Sir Bobby & the rest - thread for ex-Utd players or products

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Dark Savante, Mar 31, 2008.

1. pgr17

pgr17 Member+

Sep 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG]

2. Futbol_Head

Futbol_Head Member+

Manchester United
    Aug 18, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haha, nice plate!:D

3. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Meh. He's been trying to get into the EPL on a regular basis for years now, let him enjoy it.

4. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
  5. pgr17

pgr17 Member+

Sep 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    oh i think he is enjoying it just fine as he should. i guess he said that if they made it to the PL he was going to buy a "top car" :)

6. pgr17

pgr17 Member+

Sep 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ronaldo: Fergie to thank for stalling my ego
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=659745&sec=europe&cc=5901

7. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Just was reading Rooney's twitter, he said Ronaldo texted him pretty much saying the same as above. Said Ronnie couldn't believe how many turned up, and how he was sad to leave but it's always been his dream.

8. pgr17

pgr17 Member+

Sep 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    liked this part of that "tweet"

"I told him I look forward to beating him and his team in the Champions League final next May" 37 minutes ago from Tweetie

:D

9. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    Well at least Ronaldo's being gracious about the whole thing(whether it's all PR, we'll never know).

10. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    If the Rio(RedRio) RealWayneRooney is following is the real Rio, he sure does tweet a lot in chav speak.

11. Glory/Us

Glory/Us New Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    i read somewhere that spurs might be interested in ryan shawcross

12. pgr17

pgr17 Member+

Sep 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ebanks-Blake signs new deal
    ---

Hatters try N'Galula

13. dru_jones

dru_jones Member

Mar 14, 2004
    Hopefully SAF put on a sell-on clause in his transfer. Hehehe.

14. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Shawcross really has impressed me and exceeded my expectations to be fair, though. I had him figured for a Championship defender who might be Premiership ready by his mid/late 20s (and only for a lower or yo-yo team at that). He wasn't fantastic last season, but as a 20/21 year old CB for a newly promoted team he was highly impressive.

Think I posted this somewhere else, but haven't Arsenal & Liverpool fans been scoffing at our youth setup for a little while? Turns out now that something like 14-15 of our youth products are playing Premiership football now, all 25 years old or younger (Eckersley, David Jones, Campbell, Ebanks Blake, Richardson, Eagles, Shawcross, McShane, Bardsley, Danny Pugh, Simpson, Spector, plus Jonny Evans & Fletcher if we are including them... plus one or two others I am sure I am forgetting about).

I just find it remarkable how little credit we get for that, especially given that iirc nearly all of those guys came the whole way from the academy (Richardson & Spector are the only one I know for certain weren't). Remember all the talk about Arsenal having so many youngsters on loan or sold to Premiership clubs maybe 2-3 years ago? I'm fairly certain it didn't come close to that number, and I would venture a guess that a far lower percentage of those players were brought up the whole way from the academy.

That is something to be pretty f'king proud of.

15. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
  16. Hammerette 1

Hammerette 1 Member

May 24, 2007
    England
    If your list is meant to exclude players from other academies then Keiron Richardson needs to be removed. West Ham were paid around £1million in compensation when he left. That's not to detract from the excellent record Manchester United have in producing quality young talent BTW.

17. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Oh yeah, forgot about that :eek:. Left him out initially, then with the cluster of names I must have thrown him back in without thinking.

18. FCDallas96

FCDallas96 Member

Aug 12, 2004
    Dallas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. GrodZilla

GrodZilla Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Stockholm
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  20. Vermont Red

Vermont Red Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder what ever happened to Daniel Nardiello.

21. GrodZilla

GrodZilla Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Stockholm
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    According to the article he's at Blackpool

22. GrodZilla

GrodZilla Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Stockholm
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I was looking around the net while at work, not working, and came upon this interview with the King himself. It's not brand new so I assume that it's been up here before but if you haven't read it it's well worth a read... He does have a way with words.

http://fourfourtwo.com/interviews/one-on-one/217/article.aspx

23. Republic of Mancunia

Aug 24, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I saw a little featurette on Dong whilst watching 'Premier League World' earlier, that weekly preview programme. I assume it goes out everywhere and not just in the UK?

Felt I got to know him more through watching that than I ever did when he was here even if he was speaking in Chinese and his words were voiced-over. It was good to see him smiling and looking relaxed. He was saying that he enjoyed the experience of coming over here and his time at Antwerp even if it didn't work out in the end for him. Nice little feel-good piece all-in-all.

24. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    Yeah I saw that. I kinda felt sorry for him and what he had to go through, only to not make it. I hope his career gets back on track.

25. pgr17

pgr17 Member+

Sep 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Carroll expected to join Odense
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=668354&sec=transfers&cc=5901&campaign=rss&source=soccernet