The "Even More Random Comments, Questions, and Thoughts" Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by el-capitano, Sep 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LiverpoolFanatic

Liverpool FC, Philadelphia Union
    Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chelsea Football Club: Class at all levels. Well at least their manager is class. The ownership, players, and many of their supporters not so much...

2. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    poopoobigelow repped this.
  3. OhYouBeauty

OhYouBeauty Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now some twat called Herman Ouseley goes puffing his chest and denigrating the "big bad Premier League Clubs."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...-being-soft-on-racism-by-lord-ouseley?cc=5901

I won't speak to Chelsea's case, where there is video evidence of Terry using racist language. However, I vehemently disagree that Liverpool FC "took up" for Suarez at the expense of racism. No, I'd argue that LFC didn't do enough to support Suarez.

Did he use a term that is considered "offensive" or "abusive" in England? Yes, although there is a great deal of irony in an imperialist nation dictating how a foreigner is to comport himself. However, the FA never investigated the matter of Evra using the term "Sudaca" to Suarez, a term which is not considered culturally acceptable anywhere on this Earth. One can only wonder why Evra went unpunished. More on that in a moment.

Of course, we all know what a ********ing sham this anti-racism campaign is. And let's not wonder any longer why Evra went unpunished for his Sudaca comment. He went unpunished because 1) He is black and therefore not held accountable for racism, and 2) the Kick it Out campaign narrowly defines racism as words/actions against black players. Both of these facts further point out what a sham the campaign is and serve to show that Herman Ouseley is a self-serving blowhard with no desire to actually eliminate racism.

Oh, and before Herman or any of his KiO minions try to sanction me, I am black, and I have experienced actual racism far worse than being called "black."

liverbird repped this.
  4. ryered

ryered Member+

Jan 15, 2007
    Hill Country
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, Lord Ouseley isn't being entirely self serving here. Another little factoid about him is his directorship on the Manchester United Foundation. But yes, he is a tw*t.

liverbird repped this.
  5. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Sometimes you do walk alone. :D

The only fan in the 4000 seat away section.

[​IMG]

'I made the journey to Genoa, arrived at the stadium and only then did I realise I was the only Udinese fan there! At that point the stewards asked if I wanted to sit in the main stand, but I insisted on going into the away end, seeing as I had paid for that ticket.

'I had the Udinese flag with me, as I carry it everywhere in my car. The Samp fans applauded me after we scored and they were really very kind. The stewards offered me coffee, then the Samp directors arrived to give me a team jersey.

'At the final whistle when I left, Samp fans came towards me and offered me a drink, complimenting me on my passion. It’s a shame I couldn’t stay long, as I had to run due to work commitments.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2246517/Arrigo-Brovedani-Udinese-fan-Sampdoria-Serie-A-clash.html#ixzz2EnouPbPQ

poopoobigelow and Twenty26Six repped this.
  6. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love this - just got FiOS in our neighborhood so I bundled the phone and the super fast internet (big upgrade from DSL - I refuse to use Xfinity due to their atrocious customer service). The rep helping me set up the account kept trying to get me to do the triple play bundle and drop my DirecTV - she compared my bills and said that doing the bundle would get me a savings of ~$40/mo.

I called DirecTV to ask them if they could match or at least knock down my bill....instead they gave me their newest HD DVR - it has 5 DVRs + PICTURE IN PICTURE! (which is actually viewable on a 55" TV - I've seen it in full glory at at my neighbors house) for FREE, and set me up on a 1 year promotion where the first 6 months is $40 off and the next 6 months is $30 dollars off. The DVR box itself would have been $399. Also the DVR box comes with wireless internet - so I can stream Netflix, hulu, etc. right through the box to the TV! And they are installing it all for free.

[geico]A 15 minute phone call just saved me $820! [/geico] (well really $420 since all I wanted was a lower bill).

blanconi and MetroChile repped this.
  7. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    absolutely horrific situation in Connecticut - 30 dead including at least 20 elementray school kids - to some psychopath gunman.

8. blanconi

blanconi Member+

Aug 25, 2008

Fcuking hell!

