The Future of Gol TV

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by vevo5, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Redbullsnation2012

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    whats wrong with US announcers??

2. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Gol is showing 5 live bundesliga games this weekend which is like heaven for us bundesliga fans. I hope this stays permanent. I wish I had it in hd. Looking at bundesliga schedule this is the only weekend with a saturday 2:30 live game which is a fantastic for bundesliga.

I am starting to think that I really don't need bein with epl and bundesliga having their own channels now. I hope numbers work out for goltv and they can survive with this programming because I just love it.

MetroChile repped this.
  3. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    U-Verse has GolTV in HD on channel 1656 as part of the Sports Pack, or U-450. I want to say you can get it as part of the U-200 Latino, but I'm not sure.

I believe it is English-language, with a lot of the commercials in Spanish.

It's been a while since I've had it, but I believe the above assessment is 99% correct.

DAK77 repped this.
  4. richo

richo Member

Jun 1, 2007
    California
    They're boring and lack knowledge. Not as boring as British announcers though. That's why I stick with Spanish when I can.

5. Redbullsnation2012

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    boring?? What sport are you watching??

6. DAK77

DAK77 Member+

Nov 10, 2008
    Merion Village, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First night of having GolTV and i love it. Perfect mix of central/south america and i cant wait until bundesliga games tomorrow. Why would this channel be in trouble?

InterFan76 repped this.
  7. Towel Boy

Towel Boy New Member

Aug 18, 2012
    USA/Russia/Ukraine
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    I would pay serious money for BeIn to trade Ray Hudson for Bira Brasil.

8. krazykanuck777

krazykanuck777 New Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Yellowknife, NWT
    No one expects DIRECTV to keep GOLTV in the English-language sports tier now that DIRECTV took the big money (exceeding $3 per subscriber) from beIN SPORT LLC and eventually needs to add PAC 12 Network National and possibly PAC 12 Network Los Angeles 24/7.

4 million GOLTV subscribers out of 13 million may soon vanish into thin air.

Comcast removed GOLTV from the sports tier in the early part of 2012, keeping GOLTV in the Spanish-language tier only.

9. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    I have comcast and goltv is part of their sports package in english. I don't know what you mean.

10. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Wow Olive, i mean, Krazy Kanuck. For someone who lives in Canada you know an awful lot about whats going on with tv in the states!!!

Força Sporting repped this.
  11. jhernandez86

jhernandez86 Member

Sep 22, 2004
    TWC is keeping Goltv, and so is Directv

12. krazykanuck777

krazykanuck777 New Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Yellowknife, NWT
    In the Spanish-language tiers for certain, but NOT in the English-language sports tier especially in the case of DIRECTV.

13. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    I hope GOL TV goes down in Flames. They have been dead to me ever since they were dropped by Dish.

14. hwkn

hwkn Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I'll bet Uverse'll keep Goltv too.[I have the U450 package so as long as it's somewhere on Uverse i'll have it]

15. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not me, I like DishNetwork with the only exception that there is no goal TV. :(

16. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    Why is this Gol's fault? Dish is clearly not as invested in soccer as DirecTV. No HD on stations, dropping Gol. This seems to be a Dish issue. If I were you (heck, I had been in the same boat at one point), I would switch from Dish to DirecTV when your contract expires. I've had Dish and DirecTV. DirecTV is much better for soccer.

17. jhernandez86

jhernandez86 Member

Sep 22, 2004
    TWC will keep it in the sports tier. Directv, I am not sure, but the negotiation with directv culminated about two weeks ago.

18. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    I never said it was Goltv's fault.

I just dont care about them anymore.

And BEIN is going to make them suffer a slow death.

19. The_Beautiful_Game

Aug 19, 2012
    Football Paradise
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope GolTV or any other soccer channel survives the new TV environment in the US. Variety is good and so far this season GolTV has been great for Bundesliga and Latin American soccer. I say the more soccer channels the merrier.

UEFAJason and MetroChile repped this.
  20. UEFAJason

UEFAJason Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    GolTV should at least remain as is between the Sports Pack and the Spanish base packages on DirecTV. This weekend had to be the first time that the usual range of Bundesliga broadcasts in Germany are available on an American outlet aside from the little known MySportsGermany.

I'm uncertain how Bundesliga would relate to a Spanish speaking audience should GolTV become confined to a Spanish package.

21. jhernandez86

jhernandez86 Member

Sep 22, 2004
    Do, how many accounts do you have? and why?

22. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    If this board had proper mods all incarnations of Olive would be banned. This is a joke!!

Scrabbleship repped this.
  23. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They are really hating on BeIn

http://www.facebook.com/#!/GolTV

Their facebook page links to this article

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/it_oil_rigged_I18EAUEgMeiaFrP2syMe5H#ixzz245Z2nTLV

They had some responce to the Direct TV deal with BeIn

Their link does not work so I am not sure what was their responce.

https://twitter.com/GolTV/status/241540906958864384

Here I found it.

24. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--

In their dreams.

25. BlueInter8889

BlueInter8889 Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Please everyone call DirecTV and complain the removal of GolTV from the Sports Pack. We all owe them a debt of gratitude for bringing double the amount of soccer to the U.S. Audience. When no one wanted to broadcast La Liga, Serie A on a broad basis they did, and now their work popularized the game has greatly increase the overall exposure and visibility of the sport that we all love. I have already did my part and called Dtv, please do your parts too.

Dtv customer service: 1-800-531-5000