The Future of Gol TV

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by vevo5, Aug 17, 2012.

1. UEFAJason

UEFAJason Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    GolTV is still available with the DirecTV Spanish package or the 'en espanol' add-on pack ($14.99/month), but I agree it is otherwise cumbersome to obtain just to watch the Bundesliga and a few others.

2. Roti2000

Roti2000 Member

Apr 27, 2012
    I'm curious to know if they have the SAP option for English on DirecTV.

When GOLtv was on Comcast in my area they only had it on the Spanish pack and the English was not available.

3. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    To be honest if they add bein to the sports pack on fios which i have, then i might spring for the $15 and get the spanish package because i would get goltv and bein espanol.

4. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I have the spanish package, and it's in english still first. You have to hit the 'SAP' button for spanish. Channel 456.

5. cescfabregas

cescfabregas Member

Oct 2, 2005
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    This shyt channel is still hanging on?

6. 7spencer7

7spencer7 Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Outside Boston
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fios is dropping GolTV completely, not just from the english pack. The post that mentioned dropping it only from english was in reference to DirecTV, so you wouldn't get goltv..

7. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Not being argumentative here but has this been confirmed anywhere? I feel like i just read channel 313 which would only be the english channel.

8. DAK77

DAK77 Member+

Nov 10, 2008
    Merion Village, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It plays footy so I dont see anything shitty about it

9. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I spoke to a Verizon rep and was told that Goltv is not being dropped by Fios but rather they are dropping it from the Extreme Package. It will still be a part of the Sports Package not to be confused with the new Sport Pass that will have Bein sport. The point is according to the guy i spoke to today goltv will still be carried by fios.

10. cescfabregas

cescfabregas Member

Oct 2, 2005
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Goltv is a shitty channel. Always was, always will. Same with bein.

jhernandez86 repped this.
  11. jhernandez86

jhernandez86 Member

Sep 22, 2004
    I am just curios, are you upset with Bein and Goltv because? are you a Football fan or just someone who likes to complaint. Goltv had its moments and now is Bein. The production at Bein is at the same level of Fox which in my opinion has done wonders for soccer in America. But it was Goltv the one that really got soccer aficionados the Great Real Madrid and the Galaticos.

Redbullsnation2012 and Minduchio repped this.
  12. cescfabregas

cescfabregas Member

Oct 2, 2005
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    If you ask the real football fans - Minduchio, Richardfromnyc, tigersoccer2005, BocaFan and Redbullnation20, they will tell you i just like to complain...:D

Maybe not redbull - i've made it into his/her rep club..:p

MetroChile and TJNash repped this.
  13. jhernandez86

jhernandez86 Member

Sep 22, 2004
    Ok, I guet it......One point, Last week I was watching Barcelona vs PSG and Fox Deportes had an announcer on the field giving details of the game. I am not sure if they did the same in the english side. But this is something that logistically is not easy to do since it is very expensive when you count the value of the deals and small ratings soccer gets in this country. However, since Fox also has the rights in the Americas, doing live on site commentary may not be as expensive.

If we ever compare the Production of international football to the Production of American sports, I will agree, Fox, ESPN, GOLTV and Bein are not up to part. But add the ratings and you can see that all these channels are doing a great job with what they have.

Redbullsnation2012 and Minduchio repped this.
  14. cescfabregas

cescfabregas Member

Oct 2, 2005
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I don't think any of these channels are responsible for the production of any international game, say maybe for ESPN. I will leave it to the likes of Socceraction and/or Cantona to correct this assertion. All that is needed is the push a button to let the transmission through. They make the choice to inundate us with the likes of ray, phil, cordero, warren, gus and the other over paid idiots.

15. Redbullsnation2012

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    good stuff, m8 but thats the truth...

16. cescfabregas

cescfabregas Member

Oct 2, 2005
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Of course - it is quite obvious i'm conditioned way more differently than you are. Not all are drones. I even had to school you on the club you support.

Cantona repped this.
  17. Cantona

Cantona Member

Jul 12, 1999
    Texas/Luton/Manc
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Amazing I'm backing a gooner.. Against a pretender United fan... But I will.. I think you need to reevaluate things... GolTV and BeIn are brothers in mediocrity and do nothing for football in the USA and in fact takes us back about ten years..

Cantona---

cescfabregas repped this.
  18. Redbullsnation2012

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    A "pretender"?? :rolleyes:

Grow up, m8. No need for this...

MetroChile repped this.
  19. cescfabregas

cescfabregas Member

Oct 2, 2005
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The aim is to point you in the right direction.

20. 7spencer7

7spencer7 Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Outside Boston
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stop saying m8 (and mate for that matter.) People don't think you're cultured. They think you're a ********ing dickhead.

21. Redbullsnation2012

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

22. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hyperbolic bullshit.

Redbullsnation2012 repped this.
  23. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FOX Soccer is on the U-200 (or higher) package.
    BeIn is a no. The last thing I heard from them was a while ago. They were close to a deal, but couldn't agree over online rights.
    Univision Deportes is on U-300 (or higher) package.
    NBCSN is U-200 and up. ... It *MIGHT* be on the U-100 package, but they have stopped offering this one. The only way to have U-100 is to have signed up for it before it was no longer offered.

24. Cantona

Cantona Member

Jul 12, 1999
    Texas/Luton/Manc
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland

The sh!t that stinks here is BeIN and GolTV... Worthless channels nobody gets.. Go the way of fox soccer.. Please... And take all three of their defenders with you.

Cantona---

25. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The chart

BeIN (English version)- DirecTV, Time Warner and Brighthouse get it in HD. Judging by this forum, other providers have it. I think TW has it.

GolTV (Spanish version) is in HD on DirecTV, U-Verse, Time Warner and Brighthouse. Some Comcast, Cox and Suddenlink areas have it.

The chart doesn't account for BeIN Deportes (or BeINn or BeIN Espanol or BeIN E or whatever it's being called these days). It also doesn't account for GolTV in English.

BeIN seems to be having issues getting on providers. (Are they still paying for carriage?)
    GolTV is being dropped. I'm assuming that it's because the providers are forecasting the demise of the channel and don't want to commit to carrying something on shaky ground.