The Grass is Greener on the Other side - Transfer / Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by raven3k, Mar 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Milito might be a good option, played his best football under Mourinho too..

However Injuries can be a problem with him though and he is 33 in June too so age has to be taken into consideration.

2. ratheesh7k

ratheesh7k Member

Feb 18, 2010
    India
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It all depends on What Mou decides after the end of the season. If he satys, I dont expect any major change apart from the RB/CB position. If he decides to leave... Thats a different matter altogether..

3. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm a fan of his to be honest and have been since his Corinthians' days, but he's more trouble than he's worth.

4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's been too good for every club he's joined since then besides Manchester United.

5. rainr2d2444

rainr2d2444 Member

Jul 8, 2005
    Singapore
    We need more penetration imo. Only 2 players in our attack can I term as dribblers. Ronaldo and Di Maria. Our team is currently very predictable passing around sideways before waiting for one of them to get past a player and open things up. That was why we struggled greatly without Angel. (Ok maybe we can add Marcelo to the list but as a defender that's not his main duty)

That's why I think another AM or winger capable of running at defenders will add much more menace to our attack. Barca has Messi, Iniesta, Sanchez, Pedro and Alves that can get past a player and their attack is alot harder to defend against imo.

Neymar would be perfect, but seeing recent events I don't think it will be likely. Silva is another I couldn't believe we passed up. (He was literally begging to come to us). Those Lucas Moura rumors look promising.

Add him and Javi and our team will be on a whole other level.

6. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That we signed Altintop at all and then use him as a RB.....:rolleyes:

7. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Can't argue with this.

8. Kasoul

Kasoul Member

Oct 18, 2006
    Penalty Levante!!

A bit of De Ja Vu

9. osnap427

osnap427 Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I like this the most out of all the suggestions I've seen. Players like Walker, VdW, Mario Fernandes etc. are all either still prospects, or don't offer anything defensively. Bringing in a solid, experienced defender in Maicon (I'm sure it wouldn't cost a whole lot as well) to shore up the back line and offer competition with Arbeloa seems like a good idea. I think we could easily promote Carvajal simultaneously to let him train with the first team under two solid RBs in Arbeloa and Maicon and get some good minutes in the Copa and perhaps in some group stage CL matches or easier La Liga games.

After a couple seasons, we reevaluate Carvajal, let Maicon and possibly Arbeloa go, and if Carvajal isn't up to scratch, look at the older and more experienced Walker, VdW and Mario Fernandes.

10. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I've said it before and I'll say it again for RB Van der Wiel is the best option by far. Very solid defensively and has sufficient skills going forward as well.The dude just turned 24 as well. Got so much potential.

11. ambro

ambro Member

Dec 9, 2011
    USA
    Hasn't he agreed with Valencia? I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere.

12. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Van Der Wiel? Nah, he really isn't the best option. And he ain't all that good, tbh.

13. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007
    Not sure if serious..... or if Van der Wiel is part Italien. That would certainly explain this post.

14. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Speaking of Italian, Abate is a really good RB. He's really impressed me these past two seasons. But I would highly doubt Milan would let him go cheap.

15. Kasoul

Kasoul Member

Oct 18, 2006
    Abate and Van Der Weil?

Id rather have Chendo.

16. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    Hey, what's wrong with Chendo? He was a fine servant to this Club (he still is) and a very good RB.

17. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    He might not be the player we're looking for right now. ;)

18. Cyrudan

Cyrudan Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I still don't get how it's so easy to dismiss Carvajal by saying "hes not ready". He keeps getting Man of the match awards for Castilla and the talent is there for everyone to see. It takes more guts to believe in our youth players than running out and buying a more established player.

Hell, who would have thought Varane, who came from Lens, the team who had conceded second most goals that season and gotten relegated, would be as class as he is? And he is even younger than Carvajal. We're talking about players who have played football their entire life.

As Rubén González said
    “The big problem is the Madrid fans and their lack of patience. It is easier to sign a famous player than bring one through, there is no patience to put in a lad in the Primera División and give him a year. In the Bernabéu, if after 15 minutes he does something wrong, they are already whistling and you never get to step onto the pitch again. That is why Madrid’s cantera does not work, and will not work unless something changes.”

19. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    It takes more guts because the gamble is less likely to pay off.

20. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    No one is dismissing Caravajal.

21. Cyrudan

Cyrudan Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    But why would it? On the one hand you have a player who have been more than a decade at the club, being molded into the kind of player the club wants at x/y position. By some of the worlds best staff with experience in helping youth players develop, in one of the worlds greatest clubs in terms of training facilities. With your daily life revolving around Real Madrid.

On the other hand you have a player who fits the bill in his current team and have shown great abilities but why would he be less likely to fail? We've seen plenty of clubs being burnt by transfers. Amazing players who just couldn't adjust themselves at their new club. Considering the amount of money being used on a new transfer I would say the gamble is about even

22. razingtonbear

razingtonbear Member+

Aug 8, 2007
    I think you are vastly underestimating the differences between Castilla, in the third division, and the first team.

23. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    ^Bingo! If Castilla were currently playing in the Segunda and he was still playing at the same consistent, high level he is now I'd actually have little issue with promoting him. I mentioned it in the Valencia thread but I'd like to see how he does for a season in Segunda.

24. Cyrudan

Cyrudan Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What division youth talents play in doesn't really matter. If anything Castilla players are still facing a higher level of challenge than most academy players due to being integrated in the Spanish league structure and facing players older than themselves.

Benzema and C.Ronaldo had only faced other youth teams when they got their debuts. Ribery spent his youth years playing 6th division.

Castilla were in Segunda B when Casillas got promoted to the first team squad. Same goes for Iniesta, Messi, Busquets and so on. Barca B only got promoted two years ago.

25. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ribery also worked as a construction worker for a while to make ends meet. Do you suggest that we hire the Castilla team as part time workers?