The fight against modern football 3

Discussion in 'Business and Media' started by Numquam Moribimur, Apr 14, 2012.

1. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now that's just ridiculous.

What City did was wrong. They should be fined. The guy who threw something should face criminal charges and should be suspended from going to games. The pitch invader should get the same penalty.

Jesus christ, you get stuff thrown at games in the US. You get people running onto the field in the US. Nobody ever calls for teams to play in empty stadiums.

2. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    Nice language - I am sure it is fitting for the season.

The City fans drew BLOOD from Rio Ferdinand - not serious enough for you?

3. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you're going to kvetch about that, you've got some problems. Jesus tapdancing Christ. If you seriously think that's bad language, I hope you don't watch any TV shows on cable. Now go run and tell Fox and Friends that the "War on Christmas" is totally real!

City should be fined for failure to control and the fans who did it should be banned.

4. BarraUru

BarraUru Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Montevideo
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Why?

Alot of stadiums have 40 thousand or less of capactiy

Tigre Stadium - 25,000
    Banfield Stadium - 28,000
    All Boys Stadium - 17,000
    Gimnasia Stadium - 24,000
    Colón Stadium - 38,000
    Lanús Stadium - 38,000

The biggest stadium in Argentina is the Monumental, River's Stadium. Originally with capacity for 90 thousand people but thanks to the seats and capacity restrictions it is for 70,000 nowadays.

Plus, in Argentina stadiums have 'lungs' (big spaces between both team supporters). Look at this picure at River's stadium, that's Tigre supporters, of course attendences are going to be lower than expected

[​IMG]

Plus each team has to play every 2 weeks away, imagine playing in the stadium of All Boys where the capacity is 17,000.. The visitors have about 3,000 tickets only.

Quantity doesn't mean quality.. I prefer Argentinian supporters than German supporters

5. BarraUru

BarraUru Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Montevideo
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Owwwww, how awful, blood, supporters, nooo! Violence! War! Apocalipsis!

6. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    I wouldn't hold the liberal left wing media and pop culture as bastions of proper speech.

7. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    Language like that in my opinion shows a lack of maturity.

I know you are trying to be tough and cool I get that.

The Internet is a place to post whatever you want fine.

Some people find it offensive.

8. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    Too bad the players and supporters didn't mix it up. Too bad there wasn't a riot and someone was killed.

9. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

LIBERAL MEDIA! HOLLYWOOD! THE EEEEEEEEEEEEEVIL RAP MUSIC!

Your Internet moral superiority is hilarious. If you think "Jesus Christ" is offensive, there's not much to be said. I thought it was all those eeeeeeevil liberals that got easily offended.

10. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    First i find it wrong to punnish City and everyone supporting the team for what one or a few do.

Second you will never manage to prize out every unwanted incident in a place holding 20- 100 000 people every other week.

They will probably find out who threw the coin and who invadet the pitch . Punnish them and proceed.

From 2010

11. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They got the 2 people immediately. The guy threw the coin and the police swarmed the section to get him.

12. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Then my next question is if the fans have full controll over the club ? And the fans are hundreds of thousands most places? Why not increase the the stadium capasity ? The people would obviously come to a bigger stadium according to you if there was room ?

13. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    City throwing money at their problems in all contexts :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

CCSUltra repped this.
  14. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    Maybe if the club and other followers were punished - that type of behavior would stop.

15. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    And we are back to the moral and ethic .
    You have no problem with a third part getting punnished for others actions ?

16. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Ferdinand said something like :Whoever it was who threw the coin, what a hit! Can not believe that there was a (topence) copper coin ... Could at least have been a pound!

17. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    Happens all the time doesn't it.

When you were little - didn't you get in trouble when maybe your school mates caused the trouble.

Happens even in adulthood. A certain group of people do a certain thing - others who did nothing suffer consequences.

Hopefully, PEER PRESSURE gets those that are not behaving to behave.

That is how it works.

Lesson: Life is not fair.

18. BarraUru

BarraUru Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Montevideo
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Well teams here don't have millions of dollars to make reforms, some teams are really humble teams, the typical team of a small city or a big neighbourhood. Some teams like Banfield or Lanús that don't have much supporters fit fine in there stadiums, on the other hand you have teams like Boca, River, San Lorenzo, Racing, Independiente, Central, Newells, Belgrano, Talleres and a couple more that playing well can attract some 60,000 supporters or even more.

19. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    It do not make it right just because it happens . Wether it is in childhool or i adulthood.
    Instead of making the same mistakes as the people before us ,we should learn from their mistakes.
    To punnish an uninvolved third part is not the answer and will not work in the long run.

20. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    I might not understand fully how things are where you live. But first you talked about how big football was with hundreds of thousands of fans , then you moderate it to say there are humble teams with small cities and neighbourhoods supporting the clubs. You expressed in a way where it to me seems like you dislike the way football and clubs in Europe are run and powered.
    I get a bit confused. What is it you do not like about Eruopean football ? Is it the commerce forces ? The ticket prices ? The all seater stadiums ? The way the clubs are run and managed ? The power balance within football ? The fans ?
    So if football is as big as you say , then why doesn`t the clubs have money ? Is it the club leaders ? Doesn`t the fans use money on their clubs ? How is the status with investors , TV deals and sponsors in South America ?

If River Plate have an attendance of 34 400 people and Boca Junions have an attendance of 33 555 people . This is to my understanding two of the biggest clubs in all of South America, you have over 40 European clubs with an higher average attendance then bouth clubs.

21. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Rangers fans still supporting their club . An attendance of 49 913 people that saw the match between Rangers and Stirling in the Scottish level 4
    To comparison United- City had 47 166 people visiting.
    Picture from EPL United -City
    [​IMG]

22. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    You think this incident is funny don't you. This is exactly why you want standing areas. So fans can throw crap at players. You think that is what football is all about.

This is "color" to you. You are WRONG!

This needs to be stopped. Nipped in the bud.

You know how people learn the best.when they are punished. If clubs took a stronger stance. This type of crap would end.

Same with Serbia (what a European view, we don't want to isolate anyone) maybe if they had no European football for four years - they might think about what is happening in their country. If not, in my opinion, Europe and the world footballing community would be better off without them. It would hopefully serve notice to other countries there are consequences for your actions.

23. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    So I guess the Scottish FA won't send anybody to jail for what happened at Rangers. WOW.

24. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How can the Scottish FA send anyone to jail? When did the FA become the legal system for Scotland?

Mismanagement isn't a crime. There may not have been illegal behavior, but it doesn't mean that nothing wrong happened.

25. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have no idea what in the blue hell you mean. People don't want standing areas so people can throw stuff at players. All-seater stadiums didn't stop Philadelphia Eagles or New York Giants fans from throwing snowballs during games.

People want standing areas so there are cheaper tickets.

SchapesBot cannot compute.