The fight against modern Soccer(football) 2

Discussion in 'Business and Media' started by vifvaf, Nov 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway

2. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    PLEASE LEARN TO QUOTE .

No matter the topic people involve to change thing to how thay want thing. Ticket prices or game times.
    So it is more than to go or not.

3. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    You guys are getting trolled by Schapes and Potowmack.

I hope. :D

Airlines = clubs, brilliant. Vamos Air Tran!

4. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Giving up again ;) or "dealing with it " ?

5. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Of course most leagues envy some elements from NBA and NFL. They are still not commparable. A European top league might have looked just the same. But then you would have something TOTALY different then the leagues we have today. And i believe you would loose some of the things people value the most with what they have today.

Juve and other clubs might have cheerleaders. But if you find that European clubs have cheerleaders makes a european league comparable to NBA or NFL , then you and me are more different then i thought.

PS . Juve also have this [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSjiir630Ek"]Ultras Juventus - YouTube[/ame]

6. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    More headless action from football in Denmark - Again completely without prompting fans. It's not a good thing, says ekstrabladet.dk's fankommentator

it has not become less bothersome to be a football fan in the spring season than it was before. Quite the contrary.

After the match in Aalborg ancestors fans of FC Copenhagen, Brøndby, OB, AaB and AGF do not know if they are bought or sold in the future when it comes to away matches.

The five clubs have made a hopelessly flighty formulated piece of paper where there really are not all exactly what it is required to, in order to introduce ban on away fans. Apart from FCKs fans who have already been banned from navngvivne matches, so fans do not recognize whether they are bought or sold. It is unsustainable. And it is an exaggerated reaction.

And not least it is to piss on their fans, when you just meet under cover of darkness and decide something like that - without even talking to fans. The reaction has also been there. In the fight after the decision was massive boycotts from fans in Aalborg, Brondby, Aarhus and Odense.

This is a typical panic solution to show that you just 'do something'.

In this context I would like to distribute a rare praise for a minister. Justice Morten Bødskov did not go immediately out and launched foolish and ill-considered actions. No, he has convened a series of meetings with people who know nothing about this - among other fans and clubs - and then look at what you can do.

The new notes from the castle, which otherwise often just yell about some consistency here and now - instead of creating action on an informed basis.

Now there's derby - and it will certainly be the most boring atmosphere in living memory. Quite understandably, there is a massive boycott. Not because of the new policies - but because of the prisoner transport operation, as even then FCK visited Brøndby in the autumn was a massive failure. 24 FC fans - five of whom were there to aktionere against increased - showed up. Vestegnens Politis least insightful (and unfortunately also spokesperson) senior officer called it a success. Shocking announcement.

In this case, in his view be a success if the stadium is empty.

But it was the same man who called it 'civil war' after one of the more peaceful Derby in the autumn, so I do not know quite what I expected.

This derby boycotts well almost all Brøndby fans and large parts of the Atmosphere Section tribune 12th Completely understandable for bustiltaget is untenable.

Something even football managers could see. And in this connection I have a little nod to the management of FC Copenhagen. I understand the difficulties you face in comparison to the trouble and possible sanctions from DBU. But honestly - this statement is just too low.

I always knew that there was massive opposition to the bussing of people. You gotta understand that you do not want these crazy things that I personally would spend 8-9 hours at a derby instead of three.

And so I acknowledge it with a groin kick to your own fans?

- I do not think this fits FCK fans that they boycott their own team. They provide indirect support for those who primarily are out to make trouble rather than watch football, says Hørsholt to fck.dk.

Sometimes it is therefore best to just keep quiet. You piss on peaceful loyal fans like myself. I am told that I know to stay away from the last derby at Brøndby 'support those who make trouble.' Please?

At best, it's something hopelessly marketing hogwash. At worst, a complete lack of respect for the fans - and their customers. The last is perhaps worth remembering.

Now we're dishing out shit balls - Would not it be nice if people who do not know much about what happens off the pitch, just once, either sit down with some things before they speak - or just be quiet.

One thing is that we must listen to populist and ignorant politicians. But to hear a football man 'Gaxe' in all seriousness be in Soccer Without filter and compare the situation with the Danish fans with the English ditto in the eighties, then stop everything that is. It benefits no one, and it is indeed a crazy comparison.

England is something COMPLETELY different. There were weekly street battles, massive problems with several hundreds - sometimes thousands of people who fought both on and outside the stadium, Heysell disaster, etc. can not be compared to what we see here at home.

In the English hooligan register has almost constant over the last ten years have been 3000 people. Around 10,000 have been through the register, since it was introduced just over ten years ago .. In the Danish is the total number of visitors in the Register 42nd ..

