Valencia.

At RB.

He's a f'ing beast. Never disappoints.

Yes, at RB. :cool:

16. iStronzo

iStronzo Red Card

Mar 7, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Saying that Carvajal is almost as good as Marcelo offensively is such a joke, and just proves that the majority of these canterano-fanboys don't know shit about these players.

17. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    Carvajal is definitely in the same mold as Marcelo as far as style of play (probably a better defender at this stage than Marcelo though) and the comparisons are apt. I think this is simply a case of almost being muddled in translation. Halycon overhypes our youngsters to the end of the Earth but he has a better vantage point and access than most of the rest of us and even though he can be a whining, fair-weather sob his knowledge of Castilla (just like jgun07 or Maca's or even Oscar) is pretty spot-on when you understand where he's coming from. So maybe go a little easy on the misguided accusations?

18. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Because the words of one person makes a majority?

[​IMG]

Count von Count says he counts one doodiehead.

1 person likes this.
  19. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Good shout there actually.

20. Cyrudan

Cyrudan Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I love how "canterano-fanboys" is suppose to be an insult.

Speaking of french players this is a pretty good analysis of the 50 biggest U21 talents in Ligue 1 atm. (I'm not saying we should get any of them, except Corchia if we for some retraded reason won't promote Carvajal). It's a pretty interesting read. Be the hipster of youth talents "Yeah I totally heard about him a few years ago"

Part of the forewords
    http://frenchfootballweekly.com/download/Le50.pdf

21. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    That guy is late, we discussed the abundance of young, Ligue prospects in the last transfer thread. And now our posts are already conveniently archived for when these kids hit the Big Time :D

22. Cyrudan

Cyrudan Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    God damn you guys are fast.

Pretty throw some names out there to be archived as well. In a few years time I'll submit this post as an appendix for my scouting application.

Kurt Zouma.
    Sebastien Corchia.

Now the waiting begins.

23. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^oh yeah, better be on the lookout for REAL upcoming talent, like :

Walter Mickeyrose
    Sebastian Loader
    Stevie Wilcoxx
    Dwayne Leberthal
    Daisuki Jones

Kids will be stars one day, and will playing for BiG clubs.

You know what else?

Those aren't real people. I just wanted to sound intelligent about footballing talent.

Clairefontaine. Boom!

;)

2 people repped this.
  24. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Hahaha. This made me laugh. Daisuke Jones. Lol.

Can't rep ya nate.

edit: Being "first" to mention a player's name on BS is serious business yo. Just shows how qualified you are to be a scout, a job that requires no education and no training. :D

25. Don Nino El Dios

Don Nino El Dios Proud to be White

Mar 30, 2008
    La Casa Blanca
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol, I can and did. I got a kick out of that.