The fight against modern football 3

Discussion in 'Business and Media' started by Numquam Moribimur, Apr 14, 2012.

1. BarraUru

BarraUru Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Montevideo
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    I wonder, do you watch South American football? Do I really have to show you pictures? Your talking as if you were to watch South American football everyday, which I am sure you don't

Newells (Argentina). A club with about 800,000 supporters, not even one of the 5 biggest teams
    [​IMG]

Argentinos Juniors (Argentina) About 130,000 supporters. The 8º or 9º biggest club of argentina

[​IMG]

Rosario Central (Argentina), the derbie of Newells. About 900.000 supporters, currently in 2º division (The picture is playing in 2º division).
    [​IMG]

Tigre (Argentina) very humble club that has never won anything. About 230,000 supporters (The picture is in 2º division)
    [​IMG]

Colón (Argentina). About 400,000 supporters. Another club that has never won anything

[​IMG]

Talleres (Argentina). About 800,000 supporters. Another club that has never won anything, currently in 3º division (the picture is in 3º division).

[​IMG]

Banfield (Argentina). About 90,000 supporters. Currently in second division

[​IMG]

Independiente Rivadavia (Argentina). About 60,000 supporters, currently in 2º divison, never won anything, very small club.
    [​IMG]

Independiente (Argentina). One of the three biggest teams of Argentina and South America. About 5,000,000 supporters, currently about to relegate for the first time ever.
    [​IMG]

Note that I didn't even mention Boca, River, San Lorenzo, Racing, Estudiantes, Gimnasia, Velez, Huracán and alot of other teams, didn't even show you clubs of Uruguay, Brazil, Chile, Paraguay, Colombia, etc. You see, it doesn't matter if the team is big or not, if the team has won titles or not, 85 % of the times the stands are like that. You should watch more South American football, after all the best players are from here.

You are never going to understad the passion of people through my messages in this forum. Get it or leave it :).

Sandinista repped this.
  2. Potowmack

Potowmack Member+

Apr 2, 2010
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, we get the "passion." But, as you've described it, it makes you look pretty screwed up.

3. BarraUru

BarraUru Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Montevideo
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Well, I think of it like this : We're as obsesed with our team as you Americans are obsesed with consuming.

4. Potowmack

Potowmack Member+

Apr 2, 2010
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Except, we don't form violent clubs in order to assault people who don't agree with our brand choices.

5. BarraUru

BarraUru Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Montevideo
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    We don't either :)

6. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    On the big days yes, but what are the average crowds of those teams?

take this link for example
    http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost.php?p=57819339&postcount=981
    Primera Argentina - Clausura 2010

1.River Plate 34 400
    2.Boca Juniors 33 555
    3.Racing Club 32 200
    4.Rosario Central 31 555
    5.Independiente 29 333
    6.Newell s Old Boys 27 700
    7.Colon Santa Fe 21 222
    8.San Lorenzo 19 333
    9.Velez Sarsfield 18 700
    10.Atletico Tucumán 18 400
    11.Huracan 18 222
    12.Godoy Cruz Mendoza 17 600
    13.Gimnasia La Plata 17 555
    14.Estudiantes de La Plata 16 200
    15.Tigre 14 600
    16.Banfield 14 400
    17.Argentinos Juniors 13 222
    18.Lanus 13 222
    19.Chacarita Juniors 13 200
    20.Arsenal Sarandi 6 444

average: 20 553

7. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Again i do not necessarily agree with everything BarraUru say . But this is one of the things i have tried to explain with partial luck. To understand how a club works and what a club is to people and communities in other places in the world isn`t all that easy. Things that might seem ailen and wierd to me or Schapes might be normal in other places. People have different values and appreciate different things.

8. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    This is actually under half of the attendance in Bundesligaen.
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/stats/attendance/_/league/ger.1/german-bundesliga?cc=5739

9. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Why is the attendance so "low" if the clubs have hundreds of thousands of fans BarraUru ?
    And if the people have full control over the clubs , i do not see any reason why people should need violence to get their way?

10. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Very interesting clip .

11. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Made by Americans.

12. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    And ?

13. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just pointing it out for those who like to say that American don't understand the sport.

14. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    One clip do not mean Americans get it !

15. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sigh...

Stereotyping about Americans is so much fun! Literally every American knows nothing about soccer.

16. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Hahaha:p

17. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    I find it to be quite funny :p I posted one straw line to grab , and you took i immediately .
    My impression is that Americans hate not being the best in sports. And this is something you (for now) do not quite get.
    But don`t get me worng. There is no others i would like to discuss this topic with more then Americans. Next Friday im going on a workshop with the commerce side of my club to discuss how to get more people to the 100 year celebration for my club.
    The reason i am here is to learn how to argue against the commerce forces here home.
    If i can make reason for Americans , i can make a case here at home!

18. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're the best at lots of sports. We liked to the best. There's no doubt about that. Winning is important.

There are Americans who agree with you. I agree with you on most things (just not all).

19. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Yes it is important. But is it important enough to ruin the game and the values as we (Europeans) know it ?
    I don`t care if Schapes have stopped going to his teams matches. He clearly can find a other team to follow.
    I would never trade successes for the survival of my club as i know it today. I would rather play the 25`th best league in Europe and have fun.

I have never expected the majority of Americans to agree with me. I do find it nice that you and others have uttered your agreement to some of my statements and views of the topic.

20. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    A bit off topic, but do anyone know about a forum where community , politics and other stuff is discussed ? World basis !

21. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001

There are no points for second place.

22. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
  23. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    What a bunch of MORONS at Manchester City! I guess vifvaf will explain it away as "color".

24. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Im not sure what you are refering to ?

25. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    The game was tied at 2-2 in extra time - Robin Van Persie scores - the MU players go over and celebrate with their fans. Someone throws a coin and Rio Ferdinand gets hit in the forehead causing it to bleed.

A fan runs on the pitch towards the referee and has to be restrained by Joe Hart.

City should play five games with no fans.