With these exaggerated sammenligningert breathes you to a fire that does not just need more flammable material right now.

Proportions requests the thanks.

http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/kommentarer/fodboldsetfratribunen/article1737641.ece

7. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001

8. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    Not giving up. But, if the fall back argument is cultural differences - is there a point?

9. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001

Troll is Internet speak for "Someone I disagree with".

10. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    That is what i have bee trying to tell you by comaparing with examples from other places in society. The riots around Europe tells me that people are getting fed up with having to take the bill because of bad management.

The people who are rioting in Europe should have realized bad management when it happened. Instead, they took the great benefits not wanting to realizie they were being managed poorly. Instead of realizing that there is no "free lunch", they were led down a path by people who told them what they wanted to hear. Now the bill is coming due and they are upset.

11. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Well would you say there is a culture in USA to fight for these things within sports ? Well it is in Europe, and therefor a cultural difference. Maybe your culture is to let the wealthy be the only ones to be able to follow their team throughout the season live. Culture can be many things. Giving up can be a cuture to.

12. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Ok you keep telling you self that.

13. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    Example. The people in Greece. Who is responsible for their situation? The Greek people are responsible. There is a concept Europe is anathema to - personal responsibility.

14. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    That is actually not the culture. People understand to enjoy the types of things they CHOOSE - they may have to work harder - improve themselves - get a better job etc. that is the culture. Not expecting a handout.

15. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hooray sweeping generalizations! ALL of Europe has no concept of personal responsibility! Tell that to the Germans, the Dutch, the Belgians, any of the Scandinavian countries, or so on. They all have no idea of personal responsibility? Please.

16. DAK77

DAK77 Member+

Nov 10, 2008
    Merion Village, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This thread is making me second guess my Delta Airlines tattoo :p

17. Potowmack

Potowmack Member+

Apr 2, 2010
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then how are ticket prices determined for soccer games? Magic? The owners of teams decide how much to charge for their ticket the same way any other business owner decides to set their prices. You keep claiming that the market for soccer tickets is somehow different than the market for every other good or service in the world, but you can't provide any evidence to back it up.

Why are American sports leagues not comparable with European leagues? Be specific.

The "reasonable" price for a soccer ticket is the same as the "reasonable" price for any other good or service. The "reasonable" price for a soccer ticket is the price point that (a) the team is willing to sell and (b) the fan is willing to buy. The fact that some fans feel that ticket prices are too high isn't really relevant if there are enough other fans who are willing to buy the tickets at the asking price.

This is simply economics, and I'm confused as to why you refuse to understand how this works.

In the end, I think there is a certain percentage of European fans who have a sense of entitlement that leads them to believe that they "deserve" to buy tickets at a cost that is less than what the market will bear. The fact that you might be a devoted fan does not mean you have a right to cut-rate tickets.

18. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    I think a lot of Europe doesn't believe in personal responsibility. Portugal, Spain, Ireland, Greece all drank the Kook Aid. Germany and the countries you mentioned ( they will be the ones footing the bill) seem to have some sense of personal responsibility.

If the US doesn't get a big dose of it and soon, the US will be a country in the first group.

19. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    So you don`t find any of the country`s leaders resonsible for the situation the country is in for the moment? The leaders that managed to secure Greeks EU membership for example. The leaders that promoted the application on false premisses? The leaders that probably get the last saying in most cases no matter what. Those people is not to blame? Come on. Yes Greece might have lived on a bit optimistic premisses. But it is the country`s leaders job to secure peoples and the countrys well-being, stability, and security.

As to your attempt to say that Europe have a lack of personal responibility , try to watch your own country before blaming others.

20. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway

I thought you said you could not follow your team as much as you used to because of the high ticket prices . Still not your choice in my eyes.
    And by not trying to do something about it you will not get more live matches in the future i guess.

21. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway

Just do it :cool:

22. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001

23. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001

I have chosen not to spend that much money on my team. I could, but I choose not to because of the expense. I am ok with it. I am not like some who expect a handout. Either I figure a way to make more money, or, choose to forego other things so I can go to the same amount of games.

24. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001

Some really good points vifvaf. No response?

25. Potowmack

Potowmack Member+

Apr 2, 2010
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't want to stereotype Europeans, but the attitude that fans "deserve" tickets at a price lower than the market rate seems kind of comparable to some of the complaints in places like Greece or Spain. Many of the protestors there want to keep receiving certain benefits, but aren't really interested in the economic requirements of paying for those benefits.

I have even less sympathy for soccer fans whining about high ticket prices. Soccer tickets are a pure luxury good. Complaints about expensive ticket prices are about as meaningful as complaints about expensive caviar prices.