The European Union News Thread

Discussion in 'International News' started by Nico Limmat, Nov 4, 2009.

1. AmeriSnob

AmeriSnob Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Queens
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This comes from an idea which is growing in popularity that the Eurozone/European Union has only advanced the interests of capitalists/special interests and that any European-wide organization such as them should be oriented toward benefiting the working class.

So in actuality Greek leftists are for greater European integration, just not of the variety that would likely result given the current state of affairs.

2. bandit_

bandit_ New Member

Mar 15, 2014
    they cheated, i cheated too.officially i m dead. ******** off UE and its stupid rules.

3. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Pardon?

4. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Some more trolls, please! :p :sleep:

5. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Maybe this thread needs some pro EU trolling...

6. AmeriSnob

AmeriSnob Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Queens
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since we're trolling,

The Potter repped this.
  7. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    ... and that's racist because???:cautious:

8. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You can count yourself a lucky boy W&B... it's only because I'm in a good mood that you don't owe me a new computer monitor. Watching a masterpiece like Beethoven's 9th fecked up like that usually means me putting my foot through the screen :mad:

;):D

9. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    UK out of the EU!

10. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah, coz then we have the tories managing the economy and they're doing a terrific job... ;)

11. BobanFan

BobanFan Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    They could form a coalition with UKIP.

Would be interesting what would happen to the UK if Scotland does go Indy, as they'd take a lot of labour and some lib dem seats.

12. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    When you say a 'coalition', you realise UKIP has got zero MP's, right?

Do you mean an electoral understanding for UKIP people NOT to stand? Can't see the point from tories POV to have an actual coalition. Easier just to adopt a more anti-euro stance and get the votes that way... which is what they're doing, of course.

13. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Just cleaning up labour mess.

14. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Even though UKIP is getting a groundswell of support right now I don't see them winning that many seats next year to be influential. They will spilt the right wing vote which will lead to labour winning many marginal seats in my opinion. The Tories just need to co-opt their message and win their base back.

15. BobanFan

BobanFan Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I meant after the general election, I imagine they will pick up a few in the next GE IMO, and I can imagine it won't produce an outright winner. Plus Ed Milliband just seems too strange to lead a country.

16. BobanFan

BobanFan Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    They are more populist than most, a lot of the labour intellectuals may well like the eu but a lot of the working class voters aren't that attached to it if you ask me. I just don't buy that they will only cause the Tories trouble.

17. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    UKIP are right-wing populists in rhetoric but in reality they are more right-wing pro-business, privatization, unchecked capitalist feed the rich take from the poor then the Tories!

The labour working class base is upset that labour has become more conservative and turned to the right since 1997. But UKIP anti-euro platform, strident language on immigration appeals too the little englander of all strips Tories and labour hence the crossover appeal.

18. lanman

lanman BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 30, 2002
  19. lanman

Aug 30, 2002
    I doubt Farage would form any agreement with Cameron. He can't stand him and thinks he's a social democrat, as do many of the defectors.

20. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Indeed!

It might be interesting after the next election with various leaders saying who they won't go into coalition with. I can't see Miliband being happy to work with Clegg, can you?

21. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    He will just ask clegg to stand down as leader because he has been discredited and cannot be an agent of change. Kinda what clegg did to brown after the 2010 GE.

22. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  23. lanman

Aug 30, 2002
    Unlikely. UKIP ex Tory voters regularly poll as the least likely to change their vote. And even if they did, such a shift would jeopardise the considerable pro-EU Tory vote.

24. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Call me Dave is caught between a rock and a hard place on that one and, as you say, why would anyone trust him?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-15390884

2007: The European Commission proposes a replacement treaty, which comes to be known as the Lisbon Treaty. The Labour government says it is a different document, amending not overwriting existing treaties, and a referendum is not needed. Conservative leader David Cameron gives a "cast-iron guarantee" to hold a referendum on any treaty emerging from the Lisbon process if he becomes PM

He's been wanting to have his cake and eat it for a long time now.