Not even 3 days after the killings here at the Portland, OR mall. My girlfriend works at a mall only a couple of miles away from the one where the shooting took place and was at work at the time of the shooting. So freaky hearing about it and for the few seconds that it took me to realize it was a different mall, I literally felt my entire body on fire. This "fad" of some random cokcsucker picking up a gun and killing innocent people, let alone children, is just beyond me.

WTF is wrong with people?!?! :mad:

MetroChile repped this.
  9. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    It's all a little sick isn't it. Couple of months back I was outside a bank when the shooting started. Luckily only the robber got shot. It is getting to be a fad isn't it. "But when I shoot them at play station, they come back for the next round."

Shit.....And a bill to restrict assault weapons was successfully defeated this week.
    "We need them for hunting?!"

Sorry, I'm a little fried right now. I know what guns can do.

10. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Not again. That's so heart-wrenchingly sad.

11. Twenty26Six

Twenty26Six Feeling Sheepish...

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't normally take a stance on gun control, but right now, I'm sick of this shit.

The kid had a glock and a sig sauer. No need for that shit - not for hunting, not for protection, not for anything.

All this bullshit talk about the right to bear arms being about personal safety, yet there are 20 elemtary school children dead today.

I want to throw darts at photos of Charlton Heston.

ScholesyLFC repped this.
  12. blanconi

blanconi Member+

Aug 25, 2008
    You and I both, mate!

Twenty26Six repped this.
  13. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Since Obama has now got his second term, is it time for him to show some balls? ;)

blanconi repped this.
  14. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    But...you can't take away our second amendment right to shoot anybody.

15. LiverpoolFanatic

Liverpool FC, Philadelphia Union
    Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If people want to be in a fucking militia so bad let them join the national guard...

16. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    'cos they may have to go somewhere were people will shoot back.

Watched Saturday night live, they didn't mention the shooting but started the show with a kids choir singing Silent Night. I picked up on it right away but a lot were puzzled.

Who remembers Simon & Garfunkel – 7 O'Clock News/Silent Night...... and Richard Speck?

Better google it.

17. B.A.

B.A. Member+

Sep 12, 2007
    IL
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You have a problem w/ the mother's 9mm's (Glock and Sig)? But make no mention of the Bushmaster AR-15?

I have no problem w/ the former, but the latter - blah.

Either way - this has nothing to do w/ gun control.

A mentally-ill person murdered over two-dozen people, twenty of them children. It's been a sad weekend throughout the country.

18. blanconi

blanconi Member+

Aug 25, 2008
    It has a lot to do with gun control and the ease by which some sick fcuk can have access to them. How would this nerd go about killing 30 people without a gun? With his light saber? :mad:

el-capitano repped this.
  19. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah - exactly - it sure does have a lot to do with gun control. to pawn it off as attributable solely to the crazy kid is short-sighted.

20. Twenty26Six

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're right. If guns were only used for what they were invented and intended for - shooting at cardboard and paper targets in a dark basement wearing goggles and earmuffs, we'd all be better off.

Let's not blame the machinery designed to drive metal through flesh at accelerated speeds. After all, I bet that kid could have murdered all 27 of those people just as easily with a kitchen knife or a large rock, right? ********ing hell.

Some ass on social media made the analogy that we don't blame cars for fatalities in drunk-driving incidents. Well, sorry sweetheart, cars weren't designed to rip apart living flesh with intent to kill now, were they?

I've largely been fine with gun rights for people, but let's not pretend these things aren't the reason 27 people are dead instead of 1 or 2.

lcstriker11 repped this.
  21. B.A.

B.A. Member+

Sep 12, 2007
    IL
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If he was half as smart as they said he is - it would be rather easy to build a bomb or three.

22. Twenty26Six

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just because I didn't know about or mention the AR-15, it doesn't mean I am happy with it.

23. Twenty26Six

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...aaaaaand punt.

24. B.A.

B.A. Member+

Sep 12, 2007
    IL
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Noted.

25. B.A.

B.A. Member+

Sep 12, 2007
    IL
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I apologize for saying this has nothing to do w/ gun control.

That was rather ignorant of me, but it has been a hot topic of late in my home state.

This is an awful situation.

This is not the time - or place - to be discussing such matters.

[​IMG]