The Grass is Greener on the Other side - Transfer / Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by raven3k, Mar 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    Kyle Walker seems more possible than the others mentioned so far. The English/Walker hate here has already been mentioned though, so feel free to skip it.

2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid

I don't care if he's English, but i care that he's nothing to write home about and will cost a whole lot of money.

3. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    What do you think about Caceres?

4. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    +1. Walker seems fine and with potential, but giving Carvajal a chance to get solid minutes at RB next season makes the most sense. I admit I have never seen the guy play, ever, but the praise given him by posters who I respect and who follow the Cantera paints him as one deserving a chance. Arbs can still be the guy, Ramos available as well, Coentrao if needed and Carvajal given minutes here and there to see what he's got.

Also, no money spent. Sounds good to me.

If Lass does leave, and with Altintop almost positive to be gone, I'm very intrigued by who Jose/new manager brings in. If we pick the right pieces, we can go from very good to fantastic. The midfield holds us back at times. Sahin to step up and become a more important player, and another defensive minded yet versatile mid. Javi Martinez makes sense.

5. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Please tell me there is a story to this and not just wishful thinking, dude looks way out of his depth here.

6. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very good point.

7. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007
    I agree. There is currently a lack of quality RB's in the game. The two best are Ramos and Alves; we have one of them and the other is really not an option, so any new signings we make for the RB position will not be better than Ramos at that position. There is however an abundance in quality CB in the game which would allow us to move Ramos to RB and buy a CB great enough so the absences of Ramos in the middle would not be felt.

Example of this would be Giorgio Chiellini and Thiago Silva, but I doubt either of their clubs would be willing to part with them.

Coentrao --- Pepe ----- Chiellini/Silva - Ramos
    (Marcelo) - (Varane) --- (Albiol) ------ (Arbeloa)

8. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    No youth player is ever ready to be in the first team, that's why they need to play some times in the first team to be able to become ready (or to see they aren't Madrid material)

That we would get a player like Altintop as opposed to using a youth player in the position(s) in the handfull of games he has played this season, already shows this is not going to happen here though.

1 person likes this.
  9. Kasoul

Kasoul Member

Oct 18, 2006
    Alves is good for Barca, but I doubt he would show the same sort of form if he played for us. Maicon is the best RB i have seen since Cafu and Salgado, but he is over the hill. If we were to buy him I wouldn't expect anything more than a season out of him.

Ramos should stay at CB permanently, Thiago Silva would be good, but he isn't that much of an upgrade on Ramos. Chiellini?? please, the guy is sooooooo over rated it's not even funny, and Ramos is 10x the passer he'll ever be.

I personally don't like Ramos at RB at all, he is so much better at CB, he's passing is excellent, heading exceptional and the amount of interceptions he makes during a game is very high. I'd be happy if I never saw him play RB again.

10. Vector-SS

Vector-SS Member+

Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Blonde at RB? I thought he did well enough against Barca, covert him! :D

11. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    We only really need a season (or maybe two) out of Maicon. By then we'll know what Carvajal brings having played in the Segunda and with the first team in CdR games, etc. If he pans out he'll be our RB; if not we go into the market to find a top class RB.

Chiellini and Pepe would be a disaster, both are way too impulsive and hot-headed.

Agree :D

12. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The good transfers that could be picked up this summer is gonna be good ie Rossi of Villareal (if they get relegated), RVP on a free is very possible(is he free to talk to clubs now?).

There's also Maxi Pereira who plays RB but i am sure Benfica will want a criminal amount of money for him. He's had a good showings in tournaments like the WC and this season's champions league.

13. ambro

ambro Member

Dec 9, 2011
    USA
    RVP is not available on a free, his contract runs until summer 2013 and I think he will extend beyond that tbh (as long as they stay in 3rd place in the PL). Wenger will make the necessary signings to show their ambition.

14. morgan07

morgan07 Member

Jun 13, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Tevez just scored a nice goal & played a nice 1-2 for assisting Aguero, noone fancy him?
    He'd feel like home with Higuain & Di Maria

15. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Tevez will never feel at home unless he's in Argentina. Doesn't interest me.

16. palynka

palynka Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Maxi Pereira is a decent RB, but he can be reckless and not that great defensively. He's had a good European campaign this year (apart from the last game) and so the spotlights are turning to him, but I don't think he's the player Real Madrid need.

17. ambro

ambro Member

Dec 9, 2011
    USA
    He'd cost too much for what we'd use him for, and we'd have to offload Benzema or change to a two striker formation in order to keep him happy (he does play well in the hole behind the striker, though). Plus then he's only here for a year or two before he's homesick again.

Great player, not for Madrid though.

18. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Did 4x4s infract you for that post? :p

He loves him some Tevez. I think he's majorly over-rated.

19. morgan07

morgan07 Member

Jun 13, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well, if we're too bring new attcaking player next season, imo someone like Tevez (bar his notorious homesickness) would be more ideal rather than young blood such as Harzard, Neymar, Goetze, Lucas, etc. We already have enough youngster and stacking youngster over another youngster is pointless imo. A mature and experience player who's still in his prime would much suiter for us. Youngster need time to develop and being in heavy rotation will hurt youngster more than an already fully developed one.
    Also, except filling as CF I believe he could be slotted as inside forward on wing or even SS.

Tezez just scored again, btw, what a game by him.

20. ambro

ambro Member

Dec 9, 2011
    USA
    I will say I'd rather have Tevez here than RVP, though I'm a huge fan of both players. I just don't see how he fits into the team, unless Higuain or Benzema leaves. Or if Mourinho goes and we change to a legitimate two striker formation.

21. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    No thanks to Tevez, we could use another striker but it doesn't need to be RVP or Tevez. Milito, RVN, maybe even Forlan, those are the type of player we should be looking to for our third striker.

22. morgan07

morgan07 Member

Jun 13, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Something tell me we're definitely will bring a new attacking player next season. Someone versatile & experienced to cover any of the front 4 position would be perfect rather than someone who could only fill 1 or 2 position. We don't need to have 2 player for every position in attack.

23. morgan07

morgan07 Member

Jun 13, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah, it doesn't have to be someone as high profile as Tevez or RVP. But experienced and versatile to cover any of the front 4 (CF, inside forward left, right, & SS) would be my criterias. Not someone like RVN who seemed already past it though. We need someone realible.

24. Kasoul

Kasoul Member

Oct 18, 2006
    Milito as a third striker would be perfect imo, Rossi as well. Two excellent finishers who wont bitch if they're in the team. Real class acts.

I like Forlan, but I dont feel his style would fit in as a lone striker atm. He's a bit too old to adapt imo.

If we can get Maicon and Milito off Inter for a low fee it would be some of the best business we have ever conducted.

25. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I am in the process of giving him a 2 month forum ban. Tevez is a magician, and a hero. Milito is cool though too.